Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Fluff - How you doing? Glad you started Friday going in the nest. :l Good job.

Hi Hardroad - Must be hard on you being at the hospital like that.

Hi Dewdrop - Good to see you.

Ok - I must take off but wanted to wish you all well. Have a fabulous weekend all. :h
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Weekend everyone!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

It's 100? here today. Now would be a good time to have air conditioning I think. I should go into work so that I can be in air conditioning. I just might do that.

How is everyone doing???
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

First time here....

They say just jump in.... so here I go. Found this site while googling alcohol consumption and inability to control emotions. I like the name MWO. On another thread ill post my story but im here looking for advice and a place to share. Not sure if i have a "drinking problem" but I know when I drink too much I have difficulty controlling my emotions. So to me if thats the case I better take a long look at my habits and face this head on before I ruin a relationship I want more than anything.... although it may already be too late.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Soul - Glad to meet you! :welcome:Yes - you've come to the right place. It's a little slow on the weekends sometimes. There are a lot of wonderful people here and a lot of good resources. So be sure to look around and just jump right in. Read & post and read & post.
          You can download the MWO book and there are many different threads to check out.
          Looking forward to getting to know you.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome soulsearcher and everyone else who has joined in the last few days, been so busy I've barely had time to breathe never mind check ion here.... You are in the right place, take time to read and post and you'll meet the most wonderul supportive people here.
            AF since 31/08/2010... every day the AF total gets bigger...

So do you drink Lee? .... Actually no I don't Jeff........

Comment

Newbies Nest

Anyway part way through Mr D's B'day weekend and I'm doing great, far better than I dreamed I would manage...

Went out to buy him his presents this afternoon, I decided to buy the usual wine and vodka we have as a present for him and that way I wouldn't be able to help myself to it..

Anyway driving to the store I kept telling myself if you do drink this weekend it won't be the end of the world, you are not going to self combust or anything. I got to the store picked up his wine and vodka and a bottle of red for him tonight and looked at the champagne for us to share.... couldn't pick up a bottle of it at all and bought myself a bottle of diet coke instead..

I just looked at the bottle and thought I really don't want that you know.....even though I was having a crappy argument filled day toniht at the restuarant it was diet coke again.. I hope I can get through tomorrow as easily
              AF since 31/08/2010... every day the AF total gets bigger...

So do you drink Lee? .... Actually no I don't Jeff........

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Design for Life!!! :goodjob:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcome

Im not sure where to go. Im looking for advice on drinking and controlling your emotions. Usually not a big drinker, always 2 glasses of wine at night and when out with my fiance sometimes more. Even just a couple glasses i have difficulty controlling my emotions with my insecurities. Friday night we out and drank much more than usual and had first violent episode that i barely remember. Looking where to share my story and get advice....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Posted a new thread under "Just starting out" that shares why I'm here. Hope that was ok....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Soulsearcher;967815 wrote: Posted a new thread under "Just starting out" that shares why I'm here. Hope that was ok....
                      That's the way to do it! :l
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Soulsearcher :welcome:

Check out the Toolbox thread on Monthly Abstinance and just read as much as you can, there is a wealth of advice within this site.

You are doing the right thing if you have had a violent episode - need to deal with those emotions. Take care and try and get 30 days Af under your belt to clear your body and your head initially then take it from there.

Dewdrop :h
                        Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters.

Welcome Soulsearcher. I think if you went onto the internet to research alcohol consumptions and it's effects, then you feel yourself you may have a problem. Only you can answer that one. But by coming here I think you know the answer. Anyway, you have come to the right place. We all are here for the same reason so there is no need to feel anything but welcome. Ask anything, someone will come up with an answer or comment. There is no judgement here - we have all been to the same place and are all looking for help and support.

Well done Design on not buying that bottle. It takes a huge amount of effort sometimes not to pick up but you did it. Savour even the small achievements.

Hi Nora - hope it is abit cooler for you. We have only just started getting some warmer weather after having a really cold and dry winter. Is it a bit early for you to have such heat or are you heading towards winter? I get confused where everyone is in the world and not sure whether you are in the northern or southern hemisphere. Maybe I should get a map and have a look!

Hope everyone survived the weekend.

Take care and stay strong.
                          Hip
                          I finally got it!
                          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

New to this site but not to sobriety

Hi everyone. My struggle with alcohol has been ongoing since I was 14. I have two occasions where I have been sober for 2 years and 2 and a half years. I did this through A.A. I have been drinking again for about 3 years and it has started to get out of control for me again. Iwill binge for up to 3 days at a time and the toll it is taking on my body and mind has become really apparent. I don't want to go the A.A way again because of the socializing and pressure that I felt there. So I am hoping this is another chance for me. My doctor started me on topamax today and I am taking a detox and various supplements. Any advice you could give me would be much aprreciated. I have that hopeless feeling that I am sure so many of us have felt at one time or another and am feeling confused and dioriented. Please help! :upset:

Comment

Newbies Nest

New to this site but not to sobriety

Gallery: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Hi everyone. My struggle with alcohol has been ongoing since I was 14. I have two occasions where I have been sober for 2 years and 2 and a half years. I did this through A.A. I have been drinking again for about 3 years and it has started to get out of control for me again. Iwill binge for up to 3 days at a time and the toll it is taking on my body and mind has become really apparent. I don't want to go the A.A way again because of the socializing and pressure that I felt there. So I am hoping this is another chance for me. My doctor started me on topamax today and I am taking a detox and various supplements. Any advice you could give me would be much aprreciated. I have that hopeless feeling that I am sure so many of us have felt at one time or another and am feeling confused and dioriented. Please help!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Metalmel. Welcome. Sorry no-one acknowledged your post earlier. It is a bit quiet in the nest lately. If you have a struggle with alcohol, you have come to the right place. We are at all different stages of getting and staying sober and quite a few of us go to AA (although I dont). Have you explored the site and read the book yet? It is full of helpful information that can certainly start you on your way to a sober life. I know too well how hard it is to make that decision to get sober and then stick to that decision. But it can be done with a bit of hard work. It is worth getting the supplements suggested to help with a detox and start to heal your body.
                                Tell us abit about yourself and post when you need to. Hopefully someone else will pop into the nest soon.
                                Take care
                                Hippy
                                I finally got it!
                                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Working...
                                X