Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Happy weekends everyone! Sure is quiet in here. Hope everyone is doing well. Would love to hear from any/all nesters.

"Don't drink - it's gross." - [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] (miss you and hope you're living the good life in the great white north)
    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

morning nesters

Yes Wags, it is quiet isnt it, i do try and post when i have time but i read every day which i am sure others do. Life got lifey since Covid isnt the main focus on us all i suppose. We have a current covid wave again and a few wards in the hospital are closed.

We have our state elections coming up and boy are they promising the world and going to deliver nothing. one said they will give us 2.4 billion dollars to refurb our hospital and 200 more beds. umm wonder where the staff are coming from and there is no land to build anywhere else. just false promises to get votes which annoys me.

a huge shower of rain last night but nice and sunny this morning. managed to get lawn mowed and a dose of hayfever beforehand which was good. the dogs now cant get lost in the jungle.

Have organised for the PA to visit where she will work tomorrow and introduce her to myself and the bosses and some staff. she said she is excited and i told her not as much as i am.

Slo, i was on the phone last night and washed the floor while i was talking, i just love it and just put in vinegar as found the solution they gave with it made the floor slippery but it has been very humid here also.

Going to have coffee with D2 who left home (and still hasnt taken her cat or stuff), she has a really bad back so made an apt for her to see a podiatrist. she does a lot of walking in her job, i dont want her to come home lol, so there is a method to my madness. I miss her but i love being alone and doing what i want.

My cousing is visiting next weekend overnight, its been 3 years since i have seen her so i am so excited. she turns 60 today and as i said to her that when we used to visit our nan that no way did i ever think of her getting old.

time for a coffee, take care xx
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Good day here, not too much going on. I’ve been asked to bring stuffing & appetizers to my daughter’s Thanksgiving dinner so I’m cruising thru my recipes now trying to make a decision, haha!

Wags, we may have to enlist the services of the FBI to find our missing Nesters, Lol

Ava, I hope you have a great visit with your cousin. I remember the last time you two got together
        My kids have been out of the house for so long I’d have a heart attack if they returned now, no kidding.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav - We are now seeing how critical the Senate win by Fetterman was in your lovely state. Now with Nevada looking pretty darn sure, I'm finally relaxing a tiny bit. What a stressful political time this is. I wish I didn't care, but when one party wants to legislate my rights and my marriage into oblivion, I HAVE to care. I'm glad you do too, and apparently SO many others.

Ava- I do not envy you in your upcoming election. We are just nearing the end of a brutal election cycle that put democracy on the ballot vs fascism. I hope things turn out well for all of you.

Hellos and waves everyone. Glad you're here, whether reading, posting or both!
          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Sunday evening greetings Nesters,

Where the heck is everyone????

Wags, I am so damn proud of the women in PA! We did the right thing & now others are following
            Life should not be this difficult in this day & age just because we were born female, geez. I’ll fight the fight until I die, no kidding. You take care :hug:

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Welp, it's the end of another weekend and all is well.

Lav - I'll fight to the end of my days too! I have a pretty fierce crew of friends (mostly women and/or queer so lots of energy to blow up the patriarchy ) who won't quit either.

Ava - How did the PA introduction go? I bet you're super excited to have her join the staff. I thought of you and G-dude and Steady today: we went to a university basketball game this afternoon (women). 3 of the 5 starters on our local team are from Australia (two Melbourne, the other one maybe as well or maybe elsewhere -- I didn't catch her city). It was a kinda cool discovery! Unfortunately they got beaten very badly, but in all fairness they were playing the Standford University women's team which is almost always one of the top teams in the U.S. Is basketball a popular sport in your country, especially for girls and young women?

I hope everyone has a great start to this new week!
              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hello to the Nest:

Maybe [MENTION=3339]planetjanet[/MENTION] will join us here!

I looked up the mop, Ava. It sounds effortless! don’t need it in my condo, but it would’ve been nice for my old house with all the flooring. I experimented with lots of different mops then, but never stumbled on that one.

Lav, I’m making corn pudding for Thanksgiving at my daughter’s, and will help with the mashed potatoes too. I assigned young daughter to an appetizer. She said she’s too young, and I said she isn’t (19 years old). She was kinda joking.

Good thing you got the grass mowed ahead of the rain and heat, Ava! We’ve had our first dusting of snow now.

There is a method to your madness with your daughter! I drove my sister to the podiatrist last week (she crushed her driving foot, so can’t drive), and today will take her to get an MRI done on it. I don’t want people living with me either. I’m greatly enjoying my space, and doing what I want.

My one daughter with fertility problems has blastocysts on ice, so she made sure to get out there to vote! I watched her baby while she did it.

