Newbies Nest

CONGRATS ON YOUR 30 AF DAYS RONNIE!!!
    I'm very happy for you
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evenin' everyone! Thanks Byrd and Lolab for your convincing posts...we all need to hear it from those who have been successful and in our shoes. I am on day 6 today and am enjoying a nice quiet evening...about to settle in with a book and cup of tea. Keep seeing myself with a glass of wine on Thanksgiving...why am I doing that to myself? It' s going to be hard with everyone else in my family drinking but nothing worth having is ever easy is it?

I hope everyone is staying strong...see you in the morning!
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
      :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy! I had the thought this morning that I'd like to travel again. Now that I've got my sea legs and know I can go anywhere and do anything...I'd love to go and do. The next place on the list is Dublin, Ireland. February is a reasonable goal...what is the weather like then? I don't want to go when it's cold, hard to pack for that.
        I'm so proud of what happened in the nest today, and you are a very big part of that. I like to sing, too, unfortunately, I am the only one that thinks I'm any good! Good for you in facing a fear...and getting so much out of it! Giving back...there's no reward like it. It is very empowering to finally know that you have control instead of something having you by the short hairs. Well done! xxxoo, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, thank you so much! I am learning every day!
          As far as coming to Ireland; if February is your goal, mmmmm, there are no guarantees in this fair land - even in the Summer! But, I think no matter when you come you'll love it. We had really heavy snow last year but the forecast is supposed to be better this year.
          I took a bus through the centre of Dublin earlier this year - the most beautiful, historic city. I actually would love to go again myself for a weekend to really soak it up. You know when something is on your own doorstep you tend to overlook it?
          Pack plenty of layers, and when you get here you can buy a big Aran sweater, a hat, pair of wellies and a brolly and you'll be sorted.......haha!
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oooohhh. Ronnie!!!! Congratulations on 30 days!!!!!
            You ARE doing it!
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Ronnie on 30 days!!! Way to go! :yay:
              "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Newbies Nest

Go Ronnie, Go Ronnie, Go Ronnie!!!! Well done you!
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

You GO Ronnie!

30 Days - WooooHOOOOOOO

Get down wit your Bad Self!
                  -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hokey Smokey Fledglings.....

I was getting ready to launch into a major policy speech regarding the apparently contagious outbreak of "Ohhh, I'd like a drink" syndrome, when in flew Lola.

Wow Girl - That's progress there! Thank you for saving me a few thousand keystrokes! And Ms. Byrdie, as usual, puts the definitive boot on the neck of the wily Mr. AL. I, for one, owe a great debt of gratitude to the voracious posts of the one and only Byrdlady. And hey Byrdie, looks like you got you a protegee! Schweet.

Seriously Lola, that was a divine post - keep on doing what your doing, headaches and such be damned! Are ya doing a regular exercise thing? Drinking tons of spring water?

OK, one thing I will add...Mighty, Belle, Prairie...any other fledglings fancy them selves having a "nice" wine??? No such freakin thing Peeps! And here's the thing - you already know that! The ONLY reason you are wavering is because AL is not going to give up that easy. He had your soul - bought and paid for - and now, you're taking it back - AL does not want to let go without a fight. You won't believe how many he gets back.

Don't let your precious souls go back to AL - ever.

Wanna picture something cool? Picture yourself doing the thing you've always wanted to do but never got around to. Your BIG secret dream...I'll tell you it won't ever happen with AL back in the pic. We are, as Ms. Byrd will say, fighting for our very lives here. You wouldn't step in front of a speeding truck, so don't start hanging with AL again - the result is the same, only the velocity is different.
                    -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gosh, Daisy, I don't know what a wellie and a swally...what those things are. What month would be a good time to visit? We are flexible...I will have to do some reading, but would prefer to come over when packing is easier. I like to take everything. I'm getting a bit excited thinking about it! Thanks for the direction. Maybe I can come hear you sing! Thanks for your kind words....Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

We aren't Kardashians here! We make a plan and stick to it to the end, not until it gets a little hard. Glad I'm not stuck on a desert island with one of those women...geeesh. Can you imagine calling it quits on a marriage after 72 days? What a joke....that one got me.....Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Can't help but think that marriage was just a major publicity stunt Byrdie

I'm so happy we had a Monday party for Ms Lola
                          Monday parties should be a regular thing around here!!

Lav is tired so it's time to wish everyone a safe night in the nest!!!!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well - in case you were wondering - we listened to Lola - bumped the what we want to achieve thread - and decided the three of us needed to get our heads out of our collective arses. Actually - I was more direct but eventually decided that arses sounded better.

So - at last tally - the three Wine whiners (who's resident Alien booze brains took over tonight) had joined forces on the other thread and kept each other on the straight and narrow.

But yes - I sat in the parking lot of the wine/gourmet grocery - and knew if I walked in to buy a dinner - I was doomed. I knew a Malbec (or two) would be coming home and that I'd be back to a day one and horrific guilt. And I looked longingly at the door, read the what I want to achieve thread, pulled out of the lot - went home and ate a frozen dinner, drank enough herbal tea to float a boat, and sucked down enough aminos/glutamine and GABA to chill out a Yeti.

Eventually - the booze brain has to quiet down. I hope.

Will one of you who's been at this longer pretty please with sugar on top PINKY swear that the booze brain will eventually quiet down - at least a little? (Lie if you have to.)

Day 12 complete. Day 13 - starts tomorrow. Onward.
                            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF - I'm still up & glad I am.......
                              Kudos to you for thinking it all the way through - you won a major battle tonight, I'm proud of you

YES, THE BOOZE BRAIN WILL QUIET DOWN!
                              Honestly if it didn't I would have given up ages ago!
                              For me I felt a big change around the 3 month point where I realized that I just didn't even think about drinking anymore. I was totally over it in just 3 months. You will begin to feel just a bit stronger in your commitment each & every day. Give yourself this chance now so you don't ever have to go through this again
                              You won't be sorry!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ronnie....way to go on 30 days! K9...you've got to be darn close to 30 yourself! This is a significant milestone....you worked hard for these days. And now, you have so much more to look forward to. AF life truly gets better and better!

PF, MightyMite, Daisy, lilla, Can'tBe and LolaB - what incredible support you've been giving to each other...that's the power of many....and it's marvelous...
                                Sober for the Revolution!
                                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X