Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

no.....i just have always been a good sleeper...just ask my husband...but i do take klonopin for anxiety as needed...but now that you mention it, bac is supossed to be calming too.....it does make you drowsy....may be you should try it???
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Helloooo Nestlings (insert regal wave)!

Still rushing and being genuinely unorganized, here. Don't think I'll have time to log in again later... wishing you all a wonderful week - sleep well, eat well, love well, and drink lots of water!

Will miss you all! :l
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bye Sunni. An have a Brillo hol, we will miss you
        Molly xx
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! Just popping in quickly to say hello and see how everyone is doing.
          Hi Coco, nice to meet you Fair play Hippie, that is a huge step :l Mazzie - have you any plans for your week off or is it a 'chill out and be nice to yourself' kind of week? Either way, sounds good! Molly - sounds good - you could put the bike in front of the tv! However as I have no husband, I think I will get a road bike - might meet some cute guy in shorts out cycling some day :H :H I was at the petrol (gas) station today and bumped into a REALLY cute guy - i was thinking "hmmm, must hang around here more often" Hi Nora, Mayday, Paps, Sunni and everyone else - hope ye are having a good day

Feeling quite blah today, very off. I think part of it is that when I started the 18 month postgrad I was in such a very different place in my life, everything was much darker and my whole outlook was so narrow. The only thing I used to plan for the weekends was AL. Now, at the end of the course everything has changed so much (for the better) and i really, really just want to get on with things. I think finishing the course has me going back over mistakes from the past and regrets i have - i am hoping as a final goodbye to an old, negative way of life. But it has made me feel a bit low these past few days... Not long left now though, thankfully!
          There, moan over Sorry for such a long post.
          AF since 13th July 2010
          NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick 'morning all' before heading off to put in another day at the office! Last day today though for a week.

Neart I realised that I have mostly planned work stuff for me to do next week so now am changing my thinking to schedule in more than a few junkets just for me as well. Youngest daughter coming home for the weekend and she is looking forward to doing a few girlie things with me. Can't wait. Luv her to bits. However I do need and want to sort my house and especially our home office and my own little room I have now kids have moved out. I think this will help me to feel better about myself as well. Can so relate to the blues about previous incidents!!! I'm finding that really hard to deal with now I don't numb out with al. If i can't sort it out myself I think I will take the plunge like Nora and Hip and others and find someone to help me through some stuff.

Coco I love your penguin. So cute. I always look out for you posting.
            Suns, have a good hol. What happens to your horses while your gone.

Molly, Hip Mama, Paps and everyone else who drops by today - have a great day and enjoy being you
            Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey folks, just a quick Hi and goodnight, hubs is out drinking with his mad raving alkie brother and lushy sister and I dread the way he's goin to come in so want to make sure I'm asleep before he starts annoying me!! Love him to bits but don't feel like someone farting and snoring and talking shite, so nite nite all, see you tomorrow
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, sleep well Molly, hope you fall into the deepest loveliest sleep and can stay there till the morning :l Perhaps earplugs and a peg for your nose might help
                AF since 13th July 2010
                NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

another day

I am feeling pretty good, a lot better then a few days ago. Water and more water is what I am doing. When people say one day at a time they are not kidding. I recieved a letter from my attorney saying my ex husbands boyfriend partner what ever is making things up about my younger son and I. Normally my first thing would be to drink, but I did'nt !!!!Thanks for your support.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, nasty... Fair play to you for coping and handling that - you are doing brilliantly! :goodjob: It really is one day at a time, isn't it? And in tougher situations, I take it one moment at a time - I say to myself - right this very second, I am not going to drink. Then I extend to "right this minute I am not going to drink" and so on, until I'm able to handle things like hours and days
                    AF since 13th July 2010
                    NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Shaking Things Up

Hi Everyone!!
                      HardRoad-well done!! You are going through such a hard time right now but you will find that you can handle whatever is thrown at you as long as you're sober. AL won't help anything-it will just keep you stagnant and not moving forward. We have a new member at MWO who's screen name is Holding Pattern. Perfect isn't it?
                      Neart- :goodjob:-you're doing great! Keep up the good work!
                      Mazzie-so nice your daughter is looking forward to doing things with you!!

