X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

I just posted but it all vanished when I hit "post"! :cuss:

An abridged version:

Hello everyone, been reading back, happy to see people strong in their quits. Special mention to [MENTION=24768]Battle_for_the_sun[/MENTION] on staying the course despite challenges on many fronts - well done!

Keep on it, folks.

Steady
    x
    AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Evening nesters

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

I love DLS but i think its ending this Sunday, more darkness, not a fan, i could live with it 12 months of the year. We have one State in Australia that doesnt have DLS which is a stupid state ha ha.

Carl is getting better each day, he is weight bearing more now so that is good, still very quiet which isnt a bad thing. Bindi gets her desexing tomorrow so another big day and hopefully her diabetes will become more controlled. Thankfully i have enough crates in the house to put all of these dogs.

NS i feel guilty watching tv during the day, feel as if i should be doing something and never feel as if i have done enough during the day. Stupid really as i am sure i do enough.

Lav, send us some rain, it is so dry here atm.

Went and gave blood today so have done my good deed. I bought a slow cooker/pressure cooker and a great investment, cooks a casserole and soup in 30 minutes. My life is complete!

take care xx
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

So we got very little rain but we did get a whole ton of wind, geez. The wind chill feels like single digits, ugh. Today is PI day so I made a cabbage pie to celebrate haha!!

Ava, glad everyone is coming along OK. Give Carl a hug for me
        I love my pressure cooker, quick to cook & simple to clean up afterwards. I’m enjoying the slightly longer days already, tired of the darkness.

Steady, sorry your post went missing, it happens. Good to see you!

Wags, hope your day went well.

Mulburry, I have a small TV in my kitchen just for background noise mostly while I’m cooking. We live in an area where I can’t get good radio stations so the TV helps me feel like there are people around.

Battle, glad your research is going well.
        Sometimes you get better relief when you take the pain meds on a regular schedule instead of waiting until the pain is so severe. I used to encourage my postop patients to take their meds before going to PT &V it usually helped them a lot. I hope you can figure something out for better, more consistent pain relief.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all, another quick in, busy day, my anxiety/ocd has decided my asthma isn't compatible with my pain meds so that's a new challenge, the one thing I can take and now I can't take it. Just keeps getting better.

Day 28 today.
          They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
          AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Wow great to see so many posts here in the nest!

NS - The ability to control my schedule (for the most part) is one of the biggest perks of being self-employed. I will definitely be grateful when the weather is nice in a couple of months that I can work about half-time. I can totally relate to your comment about TV during the day.

Lav - Spring can arrive any time it wants!

Steady - so good to see you

Ava - glad to hear Carl is healing up so well. Hope Bindi's procedure tomorrow goes smoothly and the diabetes becomes less of an issue. Your puppers (and YOU) will probably be so glad when these rough times are behind you all.

Hump day is here again and I hope you all have great ones!
            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Battle, making it to 4 weeks with all you have going is really impressive! You have proved to yourself that you don't need drugs or booze to handle the downs of life. Keep doing what you're doing!!

Lav, the whole country is 10 degrees chillier than normal. I'm ready for spring! The longer days are great but when it stays light past 6, I forget to start dinner. In winter I'd be happy to eat at 5:30 and go to bed at 7!!

Comment

Wednesday greetings Nesters,

We had sun today but it’s still very windy with a wind chill that just makes you want to stay home, haha!

NS, i think we will be better off in the long run having more daylight. Going to bed at 7 pm is for babies & old people LOL

Battle, sorry to hear about the problems tolerating your pain med. can you get back in touch with the doctor & request a replacement? I sure would!
                Hang in there :hug:

Wags, greta being your own boss, don’t you think?

Hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for everyone.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening all,

Another busy day and late night, work in the morning. Better day, went to see some nice animals, befriended a sheep.

Lav - meds aren't the problem its my anxiety xD I can't take anything else because of my other health problems though, I just have to get over it.
                  They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
                  AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Quick sober check-in for me.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll check in here again tomorrow. Take care everyone
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Evening nesters

lovely warm day here, hate to rub that in but..... we do desperately need some rain.

all dogs in separate crates and doing well. Miss Bindi is like she never had the operation but am trying to keep her quiet for the next few days. Carl thinks he now hasnt had an operation and wants to sit on the back of the lounge. I am glad they bounce back so quickly but he has 5 more weeks of his crate.

Tomorrow is my last day of leave, the enthusiasm to go to work on Monday is zero but having time off over easter so that is only a couple of weeks away.

I was talking to a friend with terminal cancer today regarding more work/life balance and she said to take it as you never know what is around the corner. How true is that and wise words indeed. I have 5 months of leave built up, patiently waiting for grandchildren but i think i will start enjoying some time this year to enjoy the flowers.

Time for bed, glad everyone is doing well, Battle take care of yourself, i hope you find some relief soon.

take care xx
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Improving weather here, grateful

Battle, I sure hope you can find some relief soon, one way or the other. Wonderful you are forging ahead anyway, congrats to you!

Wags, it seems you were pretty late checking in last night. Hope today was a good one for you.

Ava, sorry to hear about your friend but she’s definitely right. We can’t know what’s around the corner so we should be living our best lives right now. Use up that vacation time, do something that makes you happy. Glad to hear the dogs are doing so well postop.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

A little after midnight, to sleep soon, by the time I wake up I'll be 30 days AF, one month down
                          Last edited by Battle_for_the_sun; March 16, 2023, 07:21 PM.
                          They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
                          AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Battle - what a great accomplishment to wake up to! Congrats on your consistent and strong efforts.

Lav - it was a good day (today was too!) but settling into my evening late both days. Glad to hear of your better weather - looking forward to a few sunny days here too

Ava - glad your doggos are both doing so well post-surgery. Ah, to be a young pup and heal so quickly! Really sorry to hear about your friend. I agree with what she said though. My mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer at age 70 and died a year later, so hardly had any "golden years" to enjoy retired life after working for decades. It's probably the biggest lesson I learned from her experience and is a huge part of why I'm self-employed now. I work hard but it's almost entirely on my own terms and schedule. I hope you use some of that leave time to do something fun or relaxing or productive - whatever would be most appealing to YOU!

It's Friday, and as the notorious [MENTION=11704]Byrdlady[/MENTION] would say, it's not a ticket to boozeville! Take care everyone
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

The vacation policies in AUS must be amazing, Ava. I agree, you should take it! In the US, only a set amount of vacation time rolls over to the next year if you don't take it. But of course, most Americans STILL don't take all they are offered (myself included). After the shabby treatment I was given in the end, I did have some regrets about that but at the time, felt I couldn't take all the time off because no one did my job when I wasn't there and I hated to be buried when I returned. The other problem here is that many jobs have very little vacation or sick time offered so people essentially work all year. People who are self-employed like Wags are really the only ones who have control over that part of their lives.

Tonight is going down to 16F, Lav, so look out!

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Cloudy & a light shower this afternoon, definitely not a washout. The weekend weather sounds crappy BUT Monday is Spring so I’ll stay focused on that

NS, the ‘use it or lose it’ mentality is an American thing. I remember trying to use my PTO but my requests were rarely approved. I had to settle for the extra paycheck but keep working. I walked aroudn with a broken molar for more than a year because I couldn’t get a dental appt on one of my regular days off, pathetic. That was absolutely one of my reasons for walking away from my career.

Wags, glad you’re managing OK. Save a little time & energy just for you!

Battle, CONGRATS on your 30 AF days :yay:
                                Greta job especially considering all you’re dealing with right now.

Hello to all & Happy St Paddy’s day minus the green beer haha!
                                Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X