This will end my marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job panicked! I find it to be a huge benefit to be sober when life's little problems such as car break downs occur. I am MUCH better able to keep my cool and solve the problem without alcohol making me crazy. Or getting me arrested. I would NOT want to be broken down on the side of the road after drinking and have a police officer come along. (actually, I'm mortified that I ever drove with even ONE drink in me...people die that way...but that's another topic...)

Keep up the great work. You can do this.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi, Day 4 and I won't drink today.

I found the following on a stop smoking forum and thought it applied very well to drinking as well:

"It's been so long since we've touched and since I've held you. I can remember how you smell and taste, but it doesn't bring the memories I thought it would. I thought I was so in love with you...I thought I needed you so very badly, but now when I think about you, I only think about the deceit, the lies, the hate, the hurt, and the disease."
      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
      AF May 23 09 to July 09
      AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

yay

hang in there Panicked
        We can all do this:goodjob::h

Comment

Panicked - just wanted to say good job - keep going!! B x
          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

It's funny, I drove past my local, as I always have to on my way home - it's just up on the corner - and I've never noticed the HUGE, and I mean HUGE sign facing the road that says "Want a Drink?" Not a good sign to notice at this point. Strange that I've only just noticed it. It's been there for years, but I never took it in. Instead I took the dogs down to the beach. They got a swim and I enjoyed the walk. I'm going to try to do that every day. What was the first thing I thought of tho, when I walked in the door. A glass of wine. It's a habit I have always enjoyed after a walk on the beach. So I had a glass of Cranberry juice instead. Maybe I can replace the wine habit with the Cranberry.
            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
            AF May 23 09 to July 09
            AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

You will be able to panicked, keep on doing what you are doing, exercising and positve thoughts. Soon those thoughts will be your prevalent ones, not the old alk ones...well done!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
              X