One of the things that was posted tonite on her thread by Skinned Knees is that in order to be successful on this journey we have to do things differently, otherwise we will fall right back into the same pattern. My pattern was to come home from work, let the dogs out and if it were summer, grab a BIG glass of wine, some chips and dip and sit out on the deck reading and enjoying the wonderful weather. What has changed for me now? Now I grab a glass of lemonade instead of wine, no need for chips/dip as I eat a yogurt before leaving work, and I sit down on the lawn on my chaise instead of up on the deck. I turn on the hose for DD (devil dog) and laugh as I watch him chase the spray. Small changes for sure but they work for me.
                      Tonite I decided to shake things up a bit and I actually made a casserole from my homegrown squash before I let the dogs out!! Once it was in the oven, THEN I grabbed the lemonade and my mag and out we went for 45 minutes.
                      When I came in, I had half my dinner ready and I was nice and relaxed.
                      Have a great nite/day everyone!
                      :l
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Hi to all - Molly, Mazzie, Neart, Pap, Nora - where's you at?!! - Sunni, Mama, Hippy - OMG there are so many friends to name (that's my why of not having to admit my memory is going!)

Pap - I do that too - used to arrive home from work feeling all knackered and the very FIRST order of business was pouring the (not modest sized) glass of Chard. Now I pour the (not modest sized) glass of lemonade & soda and that helps get me through preparing dinner.
                        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all,
                          Hope you've all slept well/ or had a great day...
                          Papmom..so true about needing to do things differently to get a different result!
                          There are so many good little tidbits here, forgive me that I dont mention everyone, as I find I get to the posting part and then forget who I was going to reply to!! oh my the memory is not what it used to be
                          Day 6 for me... such small things can make us happy
                          30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all! it's 8pm here in Ireland and am already edging towards the bed I was at a neurologist today for a referral (marks on an mri of my brain), and I got the all clear, so I am really relieved. I was afraid that he was going to tell me that i had done some damage through AL or something, and I think that fear has been buried in my mind, worrying me for the past 2 yrs since the original scan, so I am feeling a little drained. But it's all good - onwards and upwards!
                            Mayday, Coco, Pap - you are all so right - it's like if you want a different result, you have to change your actions - I saw today that a good job has come up in a place I used to work, but I'm not going for it - i would just get sucked back in to the lifestyle in that city of drinking and staying up till all hours, and even if I didn't, I would be constantly trying to avoid it and resist it. just not worth it!
                            I hope you're all having a good day Congrats, mayday on Day 6 :goodjob:
                            AF since 13th July 2010
                            NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone.....sorry I haven't been around much. Been so busy. The kids are leaving on the 18th to go back home. We are going to miss them but they are homesick and I know that Mommy & Daddy are really missing them. We have some fun events planned until the leave though. Tonight I'm getting my hair colored (so that I don't have white hair anymore :H) and I'm taking my 10 year old niece with me. She wants to get some highlights. Mommy said ok so we'll see how it goes.
                              I've been looking at some online classes. I think I found a couple to sign up for. They start the day the kids leave. That should keep me busy.

I hope that everyone is doing well.

Excellent news Neart on your MRI. Great job on 6 days Mayday.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters
                                First day of hols and doing housework - is good for me!!!!

I have just been doing a bit of reading on MWO and there is such good stuff here. I'm so thankful to have found this site. I have just been sitting here thinking about how, only a few mnths ago, I would have been feeling a bit panicky about my daughter coming home for the weekend. We get on really well and enjoy each other's company. The panic would have been about how I was going to still be able to get my drinks in. Instead of totally looking forward to having her here part of me would have been that bit resentful that my drinking time was going to be harder to manage. Sooooo pathetic!

Now I am excited about the weekend and planning stuff for us to do and places to go. Its such a different life!!!

Neart I can feel your relief. So happy for you.

Oh gotta go guys. Talk again soon. Lots of encouragement sent your way.
                                Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Working...
                                X