Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

My almost 6 week old kitten is in the biting stage, OUCH. I keep giving her toys to chew on but she prefers my hands & ankles, Lol
    Trying to get a bit of craft work done between bites

Ava, we apparently have 2 strains of Covid circulating currently plus flu, RSV & who knows what else, ugh. I’m kind of fearful for holiday gatherings again this year.
    Glad the new PA is a team worker, that’s the best!

Wags, yep, the chilly weather is here to stay now. I really don’t mind, I have lots of hoodies like John Fetterman, haha!!

Hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for everyone!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Checking in to say hi. One more day of my last and final quit in the books.

Lav - hoodies are the best! I don't blame Fetterman a bit

Hope everyone is doing well!
      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi Nest. Checking in too. I need to be here more frequently. Sounds like everyone is cozying up. We have a storm coming in tonight with 5-10" of snow expected. Kids have a snow day, which I love because I can sleep later. I plan to be up doing some work tonight (breaking my rule) before we leave for a week break to Phoenix AZ. Looking forward to not working!

Sounds like Covid is making a comeback. I just hope we don't get a strain that is immune to the vaccines. We just got boosted to help, but you never know what's around the corner. Kids have a doozy cold and half the schools are sick at the moment. Hopefully a week away will get it cleared out.

Ava - YIPPIE that your new PA is tolerable, if not likable! How refreshing for you!

Wags, what am I missing with "Fetterman"?

Hi G-MAN! Glad to see you! Real estate can be profitable - hope it works out for you!

We rebooked our Italy trip from 2020 - it will be May 2023. I'm excited, but felt a few tingles of "wish I could just have a little wine" when there. Of course, I'll be 5 years sober and am well practiced in not drinking. But I can't let those thoughts creep in. The one that's getting me is that they just have a small glass at lunch. Can't I do that? Just one small glass? Of course I can't.

Anyway, off I go to fold clothes, then draft. Hmph. I would hate it but that vacation is on the horizon.

Hope everyone has a great day.
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

There’s a pretty snowfall going on outside here! Thankfully not 10” like Kensho could get! But everything has been coated in white this week.
          I didn’t get the Fetterman reference either.
          Kensho, you can have a small glass of cranberry juice with your lunches in Italy.
          Enjoy your week away from it all!

There you are, G- man! You’re making the most of having a mentor to learn the ropes of the real estate business, sounds like.

11+-hour days, Ava! That new PA can’t start soon enough.
          Eiderdown: there’s an old-fashioned word from novels I used to read!

I haven’t met the new grandson Andy yet, but will travel to see him next week. He has red hair & blue eyes just like the other two little grandsons!

The new kitty is teething on you, Lav! Soon enough those little teeth will start falling out.

It is Friday, but remember: that’s not a ticket to Boozeville.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Friday greetings Nesters,

OK, here in PA Fetterman = HOODIES! That’s what we saw him wearing thruout his political campaign, haha. He’s really just a regular guy but i think he owns a suit or two
            Love my hoodies with all sorts of stuff embroidered on the fronts.
            Still cold here, may see some flurries later. Northwest New Yourk state is being hammered with 4-5 feet of snow, yikes!

Wags, have a great weekend!

Kensho, you have plenty of time to prepare mentally for your trip to Italy as a non-drinker. Just enjoy the trip & the food, take lots of pics

Slo, I think Daisy is starting ti understand the meaning of NO!!! Haha
            Hope you get to see your new grandson real soon. Be careful out in the snow.

Hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Kensho & Slo - great to see you both! Fetterman is John Fetterman, the awesome guy who just beat that smarmy Dr Oz for a Senate seat in Pennsylvania. He is very capable and competent, but unlike many political candidates, he dresses in cargo shorts and hoodies a lot of the time (even his acceptance speech!). Super down-to-earth. Even though we live on the west coast, we supported his campaign from here cuz it was so important for him to win (and he DID!!!)

Kensho - you'll be fine in Italy as long as you embrace your quit and plan ahead. Treat yourself with gelato instead (if your dietary situation tolerates that). Or as Slo suggested, take pictures, drink in the sights / sounds / smells of Italia rather than drinking in wine.

Hellos and waves to Lav, G, Ava, Steady, and everyone else stopping by the nest. Happy weekends everyone!
              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good to see everyone. Must say, i liked Fetterman first time i saw him. Now i actually have an idea of who he is!

Italy will be magical Kensho.

