Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Welcome 2T!!! I've only been here a couple of days but I have found the support and the acceptance sooooo inspiring!!! I, too, was embarrassed by my drinking and didn't want anyone to know how bad it really was, but like you say....they probably knew. I have been AF for 4 days and I am just now today, starting to feel better. Just hang in there!!! We'll be here for you!

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Stashia & 2t

First step is the biggest one.
      Making your mind up that you want and deserve a better life than the one al provides you with.
      The rest of the steps are tiny little baby ones.
      One day at a time.

I'm on day2 so maybe not much of an inspiration?
      Keep reading the posts!
      We're all in the same boat.I never knew there were so many people from all over the world so much like me.
      xx annie
      "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
      Bring it on!

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

:welcome: 2T and congrats on two days! Well done. You have been given some great advice here. This is a wonderful place to be.

Hi Stashia ~ and :welcome: to you too. As the advice given to 2T, one of the first steps to take is downloading the book and looking into the supps. Also, keep reading and posting.

You will both soon find out how amazing and inspiring MWO support is.

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Hang in there!!!!!!! Nice job on day 2 AF!!!!!!! :goodjob: I just found this site a couple of weeks ago, and it has helped me tremendously! I tried AA many times but it didn't work that well for me, I think because I couldn't always make it to a meeting, and when I needed it there was no meeting. I tried the sponser, but I felt I was always imposing on them...just me. Anyway, I love it here, when I get the "HeeBee-GeeBee's" or feeling fuzzy I can come here and ramble on. I think it really helps to get your feelings out, and just write about it. It may be hard first to post, but go for it! I supp's do help the cravings and the mood, exercise is good. I take Sam-E, L-Glutamine, and Milk Thistle, which for is working excellent. Read the threads, take the advice, and keep busy! Go for it !!!!!!!
          You can do this !!!!!!! Hey, if I can make it to day 7, you can do it !!!!!!!! It's another beautiful spring day here in Maine and I'm enjoying it!! Wow, I feel good today!!:welcome:
          Only Those Who...Attempt The Absurd...Achieve The Impossible

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Welcome 2T!
            It helps a lot to try and understand the metabolic effects that alcohol has on you and your system. Start out by doing lots of research and try to order some supplements, they won't replace a drink but they will help you get over the hump when your really trying and need support. Try and be kind to yourself over the next few days in other ways rather that drinking. Your very welcome here. Ann
            Ann

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Hi 2T and Stashia,

Welcome! You've received great advice from all the others, I can't tell you how helpful it really has been for me. The first few days are the toughest but it does get better, honestly.
              I'm 3 weeks AF today, proud of it and feeling great. I still check in MWO several times per day for an extra boost of strength and encouragement.
              Please do the same for yourselves and you won't be disappointed, I promise

Best wishes for continued success.
              Lavande
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Thanks Lavande and well done you! gosh i cant remember when i was last af its been years i hope i can say tommorow im at 2 days af. lol stashia

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Hi Stashia, I have been on here a while but have only posted once before today. I saw your name and it drew me in. My mother's name was Statia! This is a wonderful place to be. I am struggling too but reading here for hours and hours has given me some hope. I am AF this time for 4 days had 13 years at one point. The supplements do help and the book is an inspiration.

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

hi labear sorry i didnt see your note am trying to sus how we navigate round this board. 4 days is great well done! what happened after 13 years? wow thats an amazing acheivment. thanks for talking to me lol s

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Stashia :welcome: You have made the first big step by coming here and posting. I have almost 3 months AF and I couldn't have done it with out the people on this site. How about checking out the newbies nest. It's a great plan to start until you learn your way around a bit. Once you do you might want to check out the toolbox thread in the monthly abstinence section. There is lots of advice there on how to deal with cravings and setting up a plan of action. Keep coming back and posting and reading. Good luck.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                      X