MWO PROGRAM thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MWO PROGRAM thread

Hey Upnorth, Sea, and others to come. I'm glad we're continuing with this thread. I did notice that I didn't write the month on the thread, guess we can do that next week when we're on week 2.

I'm calling my Dr. today about the baclofen. I'm half way thought the book and it's a great book, scary to read the reality of AL but gives you a picture of the emotional and physcial pain he went through, and the loss.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great monday and reaches their goal today
    Go Team! we can do this!:cheering:
    :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
    ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

I dont know what the thread is, but, I am in too. Not doing well. I need all the support I can get.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Hi Blanchie --- this thread is for all doing the MWO program .... be it AF or Modding, but most here find that AF is what we all need at the moment. Some are doing it with all the supps recommended, others are doing with just some of the supps, and again others (like me) are just using this site for support (along with my daily vitamins) ... I tried the L-Glut and Kudzu back in the summer, but didn't find they made a difference. .... so this is the MWO (My Way Out) thread done "My Way". .... at least that's my take on it!

So, Welcome ... we're all here for each other.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Hi Sea and Blanchie! Glad you're joinging in here! We are all here to support each other. Hi, ND. I'm on day one here. 1MC, the baclofen sounds like it might be a good idea! Let us know how it goes for you.

Hi Cat, Pnut and UNG and all to come. I'm still working on a team name. I was thinking along the lines of a certain red bird, but then that team lost the superbowl yesterday. Much as I was rooting for the caridnals, well, we need a winning name. So, back to the drawing board! I never really was too good an "naming" things.

I'm going to be putting a check mark on my calendar for today! Hurray! Hope you all are doing well with your goals.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Hello everyone
            I spoke with my dr yesterday. She didn't think baclofen was a good idea. She really didn't know that it was being used off label for AL craving so she was looking at it while we were on the phone. From what she saw, only two studies have been done, I guess she thought it wasn't enough evidence to be considered for craving. She's is suggesting campral which is fda recognized for AL dependence. I think someone mentioned that they were on campral, can anyone tell me their experience on campral?

Hope everyone is doing well and achieve their goal today!
            :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Hi 1More ---- sorry, I can't answer that, but someone will pop on and help out. In the meantime, there is a forum here that discusses all the various meds and supps ... go to the "My Way Out Forums" and you'll see it. Lots of info there.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Hi Team!!!

Just a quick hello here. I am being run off my feet at work here, getting tired = TRIGGER. All I can think of when I start to feel like dropping is wine and cigarettes. This must stop. I am sitting now though, while everybody else goes for coffee and I enter data and visit you peeps! Last night it was One Minute at a Time. I was involved in a book, kept looking at my watch. At 8:45 I said to myself, only 15 more minutes and the liquor store will be closed and the choice is gone gone gone!! So I did it. Phew!! Then I was able to get up and clean up and putter.

Must keep working, but just wanted to say hi to everybody. I will take some time tonight hopefully and read through the threads, see what everybody is up to!

Tata!
                xoxo peanut

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

1MC, I am on Campral. I don't know if it is helping or not. Thing is, I don't think for me, that it has killed the cravings but just reduces them. So even if the edge is off the cravings, (which I think it does do that) you still have to have a determination not to drink. I think any medication can only just help, but you have to have the resolve. I'm in and out on the resolve, unfortunately.

Pnut, I hear you. This quitting is just as hard as ever, isn't it? Not that I intend to give up, but, it IS hard, even with a support group!

Hi All!

Here's where I'm at: I read suggestions that you should change your environment so that you don't have to face your triggers. Suggestions like, don't drive by the liquor store on your way home, get all alc out of the house, change friends, change places/activites. Well, some of us have built a place within our lives FOR alc. I mean, I haven't done anything outrageous to get into this trouble..., I buy wine in the grocery store where I buy groceries. I can't stop buying groceries. All the grocery stores around here carry wine. I drink AT HOME mostly, how do I change my home? Home is a trigger. I cook at home. Cookin is a trigger. I drink mostly by myself. My dear husband does not drink. I don't go somewhere with certain people to drink. I am my own trigger. How do I avoid myslelf? Well, obviously, I can't. How do I change myself? That's what I'm grappling with.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Can't wait until my DR appt. Tuesday so I can get Antabuse!

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Hi everyone. Do you mind if I join the thread. I just pulled out my CD's again. Would like the company.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Welcome Cuckoosnest!, The more the merrier!
                        UNG, let us know how it goes with the antabuse!
                        Dill

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Good morning. Thanks for the welcome, dill. I'm off to work and no alcohol last night. I posted this link to the lyrics of a Pink song on another thread. I hope some of you get out of it what I did.

Lyrics.com - your music community with the largest searchable lyrics database.

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Cuckoosnest, Thanks for the song. It was a good way to get the right mindset for today. Let's go for an AF day. Watch out for that witching hour!
                            Dill

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Hello everyone
                              hope everyone is doing well. welcome cuckoosnest, love that song I'm going to download it to my ipod. well another great day today, no hangover. good luck with the antibuse upnorth, let us know how it goes.

I have to go to this "important" dinner tonight, one of those pompous Ivy league functions and I know the AL is going to be flowing so I need to stay strong because I don't want to drink today.

Hope everyone has a great day

Comment

MWO PROGRAM thread

Hey everybody!! How goes it?

It is cooolllldd here, BRRRRRRR!

1MC, Good luck with that tonight, you can do it!! Besides, it may be quite entertaining to see all those "pompous" peeps not looking quite so graceful after a few drinks!

Cuckoo, love the song, it's goin' to my iPod...actually just heard it for the first time yesterday, but didn't get the words. Thanks and welcome!

Upnorth, what's up? Good luck at the DR next week, until then, KEEP STRONG! We are all a team!

-BTW, did anybody come up w/a team name??

Hey ND, when are you going to visit your friend in Australia? It is Australia, right? Will you be able to keep in touch there?

Peanut, how do you run when it's so effing cold. It is 15F here, I poked my nose out and said no way!!

Diil, I like your post earlier about changing the environment - we are in the same boat. I drank at home, didn't go out to drink, bought wine as I grocery shop, drank as I cooked, etc. etc. I had to change all of what I did at home, and it was very uncomfortable, still is at times...when I'm tired, angry, blah blah blah

Hope everyone has a fantabulous day!!

Day 36 today -
                                Cat
                                Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                                -Alan Cohen

Comment

Working...
                                X