Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes all. That pic was taken at the Myaaka River State park. Left to right: Me, Dad, my Sis.
    Sorry to hear that you are sick Sunni. I do hope you feel better soon.
    The turn out at the Job Fair was so overwhelming, that thousands, including me, got turned away. I have applied for a couple of other jobs, so fingers crossed. Lots of phone calls and errands today. I will also go to an AA meeting or two. Have a great day all.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aaaww, Sea! I'm sorry the job fair didn't pan out. I really feel for you. My son is in a similar position, and it is rough. He could only find part time work at a Kmart. It is not enough to cover daily living expences and his wife has not been able to work due to illness. Don't give up, though! Stay positive. I'll be praying for you.

SD, thanks for the mention of Mario's thread. You are right. It was awesome! Let's keep pointing each other to the 'good ones'. I don't allways get to the other sections due to time. It's so exciting about the house! Keep us posted. I am amazed you are staying AF while dealing with that. I'm happy that the AF time is helping you see and think clearly so that you are able to deal with the Ex better, too.

SO, it seems as though the taxes DID get the better of our girl Sunny! :upset: I hope you get back to your old self, soon.

SBetty, how ya' doin? How's the weather in Singapore. It's 45 F here and rainy. It's the old "April showers" thing . Just a typical April day, really.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aaaww, Sea! I'm sorry the job fair didn't pan out. I really feel for you. My son is in a similar position, and it is rough. He could only find part time work at a Kmart. It is not enough to cover daily living expences and his wife has not been able to work due to illness. Don't give up, though! Stay positive. I'll be praying for you.

SD, thanks for the mention of Mario's thread. You are right. It was awesome! Let's keep pointing each other to the 'good ones'. I don't allways get to the other sections due to time. It's so exciting about the house! Keep us posted. I am amazed you are staying AF while dealing with that. I'm happy that the AF time is helping you see and think clearly so that you are able to deal with the Ex better, too.

SO, it seems as though the taxes DID get the better of our girl Sunny! :upset: I hope you get back to your old self, soon.

SBetty, how ya' doin? How's the weather in Singapore. It's 45 F here and rainy. It's the old "April showers" thing . Just a typical April day, really.:winkmonkey:

PR, as usual, I wish you well on the monster shifts!:h
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Thx Dill....real late...real tired....same thing tomorrow....sweet dreams my little ones....give my G some lovin..........................PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunburn is itchy as Hell. Scratch me Gilligan.lol
            Well, I talked to the Housing counselor and he said that I am NOT going into foreclosure. Thank you Barack Obama (I think). I depleted my retirement account. Yikes!!! I have done more shit to save this house and I don't even like it. Going to get the rest of the food for Easter dinner today. I invited everyone that I could think of who may not have a place to go. I decorated Eggs with my Princess last night. Happy Holy Saturday all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Holy Saturday

Sea, I am glad you worked something out! I think mortgage lenders are working with people more flexibly because of the sheer volume of folks in your position. The lenders are better off working something out than getting stuck with a property to move in this sluggish economy. That's my 2 cents. What ever, I'm glad you have that stress lifted for the time being! I think it is great that you are making plans for Easter. It is one of my favorite holidays. Will you have an egg hunt? I think the weather may be nice enough for outdoor hunts this year. HB and I have no plans. Sigh. Of course, we saw our kids last week in Floroida and no other family is nearby or are travelling due to Easter break. Still, we will have a special Easter meal with ham and sweet potatoes. Mmmm! And I will go to Easter Mass.

Have a great day!
              Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah, Easter Egg Hunts. NO. LOL. My daughter will be too stoned and my son, just not interested. I have my memories. I love to cook though. I even invited my Ex husband and his brother because I figured they probably have no where to go. Was I motivated by the possibility of them bringing my dog over. Hell Yeah.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!!
                  PR--I'll hide some eggs for 'G' cat to find....my son would love to look for eggs with a kitty in his arms...I'll just give him some Zyrtec...bad allergies!!! :H

Dill--You and I have the same Easter idea...egg hunt, mass, big easter meal!!! We dyed eggs last night (3 dozen) and decorated Easter cookies!! I need to have another child...pretty soon this 7 year old BOY isn't going to want to do this stuff with his mommy anymore Yeah--that's a great reason to have a kid huh...to do the fun stuff with on the holidays:H
                  Well you have a very Happy Easter!!! And happy whatever AF day!!

Sea--So glad everything worked out for you on the house...that's awesome!! And you have a very kind heart to invite the ex over...my ex and I aren't seeing eye to eye right now...grrrrrr!!! You have a Happy Easter too!!!

And too all to those to come....have a great Saturday!!!
                  "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                  7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD I read your posts on the AF April and ODAT threads. Fantastic! I think it is so great that your family notices and has given you positive feedback. It's awesome that you may be infuencing them to cut back, too! I'm really happy for you and your son. As far as Easter, I didn't color eggs this year. First time. I colored them for years, even after the kids left home, just because I like to. But, this year, I didn't feel like it. I was busy with spring cleaning activities instead.

