Sad today :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad today

Oh sweety, i feel your sadness. I felt the same way. I really thought having all the 'tools' would help but i've learnt that you need to REALLY want this, yuo need to give it all or nothing and you need sooo much will power, it's unreal.
    It's true when people say don't be to hard on yourself. There is really no point sitting there hating yourself for something you can not change. The past is just that, the past. If you look back into it, don't look and say, god, i hate myself, look at why you drank, how you've felt and learn from it. Tomorrow is another day, brush yourself off and try again. It takes a lot. Some people just stop and stop for life (very few) most of us slip, slip and continue to slip until we understand what triggers us and we understand that drink really isn't the way forward. So for yourself and your children, SMILE a HUGE SMILE and say, right, tomorrow is day one. Get rid of all the drink and grit those teeth for you need to let your body get back at you through cravings for abusing it.
    Good luck hun and smile as tomorrow you WILL start again and be sober!!!

Comment

Sad today

you can do it

Summer, Ruby and everyone else. I, too, have felt very sad lately. I blame the cold weather and all the snow. Winter is a tough time for many.

You have received lots of good advice from strong and worthy people. Do not beat yourself up. You said you had several AF days--that's a great start! Better than none, right?

Yes, you need to be strong for your kids, they need you. How lucky for you to have such beautiful motivation. when you want a drink, call a time out for hugs and kisses--maybe that will do the trick.:l

Comment

Sad today

summer, You're description of your initial attempt to quit could have been written by me! I did the same thing, and unfortunately, more than once! But, don't give up! I didn't and I won't. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm closer. I managed 20 AF days this month! I'm going to match that next month and hopefully improve on it. It's progress.

Keep trying.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
        X