Wishing all a good AF day!
                Last edited by Slo; November 14, 2022, 07:03 AM.
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Monday evening greetings Nesters,

Feeling cold & breezy here, just as it should this time of year. along with the cold air comes a hot of viruses, one of which kept my oldest grandson home from school today. There’s always someone sick as the holidays are approaching it seems.
                  Finally got the kitten to taste some canned kitten food by spoon feeding her, haha!! Weaning needs to be completed by the time the mama cat goes in for spaying on the 29th.
                  I’m trying to work on some lace Christmas ornaments but keep getting interrupted by 4 legged creatures Lol

Wags, I imagine that basketball game was exciting. Played a little in high school but not since.
                  Hard to believe we are still fighting for women's rights but here we are.

Slo, I like to bring dishes to a dinner but it’s usually something I can’t eat so I get kinda irritated haha! Oh well, that’s just the way it is I guess
                  Nice you can drive your sister to her appointments, she’s lucky to have you.

Hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for everyone!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Slo - sounds like you'll have a really nice Thanksgiving

Lav - sorry to hear your g'son is sick. Better now than later I suppose. Is this one who likes school and is bummed to miss, or one who's kinda glad to take a sick day?

Hellos and waves nesters. Happy new weeks to you all!
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

40 degrees & raining so it’s feeling pretty yucky here. Glad I got out for a hair cut & stops at a few stores before the rain arrived. We have a wood stove in the basement that we use to help out the heating system, it feels good on a day like this. My workshop happens to be done there too so I can stay toasty

Wags, that grandson is a pretty smart kid, mostly an A student & uses a sick day to catch upon sleep usually. Haven’t heard from him yet today so I’ll have to text him I guess. Just found out my brother is home from his big surgery he had Friday, so that’s good too. I hope your week is going well.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Gidday evabody,

Apologies for being away. Haven't been M.I.A. from life, just busy. Not busy going in circles i'm happy to add. haha. Busy chasing deals in the property game here. I have some coaching which is finite, so am knuckling down to capitalise while i can. Big hello and wave to all.

Surf's up!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G - great to see you and hear what you're up to! Hope the property game works out in your favor. Not going in circles is fantastic as well!

Lav - I love a wood fire heat as well. We have a wood burning fireplace that we use as our primary heat most of the winter. It makes the living room toasty but keeps the other rooms (especially bedroom) cool, which we both prefer for sleeping. Occasionally I get pretty cold while teaching (not in the warm room) and I've always got a blankie and at least a hoodie or something I can grab if needed, but better too cool than too warm.

Happy almost hump day everyone!
                          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Now we have ‘wind chills’, uh oh haha! Feels like winter for sure
                            I’m inside as much as possible getting my craft work done, Dec 3 will be here quickly.

G, good to see you & good job on the real estate deals. Hope that all pays off nicely for you

Wags, yep the wood stove downstairs is nice & there’s a fireplace up in the living room. We go through quite a bit of firewood every winter. Our heater is fueled by propane & we have a 1000 gal tank buried in the front yard. The truck came today to fill it up so we’re all set for whatever comes. Now all I need is a pot of soup in the fridge. Enjoy the warmth of the fire.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning nesters

good to see you G and glad you are living your best sober life.

Wonder how Steady is enjoying her break.

i am working and my brain is doughy from doing 11+ hour days. i am watching "my favourite martian". i still love that show even if it is in black and white, i always wanted to disappear like "uncle martin".

Lav, i love a wood fire and we used to have a wood stove, back in the day and it kept everything toasty warm in the kitchen/lounge, the bedrooms were freezing and of course no flanno sheets back then only the eirderdown.

Wags, i was in shock this winter as i actually started to feel the cold again, there are some benefits to menopause though i still get a tad warm on occasion. I didnt meet the PA on Monday as we had horrendous storms and i didnt go into work, would have taken me hours with traffic accidents etc but did meet her yesterday and my boss was so happy, i think he wanted to keep here there and then. she is very lovely, professional and tall. i am sure she will fit in very well, likes to get her work done and hopefully not complain on a minute by minute basis on how busy she is. We have drs off with covid again as there is a wave hanging around and lots of complacent people. we have started f2f meetings and no zoom and its been nice seeing faces and chatting.

Slo, how is our newest g-baby going? are you helping much atm? i am loving my mop, can mop just before bed, takes 10 minutes and nice in the morning for the onslaught of wee.

i took my daughter to the podiatrist and apaprently one leg is shorter than the other, apaprently since birth, wasnt picked up and i didnt notice, he asked if she fell over a lot. i said she was probably pushed by her siblings a lot but not really. hopefully with some orthotics she will lose the back pain.

Anyway back to work for me. take care xx
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Ava - glad to hear the PA was received so well. She sounds like an excellent addition to the team. I hope your daughter gets some relief of her back pain with the orthotics. Even a small difference in leg length can really aggravate things.

Lav - we actually have wind chill here too! Today was about 40 degrees F (about 4 C), but with windchill felt like (-1 C). That is COLD for this part of the country!!! I hope your continuing prep for the Dec 3 craft fair goes smoothly. Time will fly by before you know it.

Hellos and waves everyone. Hope all is weill with all nesters.
                                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Working...
                                X