Sea, You are going to have to explain your new avatar. What is that picture about? And also, can you tell me how to put one of my own photos on as an avatar? I assume you know how, as you have done it a couple of times. :heart: If it's too hard to explain, don't worry about it, though.

PR, I bet you're exhausted! We'll leave some deviled eggs in the fridge for you for a bed time snack. G's been a really good cat today. He scratched Sea' itchy sunburn for her, ever so gently!:H
                    Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all my peep buds,

I landed here at the nest late last night. Grabbed the RRT twig. (really, really tired) I hope I didn't wake anyone up! You were all nestled in so comfy and all.

Sea and Dill-My daughter lives close to the airport in FL and can see the planes taking off from her house. So I did wave at you guys when you were leaving. Did you see me? Glad you both made it home safe.

SD-How exciting about buying a house. You must post a pic of it once the deal is all set and done. Are you already making plans to redecorate when you move in? That's what I did with my last new home.

SweEty-It's always good to hear from you. Are you supper busy with school?

Sunni-Sorry to hear you're sick and hope you are feeling better soon.

PR-Your monster shift is almost over. Hope you are getting some rest. Tell "G" cat thanks for visiting my kittys while I was gone. They appreciated the company.

I had a great visit with my daughter. We also stopped at Savannah, George the Red River Gorge, Kentucky and drove through the Smokies on the way home. We got through Tennessee and into Kentucky just ahead of all those storms that hit Tennessee. We got rained on, but were very,very lucky!

Well, gang the coffee's on. (SD's diet P on ice. ) I hope you all brought your Easter baskets because I've hid eggs all over the nest! (Sea-I hope you don't mind that I used your eggs as I didn't have time to make my own! :H)

I've set out a special big basket for Pappa R and "G" cat full of all sorts of goodies. So everyone who visits today, feel free to add any special treat that they want and we can surprise PR tonight when he gets home!

HAPPY EASTER all my nestling friends!
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Good morning my little ones.....and.....HAPPY EASTER!!!!!! Yeah, I am whipped....zapped this morning, but gotta get rollin and get myself to church. Appreciate you all lovin G....he loves the attention. Have a wonderful and blessed day my friends.....and be safe.
                        PR and G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night All. Very quiet Easter - not a chocolate egg in sight! Am doing 4 weeks AF from tomorrow. Am actually looking forward to it - how thingd change!

Dill-the weather is ALWAYS the same here - hot and sweaty! We have had a few thunderstorms though.

Bx
                          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Easter Nester Friends!!
                            I just stopped in after church to see how everyone was doing--on my way to my sisters for lunch!!
                            Lil, it so great to hear from you...that's funny...I forgot to put my Diet P in the fridge and had to drink it warm this morning...should have stopped here first...could have had a cold one...you always remember:l
                            I was actually starting to wonder about you...hadn't heard from you in awhile!! Welcome home!!
                            SweEty--I think I ate all the chocolate in the world if you are looking for it...sorry :H

Papa R--My son and 'G' cat were up REAL early and found all 18 eggs in record time!!! And as I'm typing my son is bouncing from couch to couch, only hitting the floor once...possibly too many jellybeans, chocolate bunnies and peeps!!!:nutso:

Dill--The guy came back with a counter offer on the house and I said "No, my offer was firm." He couldn't believe it!! He said he was going to re-talk it over and see what he and his father could come up with...apparently he took all the equity out of this house and put it into the house he bought and now can't get the assessed value out of it....he's in a HUGE bind...and his dad is the one helping he and his wife make double house payments...I can't believe he told me all that!!! He said he'd be in touch after the holiday I am woman, hear me roar!!! Now if I could just keep my ex from putting me into tears!! The A**!!:H

Well Happy Easter to Everyone to come...Sunni too if she comes up for air!! :H
                            SD
                            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                            7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Lil, It's great to have you back flitting around the nest! You might have needed th RRT last night, but you woke up bouncing around like you were SweatyBetty or something! I'm glad you had a good visit with your daughter and that you made it home safely.

I put some malted chocolate speckled eggs in the basket for PR, and some catnip for G.

SBetty, Why are you in Singapore and for how long? It doesn't sound like the weather is your cup of tea! Now I know why I thought you were on your second 30 day stretch. It was because you said on another thread that you would be at 28 days 4 weeks from tomorrow, or some such thing. Took too much for my pea brain to figure out!

PR, I thought about you being completely zonked and going to Church. What a trooper! But, of course, you couldn't miss on Easter!

SD, I can't believe he told you all that, either! I guess he was playing on your sympathy. I'm glad you held firm. You know what you can afford! If you do get the house, let us know a little about it. How many bedrooms, is there a yard, is it fenced, etc.

Hopping up on the HET (Happy Easter Twig) for the night. There's plenty of room!
                              Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello my little ones....not 'tucking in' yet as it's too early, but just wanted to again wish all of you a Happy Easter in case I fall asleep early tonight....which I KNOW I will....did go to church this morning, and have been watching golf while trying to keep my eyes open....hope this day was a special one for you.
                                An early goodnight......
                                PR&G

Comment

Working...
                                X