Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hola friends!

Big waves to evabody. All's well here. Very busy on self improvement via some business style dealings and education in that realm. Almost as interesting as Lav's convo with the retired biology prof at the fair. great work on the Ukraine donations Lavstar.

Safe travels Belle.

Big hola en abruzos desde Australia para todo! Surf's up fam. Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey Nesters,

Feeling good post vaccines but still kinda brain dead from the Saturday craft fair, haha! I absolutely love doing those things but they take up more brain space these day than they used to, oh well.
      Next one is November 5th so there’s plenty of time to prepare. I wouldn’t keep doing these things if it wasn’t so much (exhausting) fun
      I am concerned about several old friends in Florida, right in the way of hurricane Ian. I’m sure they’re hunkering down, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for all of them.

Wags, thanks, I just have to do something to help the people of Ukraine & I figured I could put my embroidery skills to goo∂ use.
      Hope you have a great. Week!

Slo, yes, that particular fair is very well regulated. I had to sign up way back in March & look forward to next year, Lord willing
      Glad to hear you enjoyed visiting your friend, sounds like a nice trip indeed.

G, you are learning something new? Do tell
      I know whatever it is you will succeed!!

Hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Nesters,

It’s me again
        Keeping an eye on the hurricane approaching Florida where so many of my friends live these day. Scary, to say the least.

Wishing everyone continued safety in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Sober check in. All is ok in Wagland. A little tired because my work load is starting to ramp up again a bit.

Hope you all are doing well!
          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, All:

Sorry about your friends, Lav. Have they been able to evacuate successfully? I see they are expecting 10 to 20 inches of rain. Holy moly. I hope all are ok.

Ava, you're too good to foster those pups, and Carl and Bob are good sports. Good luck with that PA.

I visited a good friend this weekend - she was the one who got me to quit and found this site, although she never progressed as far as I did down the alcohol path. She has been sober for six years, and much of the time before that as well. It was so great to just visit, talk and laugh for two whole days. Just what the doctor ordered.

On my way to bed. Happy Sober Tuesday, everyone!

xo
            Pav

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Nice day here in Lav-land but watching the hurricane news in Florida, geez. Both the east & west coasts of the state are being hit, tomorrow it hits Orlando & Disney World. Keeping fingers crossed for all!!
              I managed to get my stray cat friend into the Vet today for a rabies vaccine & found out she is too pregnant for spaying so I have to wait for her to have her 2nd litter of kittens this year. She’s only estimated to be about a year old, sad. We have become kinda attached to each other since I first spotted her back in March. There’s a horse farm across the road from me & I have a feeling she came from there. I hate when people just leave all these cats to roam on their own & do nothing to take care of them. Anyway, I am doing my best to take care of my new friend,

Wags, I figured this would be a busy time for you. Good luck & I hope you have good students

Pav, some of my FL friends are still up here for the summer & go back when it starts to turn cold. But I do have a few who stay all year in FL. They haven’t said anything about evacuating. I hope they use good sense, this storm is so huge. Glad you had a good visit with your friend.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Pav - sounds like a fun visit with your friend. Glad you got a chance to do that.

Lav - thank you for tending to your stray cat friend. It makes me so mad when people neglect or abuse animals. Honestly, there are a lot of things that people do that are frustrating at the least, infuriating at worst. Thank goodness there are people like you (and Ava doing foster work) who step up and help these poor critters so they can have a decent life.

All is good here. I've got several new students starting this week, which is always fun even though it's a bit exhausting. Now that I think about it, I guess kinda like the craft fairs for Lav -- as she said, (exhausting) fun.

By the time I'm posting this I think we're all over the hump for this week. Thu here we come!
                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

‘Exhausted fun’ is all I can ask for at this point in my life Wags, haha!!! I have to be careful & not use up all of my brain in one day anymore, takes a long time to recoup.
                  Good luck with those new students Wags

Sending lots of light & hope to the residents of Florida today after all the destruction from hurricane Ian. I heard from my friend & she’s OK, grateful for that!
                  Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Everyone! I had a quick three day trip to my CA client. Talk about using all of my brain - it was mentally taxing. But they are wonderful. They wined me and dined me - minus the wine. And there was no push back about not drinking.

I'll check in and read more soon. So glad I have not reverted to my old ways. I feel like a new person since 4.75 years ago when I first quit. Seems so long ago now.

Look forward to reading how everyone is doing!
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Sounds like you packed a lot in on your California trip, Kensho. I’m glad the people were nice to work with. And fine to wine & dine sans wine!
                      I went to a cocktail party tonight with my little sister for her husband’s work. Her husband (and his work) is my financial advisor, which is how I got invited.
                      The catering service was able to fetch some NA beers for me, so that was good. And good to see the niece & nephews!

