X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Amen ~ me too Byrdie

Windy, Ginger & anyone dealing with anxiety/depression -
    I've been taking a product called 'Amoryn' since Jan. 2009. It's a blend of St John's Wort & a few other things. I had some hardcore anxiety issues & some depression which were not relieved with Rx meds (I still drank while on them). But when I found Amoryn & finally got some relief I knew that I would be able to quit my wine habit once & for all This product is all herbal, natural, cause zero side effects & it workes - quickly!
    AMORYN Mood Booster | Natural Antidepressant | Supplement for Depression & Anxiety
    I'm saving my life & tons of money I would have spent at the wine store - believe me :H
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks guys for the suggestion. I am very familiar with St. John's Wart and remember hearing much about it while living in Europe. I actually ordered the Amoryn and it's components look impressive. I can't wait to give it a go. If my real personality comes out...BEWARE.

I have given my supplements a good go-over and have a new plan. I just need to remember to take them. I am going to go with the All in One, added calcium, gaba and the 5htp, and nician. Oh and Ester C. When the Amoryn arrives I will take out the gaba and 5htp.

Here's to being different.:wd::wd::wd: My claim to fame.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone. Lavande, I definitely will look into the Amoryn!
        Ginger

You are here:
        sigpic

Comment

Newbies Nest

Windy & Ginger!

I'm beingg totally honest here -
          I was dealing with crippling anxiety made worse of course by drinking yet I couldn't stop for good I credit the Amoryn for pulling me out of my funk enough so that I could finally accomplish what I really wanted & that was to be AF

I wish good results for both of you!
          Please feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav...I hate to hang you out there like this....but in the early weeks of my recovery, you offered a hand up to me, saying to PM you if I had trouble....I had your email in my stash of important numbers I keep with me all the time...and knowing I had you there, really helped me. You have no idea the impact you have had on me! Thank you, good friend!! XO, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Please explain why I can't just stop drinking? Why do I make the decision to drink? I hate it. I want to stop but I don't want to stop.
              I am filled with discuss, self loathing, shame and yet there will come a moment when I feel entitled to drink, when I will feel like it's no big deal.
              :hitme:
              Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone, Just checking in as promised. My goal is to be af this weekend. Have not had a af weekend in probably 25 yrs. So far so good. Its sat in oz 10.00am and I feel so good,no hangover,its so good to get up, train on the bike for a few kms and then actually look fwd to doing some exciting things during the day. I feel i dont have a lot to offer in advice as I have just begaun(again) to be af. But, thankyou all for your posts, I read them constantly to gain strength and support to carry on with my battle to become af permanently. I actually went to a restaurant last night and filed past the shelves and shelves of wine. I quietly said to myself "NO not tonight you beast..u are not going to destroy this evening for me!!" It worked, had a great meal and remembered everthing i ate and talked to my wife about lots of things. It was so much better and actually when I look back the cravings werent thatbadf. Went prepared with a plan,,,,,,,,,,a can of opened coke which took me all night to drink. Thanks again and I hope you are all well

Comment

Newbies Nest

boozer, you sound good! Hope your weekend is great

Byrdie - I love you too, really :h

mimi, the only thing that held me back for so long was fear.
                  I feared the unknown aka my sober self!
                  Turns out there was absolutely nothing to fear & everything to gain!
                  Can you just give it a try for one day? We'll all be here for you, I hope you know that :l
                  If you have the MWO CDs, use them because they will give you strength to help fight the beast.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mimi, why are you here? What are you hoping to accomplish? What did you google to find this place. Tell us about why you are so conflicted....Early on, I read thru a thread called, 'You might be an alcoholic if...." It was very telling. See if you can find it and relate to any of the comments. But really try and ask yourself the hard questions...if what you are now doing is not working, it's time to try something else. Right? What do you want to accomplish? Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

mimi911;1189440 wrote: Please explain why I can't just stop drinking? Why do I make the decision to drink? I hate it. I want to stop but I don't want to stop.
                      I am filled with discuss, self loathing, shame and yet there will come a moment when I feel entitled to drink, when I will feel like it's no big deal.
                      Hi Mimi - I can relate. For years and years and years I would tell myself in the morning that I would not drink today and by 6 or 7 PM, i had found a reason to drink. Pretty much anything would do - had a great day, had a bad day, going out with friends, staying in alone....There was always ample reason to put off until tomorrow my plans to not drink, "Ah, what's another day..."

Well, another day turned into most of my adult life. A life I don't remember very much of... a life of mediocre accomplishments, wasted opportunities, ruined relationships....

