Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hi, All:

Slo, I get so mad when I hear what that a$$ does. He sounds like a petulant two year old. Good riddance! Imagine the serenity of your own place! Sorry you have to go through that. I also never took to gardening. I want a nice garden, and particularly like fresh veggies, but I can't bring myself to do it. I love being outside and digging in the dirt (meaning I'm not opposed to dirt), so maybe one day I'll get to it. I think it just takes too much time on the weekends when I'd rather be doing other things.

Welcome back, NS. I laughed out loud at the sleep tights and Danskos. I was wearing something for comfort the other day and remembered looking at my mom as a teen and thinking "does she have to wear Levi's EVERY day?" The answer is YES. It makes me laugh. Glad you got to mingle fancily for a bit and had a good trip.

Ava, that photo made me laugh out loud, too. Karen and Susan are right at home there! I hope dog food leads to tasty eggs at least.

Wags, I hope you're ok. I know you had a lot going on. LC, I hope the trip is good. And hi to everyone else.

x
    Pav

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

We had a cold & rainy (basically crappy) day here, oh well. Winter always tries to hold on as long as it can.
      I for one am anxious to get outside & clear up my garden beds & plant some new stuff. Since we’ve been living here I’ve realized the Amish grow veggies much better than I do & sell them cheap. My gardening focus is adding colors, attracting butterflies & other pollinators & of course making the birds happy. As cold as it is I am already hearing blue bird song outside.

NS, you sound like me, haha! There was a time when i cared about getting dressed up to go somewhere but not any more. I’m happy in my jeans & muck shoes for the most part, suits my current lifestyle just fine. I just want peace, happiness & comfort in my life

Pav, start your gardening adventure with flowers. Plant some awesome perennials & add in some annuals each year. Go buy your veggies at the farmer’s markets like I do

Slo, hope you’re OK today.

Wags, we would love to hear from you :hug:

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning. Just popping for a quick wave. All is good. Sounds like everyone is in their places.

I'll see if I can actually participate this evening.

Have a great day y'all
        The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

You have bluebirds, Lav?! Your yard sounds like a haven for birds and pollinators. I like your intentions for your gardens. I have noticed that the Asians who sell at the farmers markets grow higher quality produce too. Wonder what their secret is?

I have canceled my appointments for today & tomorrow, and am staying up at daughter’s in the sick house to help out. She’s quite sick with a stomach flu, but has been soldiering on through work and also a night of conferences (mostly via Zoom and phone). The babies are quite sick with bad colds. Now I hear Beckett will be home today because the day care provider is sick with the stomach flu. I went to bed before 9pm last night -need to try to stay healthy myself!

I bet you looked boho chic in your outfit, NS! I’m all about dressing comfortably too -always have been.

I suppose HB might be in pain over our divorce too, and feels the need to retreat. I don’t know.

Over-it! Glad it’s going well! I hope Belle & LC are having success in their travels.

I hear Mabel awake…
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

NS. I saw you in the gossip columns.......

NS Woman dress.jpg

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Better day today, no rain. Saturday we’re supposed to get a bomb cyclone. How do the weather folks come up with these terms? Lol

Overit, hope your day was good!

Slo, taking care of all the sickies once again, bless you. I have heard about that stomach virus going around, ugh. Hope you can avoid getting it too.
              I don’t know about the Asian growers but the Amish grow basically clean & organic as possible. They know people are looking for cleaner food these days. A lot of them have their own stores right on their farms so you know you’re getting super fresh produce.

G, that outfit is hard core 60’s, haha!!!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry for being AWOL for the past several weeks. I've been hyper-focused on caring for family and myself over the past several weeks since my aunt died of covid.

I didn't drink.

I need to read back to see what's up with everyone since early Feb, and I will. Just wanted to say hey for now and pull up a twig.
                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good morning,

Daughter & son-in-law changed their plans for Friday, so I am home now. So far I just have a scratchy throat and swollen lymph nodes.
                  And young daughter is coming home for Spring Break today!!!

