Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

I'm so glad I found this site. I really want to better my life, but lately I just drown my sorrows in a bottle or 2. I'm scared and too embaressed to go to AA and I really don't want everyone and their dog to know I have a serious problem. However, being totally honest I think they all ready know. Everything in my life was turned upside down this summer and since then my drinking steadly got worse. So bad infact I stay in bed one to two days a week because I've totally over done it the night or afternoon before.
    I don't know what to do or where to start. I just know I haven't made any progress yet and at this rate IDK. I want to be a better mother and friend.
    Please if you have any advice let me know. This is my second day sober and I all ready feel tempted. I don't know where to start.

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Welcome to MWO...there are a great group of people here to help support you in your goals...Start by downloading the MWO book...Read and post often. I look forward to getting to know you.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Hello 2T, welcome to you.
      Yes, the book will give you some good information to put a plan and tools together to help you. There are supplements, CDs and meds if you need them. Well done on 2 days, thats a great start. The support here is amazing and reading and posting will help keep your resolve...its well worth the initial struggle.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Welcome! Do you know how to get to chat yet? That's a good place to start. Like Evielou said, read and post often. Ask questions about your concerns and whatnot. No need to be shy here!
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

2tempting, welcome if this is your second day sober you're on your way and you've MADE progress. I know what you mean about the embarressment, I've been there too. I did attempt AA but it just wasn't for me. of course some people might know, but might want to deal with it. Alcohol problems is really hard for some people to deal with, who knows, some of these people might not want to talk to you about it because they have their own issues with alcohol abuse or misuse or have a family member in the same situation.

I really recommend the book by Roberta and the supplements. I personally don't take the topamax just the supplements and I just started a guided meditation by Iyanla Vanzant which I think is helping.

I've stayed in bed too, because I've abused my body so badly with AL but that passes, just look forward, you can do this because you've already taken the first step. I'm not saying you won't have ups and downs and slips but if you continue coming here, reading, posting how you're feeling and what support you need the journey will be a little easier.

I love this website, it's helped me a great deal. I've had my rollercoster rides but I don't lose hope because that's all I have.

Take care and hope to hear more about you. Have you visited the newbie's thread under just starting. there are other threads there that are very helpful, check it out and post. we're here to help!:welcome:
          :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
          ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

2 tempting,
            Welcome. Hang in there. The first 4 days can be rough. But it does get easier, really. As Evie said-come here often, read,post. There really is alot of support.
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Welcome 2tempting!

I'm so glad you found us! Congratulations on your second day AF! I agree with the others, read the My Way Out book, stay here, keep reading and posting.

At one point I was drinking nightly and blacking out nightly but not any more. This forum has helped me tremendously.

Your friend,
              Becoming
              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

U came to the Right Place

Welcome 2T: I am new here too. And you will find MWO to be a very enlightening place to be. As for AA it definetly is not for everyone. An acquaintance of mine did not do so fine at AA because of male advances. And yep she did say up front she was only lookning for Soberiety. There may be some better AA's I don't know.

This is a Great place to start ! ! ! And Big Congrats on 2 days AF. I can't wait to say the same. God Bless!

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

:welcome: 2tempting

Can't add much to what's been said already... I'd start with the book, then plan your way out. You may also want to check out the toolbox thread - some really great stuff there to help you cope.

Again, welcome and good luck!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Welcome 2T -- you will find support and genuine caring people here. Come often and post a lot. Getting sober is a process with its ups and downs. But in the end definitely better than living life with sickness, anxieties, depression, shame, etc. I wish you the very best and God bless you.
                    Matt

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

Hi 2T Welcome to our support nest, where no one judges, we just are here for you when you need us, and hopefully when one we need you, you will be there for us as well. Our support structure here is unbelievable!
                      stay close for the next while while you begin your journey to sobriety.
                      We are here for you!
                      DLW
                      Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                      And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                        Today is a Mystery
                        Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

2T....I'm new here too...We all need each other here!
                        RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

:welcome:
                          Welcome to the most wonderfully supportive place in the world. This site will be your lifeline!

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

You can only take one day at a time hon!!

:l
                            "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

Comment

Hi I'm new!!! Need Help!

hi every one im a new mwo member as of today i know little about aids to going af but have been reading everyones advice. im only on my first af day and am scared. i am ashamed of the states i get into and am fed up of waking up with cuts or bruises i know nothing about. what should be my first step . stashia

Comment

Working...
                              X