Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking Mary Jane.

Hey everyone.

Yeah. Not so sure what was going on with me. Guess It will stay a once off. I guess I just needed to hear it from you guys. I just get bored and miss the buzz AL used to give me. It's shameful I know.

Upnorth.. it is illegal. Even here in SA where it is widely tollerated though. (But so is drinking and driving which I used to do.)

I am still in the phase where I am trying to deal with my sober life and I am sure in a couple of months it will be all better. At the moment I am still struggling.

Thanks for your feedback and I hope you guys can understand me. I guess the reality is that I am not just an alcoholic but an addict in general.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

I guess, as IAD says "we're pros" Not proud of that one. I was having very similar thoughts just yesterday. I was even making up a good/bad, pros/ cons, yes/no, what I like/what I don't like chart in my mind about smoking pot. This after being weed-free for 20 years! I was thinking I will not drink alcohol but I'd like to "relax". hmmmm. Hubby smokes pot every day so it is available, yes it is illegal and I would loose my job if busted. Just played with the thoughts and realized that is not what I need in my life right now. I think you know the answer for yourself, Johnny.
      sigpic

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

yeah. I know it was a bad idea. I got caught in the moment (btw, is that weed growing in your backyard (behind the flowers) -- sorry couldn't help it ;P )
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

hi J,i worked with a fella,30 years ago,he was a none drinker,he and his wife smoked weed,like the normal drinker it was not abused,but on the other side,my best freind growing up,experimented with everything,and i mean everything,at the young age of 44,they found him in his home 3 days after he passed,heroine over dose,but most dont understand Al can do the same,i wish you well J,gyco

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

Hi Gyco,

Thank very much for your response. Always appreciated.

I went through a bit of an experimental phase just after school and got out of it alive. That is definately nothing I would ever considering now. The weed thing.... Well I got the point. I did it on the weekend, not proud of it and will in all likelyhood not do it again and definately not regularly use.

AL is out of the question. And you are absolutely right Gyco, that is the exact prob with AL. it's publicly perceived to be such a harmless thing, popular, nothing wrong with it. But reality is it's one of the most addictive and dangerous substances of them all.
            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

Johnny, I am glad you are rethinking your stance on this. Its so much better to find a real life buzz than a chemical one.
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

alternative

sex, Johnny, sex.
                Or a really good book.
                Or a hot bath.
                Or tea.
                Or a brisk walk.
                Or...pretty much anything else.

Comment