Lav, you really have ready access to great produce! I patronize the farmers markets too, in season -much better produce than I could grow. The season is short here though.

Welcome back, Wags! Thankful that you got through all that without drinking.

Looking forward to hearing from you , Over-It.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

After such a lovely sunny & 60 degree day we are now preparing for a rain/snow event to hit tomorrow. Feels like a mean joke

Wags, so happy to see you & of course you didn’t drink. Rest yourself then jump back in the dialogue here :hug:

Slo, good that you are home but the scratchy throat & swollen glands, ugh. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
                    I’m really looking forward to the local fresh veggies. Eating mostly frozen over the winter is just not the same.

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening nesters

Lav, i want to move to where you live, it sounds divine. Peaceful and no near neighbours, my dream!

Wags, lovely to see you back, I hope 2022 starts to get better for you.

Slo, the joy of g-babies, they keep on giving lol. I have a sore throat atm but am hoping it is nothing. Feel better soon.

Long weekend for us which is much needed. today i have been in the garden pulling up the last of the tomatoes. then i put Susan and Karen in for a scratch and they loved it. Need to get some seeds going for winter veges. the prices are ridiculous and are only going to get worse.

I have a plan to try and get into the garage and start cleaning it, i only managed half last time and now its just a junk yard again. its nice to just potter.

Mum just signed up to Britbox so i grabbed her username off her, i love the british shows. problem is i dont want to go to sleep now.

How is your holiday LC? How is life Belle? Hello to anyone i have missed.

take care xx
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Well we had a day of rain & snow. Now it’s dropped below freezing so things will be getting icy. 8 days until spring - I am holding my breath haha!!

Ava, it looks like it’s just us this weekend.
                        Garage cleaning is at the bottom of my to-do list to be honest, good luck with that! I’ll bet your girls had a good time scratching in the garden, mine love to do that as well. I really haven’t had them out of their fenced yard for a while because of the fox issue. I can’t spend all day out there watching over them. Whne my big dog was still here we didn’t have the fox problem. I really do miss her.

Hello to all & Hope everyone has a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey, Nesters. Looks like everyone is staying on the sober path. The world is so full of problems, we all deserve an extra pat on the back for staying strong.
                          Im still wrestling with this eye. I went to a new eye doc and I think she is getting to the bottom of it. Ocular rosacea and dry eye. She did every test in the book and sent me home with a workbook to read and chart lifestyle changes. I hate lifestyle changes, but I know for a fact that I’m capable of making them. I need to upgrade my eye makeup, drink more water, less Diet Coke, cut down sugar and she wants me to eat fish. This is just a bridge too far. I don’t know what my issue is with fish, but it is not going away. I’m repulsed. There has to be another way. I take fish oil, but she says that’s not the same. I even taste that when I take it, yuck. I wish I did like fish, it’d be an easy dish and most find it delish.
                          I had to buy an eye massager to help stimulate the oil glands that are located in the lids. Now there’s a visual. A worse visual is the bill I had to pay for all this. It’s going to get worse, too, I have to go back for 4 laser treatments for my eyelids to help reduce the raging rosacea. Jealous yet?
                          We had an awful storm this morning. Raging wind and rain, we had gusts well into the 40’s. They were so strong that when I went into the bathroom tonight to get my bubble bath, the door wouldn’t close! Hubs had to come in and make a hinge adjustment. This poor house, it has sure seen some foul weather. Lucky it’s still standing.
                          Slo, for some reason I get these articles from Quora Digest on (malignant) narcissists. Your hubs qualifies. One thing that all the articles seem to agree on, these people do not change, they get worse. Easy for someone else to say, but perhaps you can find someone who absolutely adores you, like we do here. You deserve more than mind games. Life is too dang short to put up with someone who is incapable of love. Sending you hugs. Divorce is hard no matter what the circumstance.
                          Time to spring forward.
                          Hope everyone has an easy evening. Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

I ended up getting the stomach flu, so have been pretty sick this weekend. My fever broke now though.

