Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Neva Eva and welcome, yep ODAT is the way to go! Nice to see you here as well Prancy haven't seen you for a while and you sound like a hive of activity.
    Way to go Hipster with the young fella! Isn't it great when they are goin right for a while. Paps, my 'little darlin' had a little stash of cig papers and loose tobacco - no smell and he says he smoked it out on the green - little gurrier!! Ha Sunni - yeah, one of my older ones used to grow it under special lights in his wardrobe!! Only discovered him when my electricity bill doubled one month and I investigated!! He's now a fully functional 27 year old, so I can only hope!!
    How ya doing now Nora - didn't know about not taking the ADs, will be more careful in future.
    Anyway, good night to you all, hi Mama and all others
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Eva. :welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

mollyka;920178 wrote: Paps, my 'little darlin' had a little stash of cig papers and loose tobacco - no smell and he says he smoked it out on the green - little gurrier!! Ha Sunni - yeah, one of my older ones used to grow it under special lights in his wardrobe!! Only discovered him when my electricity bill doubled one month and I investigated!! He's now a fully functional 27 year old, so I can only hope!!
        I swear...after reading all the stories that you parents have to tell, I honestly don't think I'd have the strength to raise kids! I wonder how my mom did it! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;920009 wrote: Hi eva...where are you on the east coast?? I'm in Jacksonville Florida
          get the book, get the supplements and the cd's if you can afford them.
          I tried Topamax and hated it, and I started baclofen a few weeks ago. There is a thread here about all the medications.....
          alot of folks beat the beast with meds...almost all of us use supplements...but mostly we lean on each other to get us through tough times, cravings, bad days, stupid husbands, etc....
          How's it going with the bac, Mama? I've been curious.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fennel, headin to bed tho so, night Fennel
            Molly x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Finally some activity in the nest. Oh - I've really been working but I mean, uhh. :H:H
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nestlings!

Phew.. HOT and HUMID day today! Wowzers! :H Both Atlas and I were utterly SOAKED by the end of our lesson! Our evil coach made us JUMP! :egad:

Then a mad rush home, shower, tidy up, prepare dinner, had guests and a lovely evening - enjoying my water/lemon splash while everyone else was cutting into the 'Fat Bastard' :H No problem.

Will not be around tomorrow (mammogram *uggh and other stuff) but wishing you all a fabulous AF Tuesday!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love the pic Sunni. You look great. Congrats on a successful night.
                  Hey - isn't your surgery pretty soon?????
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick 'Hi and Bye' off to work in a min, will check in later
                    Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.

Welcome Neva Eva. Well done on tossing out all the wine. That is a big step in itself. I bet it felt good to finally have some control over alcohol rather than the other way round. Taking one day at a time is the only way you can do it. Sometimes i even take one hour at a time, one minute if necessary. It does sound tedious but focusing on one minute and getting thru that one minute is easier than trying to put too much in the picture. Good luck and please visit us when you need to. We're all in this together.

Prancy - you sound fantastic. Really taking hold of your sobriety and turning your life around. Well done.

Nora - sounded like it was a good thing to share about the withdrawal effects of Anti-depressants as quite a few people here didnt realise that would happen if you stopped taking them. I only found out about that horrible withdrawal the first time I started taking them because I had run out and didnt want to buy any more. So I just stopped cold turkey. But you have to actually wean yourself off them over a period of a couple of weeks or you do go thru the most awful sensations. I had this strange ringing in my head and if I turned around quickly I would get very dizzy and pass out. I just felt horrible.

I went to my sons award presentation today. He got an award for excellence in Metal Technology (metal work). So it was a good visit to the school and I am very proud of him. We need to look into what sort of job he could do in that field as he is obviously very talented in that area.

Had a funny few minutes today. Was going to sit down and read my book in the sun for a bit, but then the thought crossed my mind..... why dont you just get pissed instead? Dont know where that came from. It wasnt the thought of having a drink, it was rather the thought of altering my mind, numbing it for abit. Luckily the thought was only fleeting and went as quickly as it came. But even after this long I still have to be aware.

Catchya later.

Hipster
                      I finally got it!
                      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, all...
                        Sunni, wow! What a beautiful horse- sounds like the two of you got a real work-out! Good luck with the mammo...I'll be thinking of you.

Neva Eva, a movie night sounds like a great idea. It's important to find other activities to fill in the time usually spent drinking.

Hippy, congrats on your son's award! Sounds like his talents will open a lot of doors for him in the future. Is that a wombat in your avatar? :H

Hey to Molly and Nora...

I have plenty of diet coke and coffee here this morning...also, tea.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters!!! I love this nest.

Fennel - Are there any veggie burritos on Dos Gatos today?

Hippy - Congratulations! What a great thing for your son. :goodjob:

Eva - Enjoy the movie. Sounds like fun.

Molly - Hope your headache is better. Thinking of you.

To all the other nesters - hello & I will be back. Is that a threat?!?!?!?!? :H:H
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nora, I have the roasted poblano and tofu breakfast burrito this morning...and plenty of cold diet cokes!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nestlings, I am leaving on vacation on Thursday...but not to worry! I'm leaving a set of "Dos Gatos" truck keys in the nest. I hope that Coco or Nora can help with food prep- perhaps Sunni can provide road-kill, er, "protein sources" for the daily specials.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Gang...
                                do you get to go somewhere cool Fennel?
                                The Bac seems to be helping with cravings. I have NO side effects other than drowsiness...I can live with that. You may want to try it. I have not hit the so called "switch" yet, but I am upping my dose every few days. Up to 60 mg right now. Still drink on occasion, but not as much.
                                Sunni - great photo!!
                                How you doin Nora? I worry about you cause I know how down you have been. I know how that feels and it sucks....
                                Hey Hippy...great for ignoring those urges...they just sneak up on us don't they.
                                Hang in there Eva
                                Hi Molly...your happy face always makes me smile
                                hi Pap and all who follow
                                gotta get back to work
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X