Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Irish! Sometimes it's quiet on the weekends. How are you doing?
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning chicklings!!!!!

And welcome AussieGuy! Glad you found us!

Betty my sweet, I'm bringing in some BIG BIG cushions for your corner - just snuggle up. Sea, I'm so glad you're coming here for some comfort and hot chocolate. I so feel for you - but I keep thinking that there must be something so much better waiting for you just around the corner.

Neuro... you do have a hidden talent! Well, not really all that hidden anymore, now, eh? LOL Thank you very much for that awesome description. I honestly thought chipper = wood splitter.... :H God help me, I really have turned into a redneck.

Good morning renewal - you just let Wally be....she's doing just fine! We all agree with her choice of garments for you! How was your mammoth shift, dear?

Top of the morning as well to Oney and Irish... how's life on the emerald isle today?

And LTG! :l How's the move coming? I'm amazed you find time to check in here at all!

*AHEM* Btw.... This is day 7! :happy:
      So, my goal was AF Monday-Friday this week. I was AF on Sunday as well and now figure I should really make it 7 days. Oddly enough, last night nothing but dreams involving AL. Very strange. Anyways... I really want to hold steady today. Not sure if there is AL tonight - going to a b-day dinner party... but I could always say 'No, thank you". Right? So, dear nestlings - send me some strong vibes... for some reason I feel I may need a little help today.

And now, I must (yes, MUST) finish this coffee and then put on 35 pounds of clothes and take the pooch for a walk. I haven't even checked the temperature this morning - it's just getting too depressing!

And off I go! Happy Day, all!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow... empty nest today! Hey... will someone please watch the fire!

I'm having a sorta grumpy, not very strong and willpowery (new word) day I'm missing both, ciggies and wine today.. probably because I'm cleaning.. which was one of my fav times to drink. *sigh*

The good news is, only another half hour or so before we're headed to the gym, then a dinner party after. IF heaven forbid I do have a glass of wine there, I will not stress over it. I did go beyond my original goal for this week, after all.

Hope you're all doing well!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello my little ducklings...it's almost 1 a.m. and I can see you're fast asleep. Just got home from my 2nd consecutive 17 hour shift.....real tired, but wanted to 'tuck you all in.' Loooong day......our latest admit was a homeless gal who was found breastfeeding a dead cat....welcome to my world....anyhow, I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow at some point.
          Goodnight
          Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all just trying to crank up the day. Still brrrrrrrrrrrrr and windy here need to go to shops but this is a reluctant traveller. Renewal my friend sleep well I will look after u while u sleep. Just noticed my fence in my back gaerden is half blown down feck it. Better go and see what I can do. Have a good day all catch u all later. Luv x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all! I'm new to the nest, but I do love birds! And the nest seems so warm and safe with lots of cheerful chirping at times! Our State Bird is the cardinal. Anyone else know their state or national bird?
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone!
                Good question Dill. I'll google mine and post it.
                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everybody! Good Morning!

Dill, our state bird is the Brown Thrasher. I love cardinals, they are my favorite with their bright red, they are also the most abundant in my backyard feeders. They really stand out in the winters when all of the leaves are gone, just beautiful!

Btw - can I have a room in the nest once in a while? I will bring my own robe and slippers...

Cat
                  Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                  -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

State bird of TX is mockingbird. I am moving to FL so I'll look that up too.
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

FL state bird is also mockingbird...LOL!!
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Hampshire State bird is the Purple Finch; poor little sucker is frozen solid right now.lol
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

LTG, What a coincidence! That shoud make it easy to remember, eh?!
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

grrrrr why do i feel so sick tonight, day 3 of af and iam throwing up...grrrrrr

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Speaking of birds, the Arizona Cardinals are playing in the most important game in their history today.....I'm still in recovery mode from my work weekend and am gonna veg and watch football today (imagine that).....Luckily, we put that big screen and recliner in the nest......I will be back later on to visit. Have a wonderful day my little ones............
                              Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Watching the game in HDTV!!!
                                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X