Hope y'all are keeping well and warm. Crazy extreme weather over here. Lot's of unusual heavy rain has flooded a lot of towns.

Hola Steady if you're reading.

Take it easy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Chilly here but sunny so nothing to complain about . Keeping busy with the usual stuff & happy to do that.

Wags, thanks for the support of Fetterman. Like you I’ve donated to candidates around the country that absolutely needed to win. There’s so much on the line in these elections, we need to stay focused.
                  Have a great weekend!

G, hello to you & hope your weekend is going well despite all the rain. Keep your head up above the water line, geez.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

G - glad you're on the Fetterman wagon with some of the rest of us. It's nice having a politician who is a down-to-earth but also amazing guy. Hope you all don't wash away down there with all that rain and flooding.

Kensho - I agree with G: Italy will be wonderful. Remember my wife and I rode bikes across Italy a few years ago and I did the whole thing without drinking a sip. It was really not hard, even though pretty much everyone in our biking group drank wine every night with dinner. The food was yummy and I focused on that plus just all of the other parts of the ambiance and scenery. You'll love it, and you'll do great. I think [MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION] can chime in from her recent trip there as well.

Lav - yep, time to support Warnock now. We're writing postcards to encourage left-leaning voters to PLEASE DO!

All's well in Wagland. Our workout is now in week 3 and I've lost 6 pounds (about 2.6kg)! Take that menopause!!! I haven't gained a ton of weight but I'll be happy to lose maybe 10-12 lbs more (~5kg). That'll put me in a good place and I cannot wait, but I'm also really just happy to be back in the groove of movement and getting stronger.

Safe nights and days everyone!
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good Sunday evening Nesters,

Still cold so still staying inside & getting my craft work done, yay!!
                      One of my chickens dropped dead this afternoon & I have no idea why. She wasn’t that old, seemed to be well fed, etc. I sometimes think they just have sudden little chicken heart attacks like we do or something of that nature.

Wags, yep, I’ve been donating to Warnock & really hope people in Georgia wake the hell up & pay attention in this run off election. We need intelligent people in our senate, to say the least.
                      Congrats on the weight loss, that’s awesome. Menopause slowly but surely put 15 lbs on me, then when I quit smoking another 15 lbs, ugh. I’ve lost 15 over the past year so only 15 more to go, haha!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav - sorry to hear about your chicken Congrats on your 15 lbs down though! Here's to the next 15 for you and 10-12 for me.

Anyone else want in?

Happy new weeks everyone!
                        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                          One of my chickens dropped dead this afternoon & I have no idea why.

Wags, yep, I’ve been donating to Warnock & really hope people in Georgia wake the hell up & pay attention in this run off election. We need intelligent people in our senate, to say the least.

I'm so sorry about your chicken!

And thank you so much for doing your part about politics. I don’t want to start my new-ish reintroduction to MWO by being bivisive and getting into politics, but the Georgia run-off is sooo important.

Best to you and the rest of the nesters. Xo

Comment

Originally posted by wagmor View Post
                            Lav - sorry to hear about your chicken Congrats on your 15 lbs down though! Here's to the next 15 for you and 10-12 for me.

Anyone else want in?

Happy new weeks everyone!

only if it doesn’t include dieting. lol But yes, between menopause and antidepressants I’ve gained too much weight. And I swear exercise was a key component last time I was contentedly sober.

so what are y’all doing to lose weight?

Comment

Hi, Nesters

I'm doing fine. Just busy and dealing with this autumn's Major Life Events. Glad to be sober for it and grateful for the life I've had for the last almost 10 years.

I will read back soon and hope to find all of you doing well and not tempted by the demon that once ruined our lives. Nothing I've been through over the last few months would have been improved by drinking and undoubtedly would have made everything much worse.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! xx, NS

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                                Hi, Nesters

I'm doing fine. Just busy and dealing with this autumn's Major Life Events. Glad to be sober for it and grateful for the life I've had for the last almost 10 years.

I will read back soon and hope to find all of you doing well and not tempted by the demon that once ruined our lives. Nothing I've been through over the last few months would have been improved by drinking and undoubtedly would have made everything much worse.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! xx, NS
                                NoSugar, great to see you here and that you’ve got almost a decade under your belt. It turns out my sobriety diet of peanut MnMs way back in the day was not the best option, which you gently explained to me. But I don’t listen well.

I haven’t read back to see what’s news with you. But I’ve thought of you often over the years. I hope you’re well, and know that regardless, life is better sober. Xo, Ne

Comment

Working...
                                X