Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning birds,

Welcome all newbie's :welcome: Post and read on the main boards as well as here in the nest. Lots of supportive folks here at MWO.

Just a quick flyby. We are leaving this morning. Chops, we're driving so if I see you hitch hiking on the side of the road, I promise to stop and pick you up! :H

Dill, Sea you two have a great time on your trips. We are all going to be so tan when we get back! LOL!

SD,SS-take care of Papa R and "G"cat while eveyones gone.

Talk to everyone in a couple of weeks. Take care and stay safe.

Coffees on!
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, nesters! I'll be packing tonight and leaving in the morning. I'll be thinking of you all, for sure, and may be able to check in because we might pack the laptop. Anywhoo, Chopper and Sunni you are to keep things in order around here, can I count on you?
      PR, you don't have to do anything. Just the nightly tuck ins and watching sports whenever you can! Oh, and feed G, of course!
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dill ~ have a wonderful trip. We will all miss you! I will do my part to keep things in order around here

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chops?? PR??? Anyone??? Are we the only ones left??? I think everyone flew south!!!! Sunni are ya with us in here anywhere....buried under a pile of taxes:H
          So after the no school yesterday because of the blizzard...we HAD school today with NO ELECTRICITY UNTIL NOON!!!! Totally crazy...went out at 7:00AM...no one called off school??!! SO we all just showed up cuz we didn't know what else to do!

So if anyone is in the nest...I REALLY want to go April...AF...just to see if I can...I don't think I can...honestly, but I want to try...I'm a perfectionist and know I'll beat myself up if I don't succeed...but the longest I've gone is 4 days...any suggestions????
          PR-I need to PM you...thanks for you message...I got it yesterday!!
          Have to go make dinner....chat later!!
          SD
          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD ~ I am here. I do believe the others have flown south!

I am going AF in April so I can be there for you. Also there is a thread about AF April in the Just Starting Out section. As for suggestions to get you past day 4, I don't know how much help I can be there, except to keep coming here for support and encouragement!

Talk to you soon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Dill, be safe....and have a great time. SD, looking forward to that PM...hope things are well. Wow, seems like everyone is flying South....shouldn't that be in the winter? Well, goodnight my little ones.....be at peace with yourselves and your day....blessings for a wonderful tomorrow.
              Papa R

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! I have a few moments to check in before we leave. We did decide to take our laptop, so there's a very good chance I'll be able to check in while in FL. I hope so!
                Renewal, thanks for the well wishes. We will be safe and have a good time. There will be some difficulties as well, because the trip is a visit with my son, grandson and daughter-in-law who are going through some hard times right now. The biggest issue is a health issue for my DIL. We hope to help out in whatever way possible while we are there.

CS, I have joined the AF April thread, too. I am nervous about it because I've joined monthly efforts before to no avail. This time is different, I think. Today is day 7 for me. I had a head start! I plan to make it to day 8! I'll see you over there!

SD, Ahhh, yes. The four day limit! I was there myself for some time. I managed to break it and get to a 7 day, then crash. I?ve made 7 days twice. I haven't made it past that, yet. But I will. How to do it? Well, you just have to really want it. You have to find the courage within yourself to by-pass the liquor/wine store and head home empty handed. It takes courage. Then the strength to get through the nite once you've made it home. Reaching out here helps a lot as you know. I wish you well! Also, keep in mind that it will get easier with time! (So I've been told!) Check out this post for inspiration. It helped me:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...you-31332.html

Have a great day, all!
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Fellow Nesters
                  I am here in the Tropical Gulf of Mexico. I am hoping to meet up with a couple of MWO er's at some point. My Dad looks "Great"!! Hope everyone made it safely to their destinations and are having a great time. I will check in tonight.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ohhhhhh I'm green with jealousy! All you birdlings flying south for the win... errrmmm Spring!?:scratchinhead:

It's still hovering around freezing here I got all excited last week because one 'weed bed' (now, now, not THAT kinda weed) was already open and beginning to thaw.... well, at least until the the snow came off the roof of the shop... now there's a ski hill :H *sigh* I want to get out into the garden, dammit! My hope is with puttering around I'll lose some winter chub; I usually do. Mind you, the garden work here won't be nearly as physical at it would be at home. Oh well. Mr. Wonderful and I went to the gym last night (after like 2 months) - quite amazing how fast you get OUT of shape.

Btw... still haven't started my taxes yet. I'm starting to stress, I think. Can't this weekend, either. The college my daughter has accepted is having their open house/orientation this Saturday (a 2.5 hour drive) - so that day will be pretty much toast. And Sunday, there's a shindig at the stable, which I have been been told to attend (in no uncertain terms) ... no getting out of that one :H I just realized that I can get my horse up here NEXT MONTH! Whoohoo! Shoot, I better get some money in soon... she needs her vaccinations first and the trip up here is going to cost a bit as well.

Ok, I've babbled on enough now. I'm subtly making up for my absence as of late Remaining nestlings, enjoy your day, stick with today's goals and be kind to yourselves!

Peace - out!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters,

Sea ~ I am happy you arrived safely and that your dad looks "Great"! Enjoy your time.

Dill ~ I am glad you were able to check in this morning. Hope you have a safe arrival today!

Sunni ~ I just finished all the taxes last night. I hope it doesn't become too stressful for you.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day. Hello to all Nesters that follow. The coffee, tea and soft drinks are all ready. Enjoy the muffins I set out too!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Pretty quiet day in the nest, eh.......gonna sign off early tonight. As you know, pops is gone the next couple days, so keep the nest upright, and have a wonderful weekend...oh, and stop in and visit 'G' when you can.........PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters! I have internet, but I don't have time! Just a quick check in to say I hope you all have a good day. Sunny DO YOUR TAXES! We got ours done and for the first time in years, we are getting some of our money back. We over paid. Can't believe it!
                          Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters

Had a lovely day here yesterday on the Myaaka River and down by the Marina. I met Caysea from our MWO family. He is a wonderful man. I think we are off the Busch Gardens today. Have a Great day all.
                            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Dill and Sea ~ it's great to hear from you while on vacation. I do hope you are having a great time.

Papa R ~ I will do my best to check in on 'G' over the next couple of days.

The sun is going be shining here and temps near 70. I plan on being outside alot!!! We definitely need this sunshine and warmth.

Hello to all nesters that follow. I have set out a variety of refreshments for everyone.

Have a wonderful day

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunshine?

Hi, Choppersmom, et.al,
                                Sunshine? What's that? We've had snow here and grey leaden skies for every day this week, and snow advisory for the weekend. I am so tired of not having my sunbeam! The advantage is, the snow might mean not as many forest fires this summer... Hope that follows through! But my soul yearns for sun.

Comment

Working...
                                X