Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick rant.. hoping it works!

:argh: :argh: arrggghhh!!

trying to let it out before i crack up...

theres a bottle of wine in my kitchen - my boyfriend bought it- he thinks he's being nice as he left it for me whilst hes gone for a night out with his friends (he doesn't really understand my problem). i'm already thinking that i can drink it and then buy another one that is the same - hide one of the empty bottles and pretend i've only had the one and he wont know how much ive had to drink. i I dont put this much thought into any thing else!!

i'm ignoring it... going for a bath.. the shop shuts in twenty minutes, if i get n the bath i cant go.

Get in that bath Shelley! And then have a word with bf and tell him you are off the booze for a while...tell him anything just to keep out of temptations way...
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Shelly

Good luck Shelly. I agree you better have a talk with that BF. :elk:

ll
      Starting over again
      ray:

Comment

Oh my god, you have a rant. That is sooo not helpful. If i was you i would tip it down the sink and tell him please please please don't buy me drink anymore and explain why!
        I hope you've made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree: bath and sit down with BF for a heart to heart. Good luck and you did the right thing to come to MWO.
          Matt

Comment

My advice: open the bottle and tip it down the sink, in front of him. Bet he would never buy it for you again.

Does he know you're trying to quit/moderate? If so, he's a saboteur and needs a serious talking-to. If not, it's time for you to do the talking, to explain what's what. Best of luck!

Comment

Oh, sh*t shelly!

I know you're in the Uk as am I BUT I don't know what time you posted you're message.

So, there are 2 scenarios ...

1) you posted it, opened the bottle of wine and started to drink it

or

2) you've been a VERY good girl and the bottle is still there intact (VERY good girl!)

If it was me and was the 1st, then If he was going to bed I'd go to bed

If it was the 2nd, then you've already had 1 or 2 glasses or more .... they've been consumed - don't feel guilty. Either decide now to go to bed and have a chocolate or biscuit or just go to bed quite happily with no more wine.

Whatever your decision, my friend Shelly, don't beat yourself up tomorrow. Would you do the same thing to a good friend if she was in front of you??? No - pretend she's that person in the mirror and say just what's needed (IF it's needed, but not too much). Frankness is always a start, but beating yourself up is not at all necessary.
              xxxx
              :l
              Night night xx

Comment

Shelley, how did you do? If you drank any...don't beat yourself up, but please discuss this with your BF!
                RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Working...
                X