Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi. I am new. I am trying to cut back. I am thinking about ordering the book and cd's today. I am very interested in the moder8 if anyone has tried it, please let me know.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm feeling like spring chicken today! I already set my drink tracker for 0 today...I can do it! My eye balls feel so healthy....AMAZING! Thank you Mama....I like the idea of telling myself the all too familiar story and making sure I tell it ALL the way to end through the yucky part.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, 4me! You are sure to like it here!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Piggy - everyone is more than welcome here! Hi also 4me. It is great Piggy when your mojo returns isn't it - tho I have to say in the last few days I am knackered, can't whip myself off the couch, am busy at work so maybe that's all it is.
          4me, the book and cd's seem to really help a lot of people here. Never got them myself - just never got around to it. There are moderation threads here within the site, however the general consensus is, and also I gather the advice in the book, is to give up alcohol for at least 30 days to clear it out of your system, and then if you still want to mod. (and lots of folks when they get to that stage don't want to) you could give it a go then.
          Have a look around the site and maybe browse the mod. threads.
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Classicspringchickengirl! Cross posted - great you feelin so good!
            Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

My eye balls feel so healthy >>

hahaha Classic, I thought the same thing this morning.

Hi, Piglet; day 4 for me, high five atcha. Welcome 4me! I recommend the "What I HATE, LOATH, and JUST CAN'T STAND about drinking" thread as a newcomer; really made me feel like I was in the right place, that I wasn't alone, and that hating myself might not be the best recipe for a long and happy life (that one pops up consistently....). Hang in there!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html
              AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
              "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Talula, 4me, and Piggy!!
                Awesome - 3 new faces and some of you are on your way already! Beside the link that Pride posted, you may also want to have a look at the TOOLBOX thread - some great stuff in there.

4me... it's such a novel thought... 'moderation'. I still struggle with it from time to time and try it again.. only to find that old habits creep up on me again and my consumption increases, regardless of my self imposed rules and restrictions. There is a forum area for those attempting (and some succeeding at) moderation.

:H Classic... not sure I've ever thought of my eyeballs feeling healthy or otherwise...
                Byrdie... congrats! Doesn't it feel great? And isn't it just typical how we fret and worry about excuses, not realizing that WE are obsessed.. the rest of the world really couldn't care less about if or what we are drinking. Did you get to do some fool-watching, too? (Speaking of feeling superior). My first sober schindig was quite educational, really... watching others get wasted and stupid and thinking with a shudder that that was me - only worse, most likely.

Well, peeps... actually need to do some work today which really irks me the wrong way on a Sunday, so I better be off. Hippie, Molly, Nora, MamaB and everyone else... have a fabby Sunday afternoon!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Talulal, 4me and Piglet. This is a good place to start your AF journey. Lots of people here with lots of support and encouraging words. Also available for a kick in the arse!
                  Byrd, When I first stopped drinking, I said that I was doing it to detox too. It actually was true that I hadn't been feeling so hot and a lot of people knew I had been struggling with a virus for about 9 months. So that worked great. Then after about 3 weeks, I just switched to how good I felt physically and how bright I was mentally and so then I decided to keep doing it for a while. Some people said good for me, they admired my commitment. The rest were so concentrated on their own drinking and partying that they didn't notice. One person asked me the morning after a party if I had a hangover. I said no and she said no, she didn't either. Enough said! It gets easier! Keep on keepin on.....
                  prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. Just wanted to pop in before work. Glad I did as the mood here is very uplifting. Lots of positivity which is contagious.

Welcome Piggy, Talula and 4me. So pleased you found us. Please pop in when you need to, alot of love and support here to give and get. 4me, I got the book about two years ago and it took me to January this year to work up the courage to actually do what is recommended. I also took the supps and listened to the CD's and highly recommend both. Not sure if I can say what it was that worked but a combination of all has certainly made my life alot better since. Also this site has been a HUGE help for me. I have met some wonderful people here. No-one judges anyone else as we have all been in a similar place to where you have. So welcome to you all again.

Molly - you sound like you are bursting out of your skin with enthusiasm. It's lovely to hear.

Pride - well done on 4 days. Keep up the good work and it will soon turn into 4 months.

Aclassic - lovely to hear the shift in your mood too. I am so pleased you have stuck around and are giving it a real good go. It does get better. Imagine feeling like that every day.

Byrdy - hi there. Good job.

Sunny - always nice to hear from you. Hope your little bundle of love is doing well.

Hi Prancy - Hope you are OK.

Hi Nora if you are lurking. Thinking of you.

Gotta run - Tell me why I dont like Mondays.....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    I finally got it!
                    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin Hipster, I'm not keen on Mondays either - usually work lates on a Monday so would have a lovely lazy mornin but on earlies this week so headin off shortly yuck!!
                      Hey Nora out there - hope you feelin ok today?
                      Prancy,Classic,4me,Byrdy, Sunni, Piggy, Talula, Pride, Coco, Paps, Tant, and everyone else that I've left out, expect to hear from you all by the time I get back from work y'hear!!!!
                      Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama here...sober weekend...back at work...ugh
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hipster, I think it has something to do with that wank alarm clock

Morning peeps!
                          LATE for work - just rolled outta bed - must dash. Happy sober Monday!!!
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Monday's stink..

Why? Because they inturrupt our weekends! Had a second sober weekend! I can't beleive how much better sober s___ is! Wow! What a wonderful side effect of being sober! Day 13 here. Have a great day everyone! t
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

yay Byrd!!!!!
                              Nora....are you out there?? I am worrying about you
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon all and :thanks: for the welcome.

Just finished work been piddling down with rain all day urgh! Day 11 AF for me and feeling good and yes sober weekends are great, i got so much done!!! if anyone needs something to keep them busy this evening i have a Huuuuuuuuggggeeeeeeee pile of ironing to get through (hate ironing) any takers??? :H:H

Classic i loved the comment about healthy eyeballs, know exactly what you mean!

Have a great day/evening all, catch ya's later.

TB x
                                Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.-John Dewey
                                AF Journey Began 9th July = 33 days Sober!

Comment

Working...
                                X