It's hard to deal with the feelings of remorse and guilt about that wasted life. But, what I am beginning to get now is a REAL life. I am fully aware of every moment of every day. I awake each day with excitement and joy and fall asleep each night full of peace and gratitude.

Honestly, I don't know what I ever saw in AL.. He never did one friggin thing for me, but was extremely good at fooling me into thinking he was my friend. Ha!

My guess is that YOU can stop drinking Mimi. If I can, if lots of other Nesters can and did, then you can too. It's the nature of AL that is fooling you into thinking that you can't. AL needs you to feed it - it's an addiction; both physical and mental.

Make a plan and write it down. Get specific. Supplements, daily exercise routine, triggers and how they'll be handled, the abstinence CD's and what time you'll use them...etc, etc.

You came here because deep down inside the REAL you wants to get AL off her back. There is no magic bullet, but there is a tool box full of helpful information and a Nest full of others who, just like you, felt that they could never get AL out of their lives.

Work on your plan, share it with the Nest if you like, and remind yourself that you can do this. It's not a walk in the park, but the results will truly change your life.
                      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, Everyone. It's been a while since I posted, but I do come by and read every day. I took a rough count yesterday and realized that it's been about 3 months since I had a drink of alcohol. Wow! It's been a wild ride and some very stressful events have taken place during this time. But I rarely miss the booze anymore. I feel good so much of the time now! I have even gotten brave enough to go "out on the town" a few times and it's great getting home at a decent hour and waking up early without a hint of hangover! I'm still being naughty regarding the tobacco; I smoke a few cigarettes now and then. But I'm going to the gym just about every day again which is wonderful! Well, friends .... I just wanted to say "hey" and to let those of you who remember me know that I am still very happy to be here!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Mimi - It's hard to explain why we can't stop drinking when we want to so bad. I know that for me it was a habit. And habits are hard to break. Perhaps some new good habits during the time you drink would be a suggestion.

Have you had any days AF for a while or a string of AF days? If so, How did you do it? Can you do it again? I think you can, because you are here and that is a big step. One thing that has helped me, is to revisit that bad feeling a hangover gives you when you feel the urge to have "just one". Does it really taste good? What are you going to get out of it - really - besides an awful feeling. That is really all there is an "AWFUL FEELING". It is the enemy. You can win this battle for your well being.

We are here to help you. What do you need?

Boozer -- Good luck on an AF weekend. Weekends can be trying, but you sound committed to a sober one - me too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday morning Nesters!

Sunny in my neck of the nest today

Hi Greg & all to come today!

Clover, congrats to your on your 3 months AF :yay:
                            Learning to maneuver thru life & stressful situations without AL is all part of the plan - good for you!!
                            I got a lot of help to quit smoking from Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community
                            I still go there everyday to make my pledge to remain smoke free

I have lots & lots to do today to keep me out of trouble. I sure wouldn't want to be dragging AL around with me
                            Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday!

Mimi, please check in!

Hi Windy - cross post!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning everyone.

Despite how strong I feel about keeping sober, I know for sure that if there was available alcohol around me yesterday I would have had some.. :-( There were only about 2 - 15 minute time periods that I really struggled though so I was reminded how fast those strong urges can go away. sheesh, it's so disappointing though to realize you're not as strong as you thought you were. I'm going on two weeks now so I know it's not the physical need...

In one minute I can feel so strongly that I'm doing something really good....for my health, for my family - something that's absolutely necessary. And the next minute those thoughts are completely stifled by ones of how much I'd like to drink. Even while in the back of my mind I know that I don't even really like the feeling anymore when I drink. I know I have to ride this out - that two weeks isn't very long.

I just felt really disappointed in myself when I acknowledged that if it was sitting here, I'd have some.
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab, you said it girl, my thoughts exactly. :l

The day after I drink I find it very easy "not" to drink because i don't drink 2 days in a row (usually). But i decided to listen to that little bell that goes off in my head telling me to drink.

Here's what I noticed: Thoughts that go through my head:
                                1. Yes you are an alcoholic BUT you don't drink everyday so it's okay to get that bottle of wine.
                                2. Yes I'm an alcoholic BUT I still have it under control.

scary to think that the alcoholic brain can be so deceiving.

Discovery/recovery maybe now that I have discovered "what happens" during those couple of hours in the evening to drive me to drink I can fight it better.

I find it strange that i don't physically crave alcohol. It's more a state of mind, an entitlement, a reward, a rebellion.
                                :hitme:
                                Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Working...
                                X