X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey nestlings!

I trust that everyone is well and warm!
    Still grappling big time with family issues but at least I'm doing it sober. No time - need to get back to work... there may be a lot of expenses coming up. *sigh*

Do keep well, ducklings and look after yourselves!

:l

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm new here but not new - sorta

Hope I don't confuse anyone,

I just found out from 'lilmea' in chat how to manuever my way around in the Nest. I had no idea I could flit on over to 'Last' (and be at the beginning), I thought I had to go thru all 900 threads. Whooueeew . . . . holy chirping birdies thats a relief.

On the other hand, I guess it would keep a body busy reading all those 900+ threads. I'm kind of a slow reader so I guess I'd be awake for a really long long long time.

Prior to finding this MWO forum I was Headed South on the 'fast-flight' to Nowherestown. I kinda new I had a problem, but then on Boxing Day 2008, while having family over, I found myself drinking ~ "In the Morning" then edging off with tea, juice, water and pop, but then drinking ~ "In the Afternoon" (the same day). The worst part is - I was the only person drinking. And for the first time in my life I was hiding the fact I was drinking. Was I Nuts? (Others had a drink or 2 around 7:00pm).

I was trying to tell myself I was depressed abt. some things that went down over the holidays - 'but that's a load of crap'.

Then, spiralling from there on . . . until January 28, 2009, when I found the MWO forum.
      And since then, the changes have been incredible. Reading the emotionally charged and inspirationally supportive threads has been nothing less then phenominal.

I had no idea . . . this problem was so prevelant . . . and that there are so many caring individuals willing to give their time to help others.

Thank you everyone . . .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunshine_gg

Sunshine, there you are, I was just asking lilmea about you.

She said you were in the Nest - Wonderful to see you again.

Be well my feathery friend . . .

Comment

Newbies Nest

lilmea;557058 wrote: Good Morning tweeps

Enitity-Welcome back. Have you read the toolbox thread? It's in the monthly abstinence section. That really helped me when I was starting out. What is your plan? AF or Modding?

I'm having a bad time right now with my back. Haven't slept very well for several nights. Pain pills are out of the question. But I'll do a few stretching exercises and take a hot shower and hopefully that will help some. Well enough whining for today.

Hope everyone has a great day.
          I've read it now, some nice advice and i've certainly already thought through those things alot of time. My plan at first were to moderate my drinking but now it's just about being completely alcohol free. I expect too much from it on big occasions/in everday life really, but i do think i'd just end up having more fun with some Coca cola.
          Sucks about the back, try some camomile tea after the shower, could probably help as well.

This time i'm truly here to stay and frequent more often sunshine_gg, within. It's nice to be back
          Time to sleep, tomorrow is the 4th day and hopefully that one will be alcohol free as well.
          Has anybody here gotten dry skin from drinking as well? I didn't realize my drinking could have been at fault

bouchard1, think about the positives and don't sell yourself short. We're often stronger then we think we are. Keep fighting the good battle

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, just popping in to say a quick 'good morning', am reading but busy. Am thinking of you all. Bx
            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Nestlings, it's time to settle in for the evening. Find a comfy twig. Sleep well. Oh, except for you, Betty! You have a great day!!!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

quick hello...

sooo tired from today's meeting....but hopeful! The chocolate and yogo helped!!!

welcome polar and bouchard..... Glad you are here. Tell us about yourselves and remember this is a safe place so be honest! All the best with your journeys..
                LOST is on.....scoot over on the couch...it is time for me to snuggle up and watch my show.
                nighty night
                a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi sweaty have a good day.

I'm settling in for evening as well. I see a nice comfy twig with ny name on it. Hope all you other peeps have a nice evening too. nite.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Looks like everybody is settling in.....been a pretty busy day in the nest today. Love to see that...as I do all of you my little ones. Sleep tight.
                    PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening!!
                      Dill--Yoga? Bathroom...chocolates under my desk? I may have missed something...I'll take the food anytime...and as far as the bathroom sometimes I go in there just to escape from kids for awhile--lol--our little secret...but on the other hand...I could have said something about yoga...these topa pills sometimes have my mind forgetten all kinds of weird stuff???!!! Stupid stuff, too!!
                      Anyway....Lilmea...I actually got on to tell you....another night AF!!!! TWO in a row...I swear it has to be a record...I'm sure that sounds just absolutely pathetic...as normally I have a beer or glass of wine (or several) with dinner...but anyway...just thought I'd share...so I'm off to bed to listen to my cds....
                      ....I see a pleasant staircase that I'm not afraid to go down....
                      Good night nesters.....I hope everyone had good evenings and looking forward to hearing from everyone in the AM!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
                      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD, OOPS~ I got mixed up! the yoga and chocolates was our friend Within, trying to cope with stress at work! I was on the very pleasant staircase last night, too!