Byrdie, glad the new doc is getting to the bottom of your eye troubles. Like it’s not the cataract surgery itself, although that set everything off. My mother is in the same boat, and is sad and so regrets getting the cataract surgeries done, as it has made her eye troubles worse.
                            The problem with fish these days is it is polluted with mercury, so I wouldn’t hit it up too hard. Maybe don’t wear eye makeup every day -give your eyes a break? I sure hope you get a good outcome with the changes and treatments.
                            I can’t imagine wind gusts in the 40s! Winds of 20 miles per hour seem fierce. Your coastal house does get battered!
                            Thank you for the vote of confidence that I’m doing the right thing. Interesting that you say that: my mother is afflicted with severe narcissistic personality disorder of the malignant type, and my sister has been saying of late, “You married our mother!”

Lav, your chickens miss your big dog too then! She was big enough to scare predators away. I love picturing your chooks delighted in having a scratch in the yard, Ava.

It is time to Spring forward! We lost an hour! That’s ok by me -I just lost an hour of being sick. Happy Sundays all around.
                            Last edited by Slo; March 13, 2022, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Morning nesters

It is so nice not having to get up to work today and just relax. i have not opened my work laptop all weekend which is a first. I read a post on instagram yesterday about work - What is the biggest lesson that employment has taught you? "Efficient workers got punished with more work" and that is so true. I am thinking of having a month of work but there never seems to be a good time to do it but i need to make it work to go and visit Jasper and the family. Mind you the price of fuel is a deterrent to the pocket.

Lav, i took your advice and kept away from the garage, i have half done my wardrobe and bought a plant stand that i hesitantly opened yesterday thinking i had to put it together but found i dont but it needed sanding and staining so have been doing that. My neighbour came over to try and save my lemon tree which was nice. i sometimes think i would like a smaller place but i have the best neighbour and i dont think i would find that again.

Byrd, that sucks about your eye. Age is not our friend. I like seafood thankfully. Lately i have had salmon and i layer thinly sliced potato, zuccini, asparagus then the salmon and some lemon juice and tomato on top. wrap it in foil and cook in the oven. it is delicious and so easy to make. its hard when you dont like fish though.

Slo, glad you are on the mend. Hopefully the warmer weather will get you on top of the colds. they say our winter is going to be rampant with flu/colds as we have not had any for 2 years. i am just going to keep doing what i am doing and avoid the masses. I had a chuckle when your sister said "you married your mother". god just dealing with one person like my mother is enough. Mind you since i bought the chooks for her, i am back in the will lol.

time for a coffee and some motivation. take care xx
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Made the switch to daylight savings pretty easy, surprised myself, haha!!
                                Yesterday’s snow & the ice that formed overnight has melted about 1/2 the way during today’s sunny period so i’m happy

Byrdie, sorry to hear about your eye condition. Sometimes we have no choice but learn to live with these things like the corneal scar I’ve developed, ugh.
                                I’m with you on the fish, I can’’t eat it anymore although I was able to eat some when I was younger. Like Slo said the mercury content really turned me off. I was told to use moistening drops with flax oil & they really help with the dry eye. Unless you were given a Rx go look for Refresh with flax oil & try them out. I don’t think i’ve ever run into someone with rosacea on the eyelids, I’ll have to do some reading on that. Good luck with everything.

Slo, hope you are on the mend after the virus. It’s hard to avoid catching it when everyone in the house has it though. Keep those fluids going, you know the routine :hug:

Ava, yay for your extra day off!
                                Glad yo left the garage alone, it will keep haha. I like getting unpainted furniture pieces & making them work with your own colors, fun stuff.
                                We have a younger neighbor across the road who has helped us out with a few heavy jobs outside. He has the best equipment to do that stuff. I really appreciate his help.

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X