ODAT - Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Saturday

BossM....I disagree, AF means Alcohol Free. It is not different for everyone. This interpretation is quite clear. At the same time, it is an accomplishment to go from over doing it and drunkeness to only one beer. But, to call ourselves Alcohol Free while still drinking alcohol is only fooling ourselves. The more we try to "Fool Ourselves" the harder this is to do!

Another example......if I buy organic tomatoes, I do not want the farmer to have "Interpreted Organic" as mostly without chemicals!!
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

I started to comment on AF but then deleted it. I didn't know what the thingy was at the end of PV's post and it may have been a laughing face so it may have been just a joke. I don't know PV very well but I think it was in jest. However, since it's on the table, I agree with kate. While everyone here is finding their own way to their own goal, an alcohol free day is just that. If allowances are made in the interpretation of it I think it diminishes it's significance in the sense of accomplishment for many.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Just for clarification, it was just for a giggle. Sorry for any offense.

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Hi ODATERS,
          If 1 beer is not AF then maybe we should call it NGD(not getting drunk).
          I had a chocolate with AL in it today, so i did not have AF day but NGD day HA!
          I wonder what book says about that.
          We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

PV...actually, I thought you were saying that in Jest!

Network....perhaps you have invented another new term.....NGT!

All....I can say is that living as a non-drinker is so much easier in the long run! Not playing mind games with myself and others, and not living with all the pitfalls and self destruction that trying to hold on to drinking brings along with it! I highly recommend it!
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

AF vs. NGD

I would have to say that we should consider AF to mean totally alcohol free. I really don't think it can be interpreted any other way. AF is AF. Moderation is having one or two and knowing when to stop. I remember a few weeks ago having had just half a drink and posing this same question...I knew I would have to go back to day one but was just hoping I didn't have to, but I did. We all do.

I like the NGD terminology, also the "modding" usage, as well as some of the new counting. Today I am 4/27/34. That is 4 AF days in a row, but overall total of 27 of the last 34 days without a drink!

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Hi. its actaully sunday here. but i am adding to saturday's thread because i made it through saturday. day four. yeah! glad to be with all you guys on this thread
                no time like the present

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

hi guys
                  Youmust be ashamed as I have given is so easily. You must be ashamed becuse I know I am!!!

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Shame is a wasted emotion, Ezz. Someone smart told me that.
                    We all stumble, then we pick ourselves up and start over again.

don't forget that at your lowest, you have thousands of arms and hearts here to pick you up!

Comment

Working...
                    X