Newbies Nest

vjcret

just starting out thinking could i do this hope i can just wanted to say hi

Comment

Newbies Nest

someone tell me the frist steps to take

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome vjcredit! :welcome: I am happy you have joined us! This is a wonderful site to find information and support. I am going to repeat to you what I suggested to DianaT:

May I suggest that you pop over to the "Just Startin Out" section and start a thread to introduce yourself? You will meet many more folks that way, as this thread has only a slice of the pie of members. You will get lots of good advice and support. But, please return to our nest as well!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

After 29 hours in airports, I am finally home!!! I try to tell myself the same thing dill. I love the change of seasons, but unfortunately, Spring and Fall are far too short and Winter is far too long. I love Sarasota, Florida. Hmm...Had an AF vacation, ate healthy and exercised. It was great to have most of the family together. Only Emylee was not there. My two sons, my Dad and my Sis. We had a great time. I will be on the NAN (need a nap) twig. Cloudy, chilly here, but Opening Day at Fenway!!!! Go Red Sox!!!
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello my little ones......again, pretty quiet day in the nest. Guess everybody REALLY did fly south....Dill, thanks for thinking of me and yes, of course I watched the game....turned out to be not so much a game, but I watched most of it. Of course it was also Opening day of baseball season, so my attention was scattered. Have a great night cherubs.
            Papa R.....and G

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning birdies,

leaving this morning in just a few minutes. Won't have a putor till I get back home in 3 days.

Congrats to Sea and Dill on AF vacation! No AL for me on this vacation either. We are going to drive up the coast to Savanah Georgia and then head in land from there toward Indiana. Sea-Dill, say what you want but....I DON"T WANT TO GO BACK TO THE COLD!! LOL! But seriously, I don't!

Welcome :welcome: to all the newbie's.

And to all the old newbies's-hope you all are safe and doing well.

Okay-gotta go-everyone have a great day.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another quiet day. I wonder where Sunny has been? Do you think the taxes got the better of her?
                Lil, I'm glad you checked in. Have a safe trip home. I hope the weather is milder by the time you get back!
                G cat is purring. It's a nice sound.
                Sea, sorry your travel was so messed up! I'll bet you're glad to be home. I'm liking the idea of a NAN (need a nap) twig just about now.
                PR, I'll see ya tonight. I'll leave the light on for you.
                I just got back from at day shopping with a girlfriend. We went to Jungle Jims which is a huge store with all kinds of international and gourmet items. Mmmm. Good samples!
                Later!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Dill--Thanks for that "Why are we afraid of being AF" thread....that was a great thread to read!!!!! Thank you so much!!! I needed that today!! I ran out of L-glut yesterday, so had none all day to until this evening...I could tell...really craved a red beer--that and this house thing...ahhh....stressful!! Anyway...glad you had a good day today shopping...that sounds like fun!!
                  Sea, Lil, SweEty, Papa R, Chops, and Sunni (WHERE THE HECK IS SUNNI?????) and to everyone else oldies and newbies I have missed---sorry...it's getting late here....hoping everyone is having a great week and going to have a very Happy Easter Weekend!!
                  Day 8 AF here...can't believe it....maybe I should start out slow and just go for 10 :H
                  Hugs to everyone!!:l
                  "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                  7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hi SD and Dill....yeah, gotta love G's purring...he'll be happy...till morning when I leave for work.......soooo, where the heck is everybody??? Well ladies, for now we'll hold down the fort.....I'm in good company with the two of you. Coming around for a kiss on the forehead....goodnight my little ones....
                    Pops

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day nesters
                      Just a quick check in, as I am off to a Job Fair.
                      I was thinking about you when I was in Siesta Key, Renewal. There is a restaurant there called "Gilligan's" lol. Slept most of the day yesterday, recovering from my trip. Now it's back to the job search and trying to get some assistance to save my home. I am going into foreclosure on Monday, unless, by some miracle, I can pay what I owe. Hope you all have a great day!!
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - just popping in quickly - like the pic Sea! Have just submitted an assignment so have square eyes.
                        BBQ tomorrow - I'm a 'good catholic girl' so I'll be taking fish........*ducking from lightning strike*

night all
                        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

SBetty, I'm a good catholic girl, too! LOL! No lightning yet.... How are you doing? You don't say much these days. Are you in school and working hard?

Sea, I love the pic! Thanks for sharing. I am so sorry to hear about the foreclosure. I'll be thinking of you and sending positive vibes.

SD, I'm glad you liked the thread link. I was amazed at that thread when I found it because it hit the nail on the head for me and it was written over a year ago! I wonder if I should post it in the Tool Box thread. What do you think?

Hey, PR. Light's on for you again. Yet another quiet day in the nest. The most noise I heard, once again, was G's purring. It's a lovely calming sound.
                          Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello there little ones.....thanks for thinking of Gilligan Sea....as the skipper would say, he's my little buddy......and a better buddy there is not. I'm real sorry about your home situation too....Brighter days are ahead hun, and you've got a lot of love and support here at home in the nest. Dill, thanks for leaving the light on. Well, gone the next couple days, much to 'G's chagrin....give him a lot of love as he really misses his dad those days.
                            An early goodnight my cherubs.
                            Papa R

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dill--Yeah, you should put that one in the toolbox thread and also check out the one in the general thread that was just started called:
                              I drank for....by Mario....it was awesome too!!!

I'm heading out to look for some popsickels right now...I put an offer in today on the house, along with getting into a "tiff" with the ex-hubby....I swear, that man has HUGE issues!!!! I finally just had enough....I think this no drinking has given me a new found confidence I didn't know I had!!! I love it!!! Or maybe I'm just liking myself a hell of a lot more!!!

Sea--LOVED that picture of you and your family! It was sweet...and so sorry to hear about the foreclosure...you continue to be in my prayers!!

SweEty--I always duck those lightening blots when I enter the Catholic church...I would have to call and have the priest block off an afternoon of time it's been so long since I've been to confession~~~:H
                              Off to find some popsickles...and I'll look for some cat treats for 'G' cat while I'm out!! A pink marshmellow peep chick :H don't cats like birds....lol!!!
                              "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                              7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wavin:

Here I am! Taxes are.. ummm..... half done? LOL
                                I've been sick as a dog and busy as heck.. not a good combination! Hope you all are well.. will try to check in tomorrow and catch up on what's been going on in here. Right now my head feels like it's gonna explode any minute now... I better call it a day!

Toodles and night night, birdlings!
                                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X