Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Wonderful posts from everyone. My we are an intelligent group, full of compassion and true grit. I feel so lucky to be here sharing our stories and learning how to beat the beast.

Lolab, Lav -- You worry about your fellow nesters? I am humbled. I will promise you that you will never have to worry about me. This is one of the nicest things I have experienced a long time. So, I am checking in and everything is A-OKAY here.

I don't have too much to add today, but I did want to mention -- Belle Girl -- I had a drinking dream about two weeks ago and it was so real, I woke up (at 2:00 in the fu%$$% morning) and felt like a failure. It was an overwhelming feeling. I soon realized it was a dream and was so relieved, but the feeling did stay with me for at least one day. It is hard to describe I think unless you have had that happen to you. It felt so real: the guilty feeling. It did make me realize how important this is to me too.

Take care and keep up the good fight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie that sent shivers up my spine. "the next thing you know the holidays have come and gone ...and you don't even know where they went...."
      Sometimes I swear you guys are inside my head....living my life
      I'm printing out that thxgiving scenario too

Byrdie!!! You're like the ghost of thanksgiving past and thanksgiving future if we don't change our ways!!!!
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am finding it hard to take the Topa and workout. The Topa causes muscle weakness and tiredness. I guess I have to decide what's more important.

Benefits of topa:
        1. no desire to drink
        2. weight loss

Negatives:
        1. fatigue
        2. muscle weakness

I guess i will stop taking it for awhile and make sure the muscle weakness is caused from the Topa since I have recently been having trouble with swollen lymph nodes and a sore throat.
        :hitme:
        Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! I'm proud to say that I am making it through day 1 with bells on. I have stuck to my plan and even snuck in a languid hour of a hot bubble bath and reading. It was so relaxing. I feel very relieved tonight. By now, usually I would have been well on my way to being drunk. And since it is my day off, I would have started even earlier than "cocktail hour". But not this day! I kept myself busy and also kept myself from getting hungry. Just had a wonderful salad for dinner and now looking forward to a cup of chamomile tea.

Thanks Lav for your encouragement! As always, you are an inspiration. I know I am on the right track.

Have a lovely peaceful evening everyone and I'll be on in the AM to say GOOD MORNING!
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm going to try not to post from my phone once I go to bed tonight...LOL! I'd like to do some reading. So here is my goodnight post.

Thanks for all the inspiration today.
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
              WOW it has been busy on here,
              I have not had time to read back properly as once again I have been really busy, I must admit I cant wait to come home from work and relax but that wont happen untill at least next week...lol
              Well done Blonde for getting through day 1, its such a great feeling is'nt
              My brain is working overtime at the moment with all this learning from my new job but I am glad to say I am winning.
              It is sooo good to see so many people achieving their goals, it always puuts a smile on my face for the rest of the day and it really does motivate me to keep going.
              I have a plan that once I get to 30 days A/f my next goal will be 45 days as 60 days just seems to long and then when I get to 45 days I will then go 60 days, I know it sounds silly but if my goals seam to far away then I know I will not complete them that is why I make them shorter....lol
              Well I am going to get a cup of coffee before I go to work
              Hope you all have a fab day
              ronnie
              xxx
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Byrdie - almost through Day 7 - but it's the time of day where I wrestle the monster. Home alone again- have things to do - but am really fighting down the booze brain.

Just took a dose of glutamine and amino's so hopefully will be fine in the next half hour or so. Will just white knuckle it and stay busy until then. I sure hope Lolab is right and that day 13/14 is a turning point.

Sighs.
                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie Fairy;1202373 wrote: Hi Byrdie - almost through Day 7 - but it's the time of day where I wrestle the monster. Home alone again- have things to do - but am really fighting down the booze brain.

Just took a dose of glutamine and amino's so hopefully will be fine in the next half hour or so. Will just white knuckle it and stay busy until then. I sure hope Lolab is right and that day 13/14 is a turning point.

Sighs.
                  Prairie Fairy, I think you have done the best thing possible and came straight here to say how you're feeling - wish I had a week ago. I messed up after 20 days, so now right back to the start wishing I could even be as far on as you.
                  You have done so well and to take even one drink would put you back so far. You not only have to deal with starting over, but all those horrible feelings in the morning. There is only one answer, just don't! Easier said than done I know, but the harder the task the greater the pride in yourself for overcoming it........
                  Will be thinking of you and wish you a bright and breezy start to tomorrow!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am just trying to fight this one back - and it's a hard one.

I really, really, really want one.
                    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie Fairy;1202379 wrote: I am just trying to fight this one back - and it's a hard one.

I really, really, really want one.
                      Go and read as many posts as you can - there were a few of us that fell back over the last week or two and the disappointment in the ensuing posts is so evident. What time are you at? Can you put on a film or phone someone that you know will keep you on the phone for a while? I can't get my sister off the phone - she chats for a couple of hours - even takes toilet breaks and asks me to wait! Cheek of her!! Stay on here!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,
                        Just checking in on all the peeps

Hello & welcome noal (what a great name)!
                        Congrats to you on your 16 aF days - awesome work

PF, just hang in there & don't give in - you can do this!!!!!

Daisy, glad to see you as well, stay close cause you know it really helps!

Hello to windy, Byrdie, lola, Blondie & everyone. I am still working in my shop at 10 pm, but that's OK. This is my busy season afterall

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest & USE THE NEST BELTS :H

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night all...made it thru another day. Day 11 here I come...waiting for that great #13!

PF...keep it going with staying busy. Anything... We're here rooting for you!
                          BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie.... It does take our bodies time to heal. And it takes a bit of effort, as you are experiencing, to retrain the brain. AL does a number on both the chemistry and the circuitry. You are clearing new neural pathways every time you ride out an urge or ignore the call of a conditioned response.

I found it helpful in the witching times to actively focus on the good ways my life has changed by being AF. At first, I was pretty much doing the ole 'fake it til you make it' routine,but it sure has worked for me.

Belle....your body has done quite a bit of healing in 10 days. It will keep getting better. I love your avatar - is that your precious pug?

I have two now....I was able to get a second one with the money I saved from not drinking for a month! Little Wolfgang Pug is my sobriety pup. He likes watching me when I am posting here!

Sober for the Revolution!
                            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok - made it through another night - that one was hard - not a physical need - it was all in the brain.

It was the alien from the tool box demanding to take over and be let out. He kicked and screamed like a two year old. He went boneless in a fit when I tried to shove him in his box.

I kept making that crazy herbal relaxation tea until I could have floated an aircraft carrier and downed extra glutamine plus amino's. In the end - I rode it out.

So here we are - Day 8. I've refilled all my traveling supplement jars. And we take on another day.

I grit my teeth and I keep going. But I've reduced caffeine in half at the same time so the headaches are heinous. On the other hand - several people have notice I am so much more chipper - that my moods are so much happier overall. And since all I am admitting to anyone is "I am doing one of my detoxes that I do every few years where I clean up my foods, drop caffeine, and reduce AL - to rest my systems/get my vitamin stores up."

Since no one knows better - that explanation works.

Onward.
                              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Turnagain, Belle and Lav! But especially delighted to see Prairie Fairy check in and feeling so upbeat! You done good girl!

Comment

Working...
                                X