Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I want to be totally AF. My life would improve so much. Is it really possible?
    Yep. You betcha. And welcome

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello and Welcome Avon
      It certainly is possible!!! Keep filling up your Toolbox and reading and posting and you will be well on your way. We are here for you.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome:Welcome Mario and Avon! Good to have you joining us. You have definitely come to the right place.

Hey, Sea, when did you say you are going to FL? I'm going April 2nd but only for 4 days. We'll be in the pan handle area and I will not have much extra time, so I probably can't do a meet up with MWO folks. Thanks for asking! I will be visiting my son, daughter-in-law and 3 year old grandson. I want to spend every minute with them! Also, my daughter and son-in-law from New Orleans will be joining us. It will be a very busy and fun visit.

Hey Sunny! Glad your worked things out with your friend and that your mare is well taken care of! Have a safe trip to pick up your son!

SD, thanks for the feedback on the Topa!

I'm looking for a comfy twig for the night.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mario :welcome:

Avon :welcome:

As Dill said you've come to the right place. A lot of support here.

Sea,SS,Dill,SD-I so you've all setted in for the night. I'm going to grab me a comfy twig and do the same.

PR-We've left a light on for you.
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

G'd Night Nesters!!

Yep...I suppose it's that time again....to head for bed...took my son over to see his dad (about 90 miles away).....then wasn't sure what I was going to do....got back about 7:00ish.....went and hung out at my parents...lots of beer and wine...everyone was drinking (except step-dad which was odd)...sister and her hubby were there.......drinking......it was Friday, part of my Lent goal was I COULD drink on the weekend if I wanted.................but...........I didn't want to.........................DAY 4!!!
            :welcome: to the two new nesters......can't wait to talk to you 'ol nesters in the morning!!!!!
            Papa R....your shift about done????? :yay:
            Good Night!!
            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
            7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lilmea
              I have not settled in just yet; been kind of an emotionally draining night. I may have mentioned my friend that I pick up for AA meetings. Well, she was very jaundiced (yellow skin and whites of her eyes) when I picked her up tonight. She told me that she has Cirrhosis of the Liver. Damn!! She is 7 years younger than me. Also, another one of my friends who has been sober almost 5 months, was supposed to call me today and meet me tonight at the meeting. He did neither and will not pick up his phone. He just got laid off and I was supposed to help him with his resume. Also, there was a woman at the meeting who got up and got a 24 hour chip and the poor thing was drunk out of her skull. Some other women at the meeting drove her home. I guess I really needed all of this tonight, because I was having bad cravings. God was smacking the crap out of me tonight and I am grateful and still AF. I am going to FL on April 1, staying until the 8th. I will be staying in Sarasota, but folks are scattered all over the state, so I have no clue yet where we will meet. Rest well Renewal. Hope to see you soon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all
                i posted on the army thread a few weeks ago and said i would moderate and come lent go af. i didnt posted at all since because i felt such a fraud, i did'nt even tried to moderate let alone going af.
                lent has come and i did two days of moderating, instead of two bottles of wine a day i only had two very small glasses of beer, but today i blew it all and had a drinking session with hubby who was to suppose to do the same thing, we did'nt end up pissed drunk and actually had a great night together, wich does'nt happen to often cause he's a taxidriver and works most nights.
                but he came home tonight at 12 and said do you mind if i go for one and i said no of course not, i was still drinking juice and he came home an hour later with a neggan and i drank most of it and we did have a lovely night but i feel it s sa set back so if i can have a comfortable twig for tonight i'd be happy
                life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello my little ones....ya know I gotta say this......thank you. No, really....thank you. After a looong day, and having another looong day in a few hours, it means so much to come home and see your wonderful posts and support. I know I'm not around as much as perhaps I should, but I do REALLY try and make a point to start and end your day with comfort here in the nest. Tonight I really just felt yours....and do appreciate it.
                  Goodnight cherubs......
                  Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, and good morning again! Sorry I was sound asleep when you popped in last night, PR. We have such different schedules! It's a comfort to know you will be popping in even if it is after I am already asleep and that I will see your post when I wake up. Yes, the nest is a wonderful, comforting place.

Lil, I know you're going to be chirping soon! How are you? Back feeling better, I hope?

Sea, Ohmygod what a night you had! I sensed your spirit of gratefulness in your post. Keep on keeping on!

SD, That's wonderful on day 4! Are the side effects of the topa (word finding) less noticeable? How much are you taking?

dragonfly, You're making progress, that's what counts. There's a lot of Lent left, you can recommit if you want to.

Have a good Saturday, all!
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning dill and all to follow
                      Glad u made it back to the nest after your long shift PR. We do miss you.
                      I am so grateful to be waking up sober and hangover free
                      I am going to increase my dose of LGlut today.
                      I am going to the Seacoast to see my Sister and go to her hairdresser with her to see if they can do anything with this hair before my interview on Monday. I am so afraid to cut it though. It is very long. My Sis always tries to talk me into cutting it all off. I hope everyone has a Great Saturday. Hopefully, I can get to a meeting. My sponsor will be pissed off if I don't.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Birdies,

Sea-What an evening you had! There are days when those Godsmacks can truly leave you bruised and it sounds like you had one. But I am grateful for them because they do seem to come when I need them the most. But you didn't drink and your trip to Fl sounds exciting. Stay strong. :l:

SD-Congrats on day 4! For me those first 4 days were the hardest as far a withdrawal. good job.

Dragonfly-:welcome: There are a lot of supportive people here. Have you checked out the toolbox thread in Monthly Abstainers yet? It has a lot of good information.

PR-We chirpers appreciate you! Now get lots of rest and hope your night at work isn't too eventful.

Dill & Sunnibut-I know you'll be up soon so have a good day and the same for anyone I may have (unintentionally) forgotten.
                        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

cross post Dill and Sea LOL!
                          AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All, established nesters, 'The King of the Nest' and Newbies. Just checking in before my bedtime. Had a great family day out, really tired now so having an early AF night. B.x
                            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!!
                              Quick Post...I'm having a Girl's Day with Mom and Sis...Bra shopping at the Mall, lunch and Target!!! HEY...it's South Dakota!!! :H
                              Dragon--I agree--it's Lent..you can always...re...re......re...affirm???? dang...topa....commit??? to your goals!! :H
                              PR--Rest up!! We'll ALWAYS be here when you get back!!! :l
                              Dill, Sea (see ODAT post) LIL, Sunny, Sweaty...hope I didn't miss anyone...I'm sure I did....sorry......all the rest ov-ya--(taken from Sunny's glad the week's 'ova') :H Have a wonderful Saturday!!!!
                              "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                              7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all I am new to this site and a little backward in coming forward. Thank you for posting all of your thoughts and advice, I have been reading for hours. I will post my story as soon as I pluck up the courage.
                                Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                                X