You have a cat now, Lav! Aww. Aren’t they great?!And thanks to you, she won’t have to endure endless pregnancies. Actually, I’m feeling a little hemmed in with my cat. It’s hard to leave and go travel when you have a pet. But today I found a nice place that boards cats (where I used to go board the dog in the past), and already booked him in for over Thanksgiving!

My dog bite is due to have the stitches taken out tomorrow, but the wound is still draining; so I’m not sure if I feel ready for that.

Lots of you have had exhausting, but still kinda fun, work lately!

I think we lost Lifechange.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Sitting here waiting for our turn with the remnants of hurricane Ian. The destruction in FL is horrible, 33 lives lost
                        We can certainly handle whatever amount of rain it brings but I’m not real fond of all the wind.

Kensho, glad you are doing well & feeling strong in your quit. That’s how we do this

Slo, Luna will be an outdoor cat due. To the grumpy old cat that’s already living here haha! I’m afraid the two wouldn’t mix well. Hope I can keep her dry enough in this rain coming our way.
                        Sorry to hear your wound is still draining. Have you been on antibiotics? I hope everything works out OK for you. Nice to hear you’re getting out & about in society

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Kensho - sounds like a really great trip, including the dining w/out wining! Whereabouts in CA did you go? That's my home state and I miss it terribly (even though the Pacific NW is pretty sweet too!).

Lav - Exhausted fun sounds like a pretty good goal for any age actually! I imagine your grandkids would sign on for such experiences

Slo - sorry to hear your dog bite is still giving you trouble. Where was it you said you got bitten (which part of your body)? I got bitten once (two bites, one incident) on my hand when a loose dog rushed and attacked my little one (see profile pic). It HURT but did eventually heal completely. I hope yours does too.

Hellos and waves everyone. Any nesters or other MWO'ers in the path of Hurricane Ian, I'm sending you positive energy and high hopes you stay safe and sound. The damage and destruction is devastating!
                          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

MOrning nesters,

having a cuppa and pups asleep so thought i would post and say hello.

The hurricane sounded awful and such damage, we are lucky not to get them down under, atm we are getting enough rain to add another ocean. The weather is warming up which is nice. mowed the lawn yesterday (not the best idea with my arm) but apparently its better than whipper snipping (physio advice). He did give me tips on doing it in increments so i have taken that on board. This arm healing is a slow process.

Belle, i hope you are now recovered from your needle, strangely my last vax (4th) i had no issues which was good. we have now stopped all restrictions with regards to covid so hopefully we wont fall into a heap. the issue is, is that people have only had a couple of vax's and think they are safe forever. I just want to avoid it for as long as possible.

my daughter turned 31 yesterday, where did that come from. My son turns 34 in a couple of weeks. Thank god i am not getting older lol. the daughter who lives with me finally got a fulll time job and i think will move out in a few weeks. i am looking forward to it actually. time to leave the nest and time to see again what its like in the real world. I think i have enough to keep me busy with fostering and work. I did tell her she has to take her cat, I also think she will take Bob and even though Carl will miss him, he will have fosters to keep him company.

Today is 4 weeks since i took in the girls and they act like they have lived here all of their lives. Bindi doesnt run into things as much as she did so she is gathering her bearings, they get so excited to hear my voice and go outside, its wonderful to see them growing. I have to take Gucci to the surgeon this week so they can operate on her hernia and urinary tract stones.

Wags, good to see you busy but dont get too stressed, its not worth it.

Slo, glad to see you can put the cat in boarding and go away. Is it your cat or the children's? I hope your leg heals soon, sounds like an awful injury for you. Injuries set us back nowadays, well they should but i seem to keep doing what i shouldnt do. I think LC is on holidays visiting her mum.

take care everyone. xx
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi, All:

Glad you had a nice visit, Kensho. I do love CA, even with all of its problems.

Wags, are all the tests you tutor for online still? Maybe they were even before COVID. Glad you like your new students.

Slo, I missed that you got bitten by a dog. How scary. Hope you're healing well.

Lav, nice of you to take care of that cat. I really don't see how people can treat animals like that, although I do eat meat and prefer not to hear about that... I'm trying to be better about the source of the meat.

Not much to report. Spent the day in the pottery studio. I've gone mad with pottery and wish I could do it more. Having friends over for dinner for the first time in a long time. I'm feeling tired but will rally! Making soup as the cooler weather is settling in.

Happy SOBER Saturday,
                              Pav

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Pav, it’s definitely soup weather here . I hope you have a nice evening with your friends.
                                We have been lucky finding local sources for buying meat. I don’t eat a lot of it but my husband does & we know it’s what they feed their families so there’s that.

Ava, sounds like you’ll be having the house to yourself, wow! You’ll have lots of company with your dogs & chickens too.
                                Glad you’re taking care of that arm, slow healing is typical as we get older. You’re in good company haha! Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Wags, hope yuor weekend is going well.
                                We got a little over an inch of rain last night & a few wind gusts, nothing terrible. FL looks like a giant disaster area, I donated to the Red Cross today to try to help a little.

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X