MWO PROGRAM thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MWO PROGRAM thread

1mc, Yes, we can! I think journaling is a good idea. I am not sure how I feel about the AF wines, but it's time to try anything and everything!
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Dill, it is great to care about people but when you begin to feel as if you are a tree being pecked at by woodpeckers it is time to set your boundaries especially if listening to them fuels your desire to drink. We should be "our priority" and there is nothing wrong with that. I think it's great to try and help others as long as doing so doesn't affect our well-being. Dill, I am very psyched for March. I need to do this for me. As Pink says in her song Sober (and I paraphrase) "this isn't how I want my story to end" We can all do this. I get such a sense of strength from this thread and I know it is possible. Have a great evening and know that I think of you each during my day.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Cuckoo, I am psyched, too. I am going to make a plan today. I know what the most important part of the plan is: don't buy wine. Don't have it in the house. That's the cornerstone of the plan. But, I will do other things as well. The supps, the CDs, this thread and maybe a journal. You are right. We can do this. And we can have a happy ending to our stories.

It's true about me needing to set boundaries. That is why I am going to take more mini time to myself breaks at work. Thanks so much for 'listening'.

Have a great day!
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Hey Dill, cuckoo and other to come. I 'm feeling much better today, thank God. I had a good therapy session last night and it really helped me because I was able to let out how I was feeling and had a good cry. All week I was focusing on what I did wrong; feeling guilt, shame and sadness but I was able to look beyong and think about what to do to make this better and not have it happen again. Being proactive and coming up with solutions will help me. I'm also working on a plan Dill. Part of it is the journal, supplements, light exercise, and thinking about doing something after work like vounteer work or take a class. Going home and being alone is one of my triggers so I really have to pay attention to that. So I have lots to think about this weekend along with tons of housework.

Will check in again later this afternoon. hope everyone is doing well.
          :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
          ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

I've watched the you tube of Sober, by Pink 3 times this morning. It's the one Cuckoo posted elsewhere on the site. Thanks Cuckoo. Psyching up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyar7QzRidw[/video]]YouTube - Pink - Sober (With Lyrics)
            Dill

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Hey, Cuckoo and 1mc, Hope you had good days. I managed my personal boundaries a bit better today, thank you very much! I'll check in tomorrow.
              Dill

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Dill and 1MC, I'm feeling such excitement from you both. 1MC, I come home alone too and that is a huge trigger for me. One thing I'm going to do to help is make sure I have a plan for the evening so my first impulse is not to grab a drink. I think going to the gym will help and walking my dogs instead of just letting them out in the yard.

Dill, thanks for posting the song again. She really sums up so many of my thoughts in that song.

Tomorrow I will be cleaning the house but my main focus will be on finalizing a plan for staying AF. Will let you know tomorrow my list of weapons.

Pnut, hope you are making out okay on your trip and sticking with your plan.

To all can't wait to start the March thread. So ready to get this monkey off my back.

Have a good night, will look for you tomorrow.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Great Thread!
                  I've been MIA for a while now, but I'm ready to jump in and am aiming to do 40 days AF, in conjunction with lent. I'm not especially religious, it just seemed like a good time to commit to being without my crutch, and to contemplating my use of alcohol. I've had a long history of struggling with depression, and I know that alcohol has been a huge part of that....Both a cause and an effect.

I'm on day 3 today, and would love to join you all on this journey. I'm excited! See you all soon. Sara
                  "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Welcome Sara. We are getting very psyched for March and you are more than welcome to join us. We have been developing plans to help us in our fight. Stay tuned. We are excited too, Sara.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

New

:new:I am new and just learning the program. Any advice is appreciated.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Hi chelelm, welcome. The only advice I can offer is to decide what you want (absinence or moderate) and then make a plan as to how you want to achieve your goal. Try to anticipate triggers that make you want to drink and plan for them. Follow the program with the book, the supps, and the cds and most important of all make the commitment to yourself that you will achieve your goal even if it is a minute at a time. Good luck and look forward to reading your posts.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Welcome Sara and chelem.

Sara, you sound committed and that's great! Chelem, I second what cuckoo says and also suggest that you do a lot of reading and posting on this website. There's lots to learn here, and plenty of inspiration and support.

Tomorrow is March 1. Do you think we should start a fresh MWO thread for the new beginning of March?
                          Dill

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Hey everybody! WOW! Feels like forever since I posted - Sounds like everybody has a plan and is determined!

Yes, start a new thread for March! It will be a fresh start for you guys and like welcoming in Spring!

Dill - you are a speech therapist? That's really interesting - a few weeks ago I spent a day at a daycare for medically fragile children and they had a speech therapist. She really worked with children who had oral aversions and did not like to eat . They didn't like the texture or sensation of food in their mouths and she would come in at mealtimes and work with them on chewing and swallowing. It was really cool
                            because it's just not what I thought Speech therapy was for. Okay, so Dill I am concerned that you are having to listen to everyone elses s***. I understand that they are your friends, but you cannot be their personal sounding board. How can you concentrate on yourself and being AF when you have a storm of peoples stresses being aimed at you? Maybe you could suddenly remember that you are "very Busy" or you " forgot to do something" when they start up? Or carry a journal with you, and immediately write things down and "let them go" so you don't have to stew over it at home. Maybe if all of that work stuff is not with you when you go home, you will feel lighter and be able to concentrate on yourself! Keep up the good fight!!

Hey cuckoo! sounds like you have plan in place too! I really enjoy when you post songs - when you posted Pink, I put it straight to the iPod. Love that song!

Hey Peanut! How goes it with the training? Are you home from your trip yet?

Welcome Sara and Chelelm!

Hey 1MC, Glad you are feeling better!

Just an aside, we MIGHT get a sprinkling of snow tomorrow!! Ya'll know that's a big deal down here!!

BTW-Wednesday was 8 weeks and tomorrow is 60 days AF! I am going to celebrate by writing yet another paper and THEN...studying for a test. I know, don't be jealous of my rock star life! I have even picked out my outfit...fat fluffy red socks, pajama pants, and WHATEVER tshirt comes out of the closet first. And shoes for the occasion if I should need to go outside, wait for it.............................bright yellow rubber garden shoes! WOOHOO, party at my house!

You guys have a great day!

Cat
                            Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                            -Alan Cohen

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Good morning
                              Everyone sounds great! I agree we should start a new thread for march. Cat great to hear from you, I was wondering how you were doing. Welcome sara and chelelm, keep checking the thread and posting, we're here for each other.

Dill thanks for re-posting the song, it really helped me yesterday. Cuckoo yes, the important thing is to have a plan for when I get home because that's a huge trigger for me. Yesterday was not a problem, my partner was home when I got home and we had a nice dinner, watched tv and talked. But I know that once monday rolls around I will have to have my plan ready.

I started a thread on general with this self esteem exercise I got from daily om. What you do is write down 5 things you like about yourself everyday for one week. After the week is over you stand in front of the mirror and read all of the things your wrote about why you like yourself. it's a way of reflecting the positive things about us rather then standing in front the mirror and see all of the negatives. I know that when I drink, I don't even like to look at myself in the mirror so this will be very helpful for me. When you get a chance read the thread in general.

Hope everyone has a great saturday.
                              :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                              ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

1MC, just checked out the post and thank you. Definitely will give it a go.

Cat Belle, congratulations on 8 weeks. You inspire me with your dedication and I love your wardrobe selection for today's celebration. It may not be red-carpet attire but certainly sounds comfortable and colorful.

Dill, I am really getting psyched.

Have a great day, all.

Comment

Working...
                                X