Morning everyone! I didn't buy my laptop yesterday! It'll happen soon, though. Instead I just ate dinner out at Bob Evans. I find it helpful to eat at restaurants that don't serve alc. Does anyone else here do that?

Coffee and donuts are ready! Have a great day, nesters.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning birdies,

Renewal-thanks for tucking us in last night. You are such a thoughful Papa Bird.

Polar-welcome :welcome: Did you find the drink tracker yet?

Enity-welcome back. It started getting easier for me physically after the 4th day. Stay Strong!

SD-Congrats on 2 days! Just hang in there. You can do this and it does get better. If I sound like a cheerleader that's ok. It was the people here cheering me on that got me through that first week! LOL!

Dill-Thanks for the coffee and donuts. I use to only go to restaurants that did serve AL. I've really had to change a lot of my old habits. I don't go down the isle in the grocery store where all the liquor is. I drive a different way to my bank so I don't pass the liquor store. I don't go to the bowling alley (that one was easy. I never went bowling anyway! LOL) But seriously-changing old habits and old thinking, for me, that's the only way I can stay AF.

to all the peepers to follow-have a great day.
                          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Omg, is it really Thursday already?

Good Morning Nestlings!

I hope you are all well and have ascended from your various staircases...

Well, my boy is safe for now and I guess I'll be taking the 9 hour drive to go get him this weekend. Ugggh. He and Mr. W. had a long talk last night and laid out some ground rules for the upcoming new living arrangements. As horribly unsettling as all this was/is, this may be (Oh God, I hope so!) a turn around point for my son. I still have the unpleasant chore of talking to my friend who rents my place and looks after my horse ahead of me today. I'll also try to make arrangements for a 'rescue' operation for my mare, should the need arise - meaning if I don't feel comfortable with how things go today. What a mess. Wish me luck.

There always is a silver lining, though, right? I've lost 5lbs over the last 5 days or so :H Of course, the BIG positive is that I am still AF, even through major stress. To be honest, it wasn't even a question. I couldn't imagine dealing with this in a stupor.

Well, and with this I should be off and trying to make some money. I wish you all a wonderful AF day - SD... AWESOME... so happy to hear you made it 2 nights in a row. I know the feeling of how pathetic that sounds... but it really isn't. We all started out that way, you know?

:l

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters/Good Evening (Sweaty)!!
                              Dill--I will take that Donut and my Diet Pepsi in bed this morning as school was called off today...it's a big 'ol blizzard here today...is anyone noting the happiness in my fingers as I type
                              SIDE NOTE---I really do LOVE LOVE LOVE my job...it's just been overwhelming lately!!!
                              A big welcome and welcome back to Polar and Entity!!
                              Lilmea--My overall goal is to still go with modding...but I'm really trying to focus on the Sunday through Thursday going AF...and I thought if I did it through"Lent" teasing myself into thinking...it's only 40 days...I could do it easier...then I can later 'talk myself" into another goal after that...does that sound absolutely crazy???? I don't know right now if my ultimate goal is AF totally....maybe, don't know if I'd be totally unhappy with that SOMEDAY...but I'm the type of person that has to come up with it on my own...and I kinda have to take baby steps with myself to get there...does any of this make any sense...it's like I have to test the water to see if it 'really feels safe or just as good' on the 'other side'. Holy crap!!!!!!!! Is this my SOBER MIND talking?!?!?!?! :H
                              Sunshine--despite everything you are going through you sound so good, positive and optimistic right now!!!! That's wonderful!!! I think I can speak for everyone when I say you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!!! Take care of you and your family!! :l
                              AND a good morning to all those who follow!!!
                              "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                              7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Aaaah, nice to see the nest abuzz so early in the day. I'll be outta the nest for a bit as I visit the dentist to get a crown....not much fun.....but hey, that's one way to miss a couple meals.......hope the day is a great one for you all.
                                P Renewal

Comment

Working...
                                X