Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Okay all my fine feathered friends,

Sea-I won't tell Papa R about your Patriots blankie!

I'm a little tuckered myself. Going to get into my jammies and head for my favorite twig.

I hope everyone had a good day and makes back to the nest safe and sound.

Papa R- Hope you had an uneventful night. We've left the light on for you.

Night peepers
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Im in for the night. Have the kids and putting them to bed. 3rd day AF. Looking forward to the snow day tomorrow. Went to a great meeting today. I go to an 11th step breakfast meeting every sunday. It is a great way to start the week. Anyway everyone have a great week.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Good evening little ones.....Sea, I've got a Charger blanket to offset that Patriot thing....Lilmea, really appreciate you leaving the light on....Sundays are always my 'recover' day after my Fri-Sat gig....after church, I just 'hang with G', do laundry, get caught up on a few things, and 'chill'....even had a short nap....I don't 'nap'....but sometimes the body tells you what it needs to do. Let's all have a wonderful week in the nest! Comin around to tuck you in now....goodnight my cherubs.
        Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wake up friends! Time for a new day! Well, PR, you may sleep in if you wish. Do you have to work today? Do you get extra time to rest after those killer shifts? I hope so. What's with the Charger blanket? I thought you were a Cardinal fan. Or, do you like me, have a primary team and a couple of second favorites? I'm a Browns fan, but I also like the Colts, Packers, and Titans.

Sea, I hope you check in this morning. I have been watching that storm and it seems as if the east coast states have been hit pretty hard. You have your interview today. Will the roads be passible? I'll be thinking about you.

Cacky, That's great on day 3! If your kids have a snow day, what do you do? Do you miss work?

Lil, I flew into the nest last night to say goodnight and find my twig, but when I checked , my post had disappeared! It must have gotten lost on its way somehow. Anyway I know you'll be a long soon, so I want to wish you a good day and tell you today we're having coffee, donuts scrambled eggs and fresh fruit...trying to eat a little healthier today....too many ding dongs yesterday at witching hour!

Sunny, what's up? How was the trip?

Well, March lived up to the saying. "March comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb." It's 11 F here, and last night was SO windy! And there's the terrible storm out east. Well, let's HOPE in goes out like a lamb!

Have a great day, all!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning peepets,

Papa R-Always feel so warm and toasty after you have tucked us in. Was that G perched on your shoulder? Get some rest P.

Dill-Hmmmm! the eggs and fruit were great. Thanks. Yes I try to get junk food with 2 names, ding dongs, ho ho-that way the weight is evenly distributed to both hips! :H

Crack-congrats on day 3. Will you be staying home today with the kiddies? How nice really.

Sea-I'll be thinking about you today. Hope the roads aren't to bad and the interview goes well. Good Luck. I'll leave the light on here at the nest all day for you.

SS-I hope your weekend went well and now things will settle down for you for awhile.

To all the rest of the newbies to come-Have a great day.
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings all. Day 2 AF. Nice not to have a hangover. I had actually gotten to the point where I was only binging once a week--these first days I actually remember pretty clearly why I don't want to drink any more. Around day 5 it will get bad. There was a really useful post yesterday on one of the threads about "surfing" the urge, which I found exceptionally interesting and I think it will be a great help this coming weekend. (Surfing sounds a lot more fun than white knuckling, hmm?)
              I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Now, that THAT'S over with....

Morning ducklings!

Phew... 18 hours driving in the last 2 days. But... we made it and the kid is here and yadayadayada. Not entirely happy with how things went at the house but I'm putting it behind us. It's done... move on. I'll have a bunch of stuff to do today in regards to registering my son in school and whatnot... of course catch up on work that didn't get done last week, etc.

But, and most importantly, I'm AF.

Welcome to all the new arrivals (sounds like I'm introducing the spring collection at Sears, doesn't it?) - so glad you found us and now want to find your way out.

Dillie, Sea, and Lilmea.... you sound good! PR... I'm afraid to ask how your shift went. LUCKILY you've got 'G' to properly receive you.

Well, folks have a good ... ugghhh.. Monday... I'll try to pop in laters. Need to ask who's doing the CDs, too. I keep falling asleep. :huh:

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm new here and recently quit so I'm looking foreward meeting everyone and the tools of the site.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Maggiedog, welcome back Sunshine! Sorry I haven't got time to namecheck everyone else.

Bx
                    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Maggie and Welcome back Sunni. You were missed. :goodjob: Sarah.
                      Things are really bad here in the Northeast. I called the company that I am supposed to interview with and got a voicemail. I am not sure whether I should venture out or not. We have 9" of new snow so far. Ugh...I hope they call me back soon, or I'll have to get going.
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone
                        just checking in..had a good day yesterday no hard stuff,just wine.Had to go grocery shopping but avoided the booze lane like the plague!!I am not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me but I feel a little better by just cutting out the liquer??I am working on a plan to taper the wine.

Sea..I really feel for you weather wise, we have been continually hammered with the white stuff all winter. Take care and be safe.
                        Blessings to you all xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello my little ones....and WELCOME to all you newcomers.....I know you don't know me yet, but I'm your new adopted papa....I'm the one over there in the nest in the green robe...fashionable, I know. Anyhow, wonderful to have you join our family. Feel free to tell us more about yourselves. To the rest of you, finish your chores, then you can go out and play. Have a wonderful day all.
                          PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

:nutso:

I promise I haven't forgot about you guys...been crazy around here and my computer at home is fighting with me....:H
                            I'll check in when I can!! Hello to all newbies....miss all you olbies....Dill, Sea, Lil, Sweaty, Sunny, PR, Within, Polar...everyone else......gotta run....Mondays are always fun at schools...plus its Hat Day---Dr. Suess Day!!!
                            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                            7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just finished shoveling for over an hour. Does that constitute finishing my chores Papa. My interview was rescheduled for Thursday. Thank God. My lovely daughter waited until just now to tell me that the milk had gone bad. I will get to the store at some point. If I don't go to a meeting this evening, my sponsor will kill me.
                              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK, what's the difference between a member and a senior member?
                                I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

Working...
                                X