My worst fear came true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My worst fear came true

Terri -- as to meds, you might ask your doctor about antabuse. I have used it with good results. When you take it in the morning it simply ends the argument about whether or not to drink that day and the next and the next. Therefore, it launches you on a non drinking spell. Without it, I think I might still be drunk. Good luck.
    Matt

Comment

My worst fear came true

Thanx guys, I do really need to hear what everyone has to say. I have read the book but quite a while ago, and then I spent the last year or so, kidding myself that I can drink responsibly. Taking the medication scared the hell out of me, especially since it was stated that it can make you "fuzzy" and unable to think quickly, which is what I need to do, seeing as I am learning Internet Marketing - gotta keep up with things.

Also I live in Australia and wonder if these meds are available in Aus, under the same names.. I will take everyone's advice and re- read the book, and also read the forum on medications.

It is time to take action, I drank more than I wanted again last night, and I just beat myself up in the morning.

My husband is also a heavy drinker as well as our friends (birds of a feather) and I used the excuses that I couldn't change because it would upset the apple cart, I know you all know what I am talking about, they are just excuses. I can be a non drinker (or occasional) and still have these friends - at least I can be the designated driver!!!! Which would suit them all no doubt.

So back to the MWO book, Thanx everyone for your support.
      Terri
      Hey.....Life is good:yougo::crazymonkey::cheering:

Comment

My worst fear came true

have we got stories

Terri--I think most of us could relate some pretty embrassing stories for you. How about walking around stinking drunk at a party asking people to touch your butt (or so I am told since I do not remember it). Or falling into a table full of appetizers? Or dialing under the influence (DUI) and spilling secrets? My pal at work says he just laid down and woke up to a dog peeing on him.

It is these things I need to hold onto when I crave AL. So no need to feel bad about yourself. Move forward and forget those days.

Comment

My worst fear came true

Hi Upnorthgirl, I never thought to hold onto the awful things that happened, I always try to push them away - and tell myself I don't really have a problem - ha!

It's a good strategy, the humiliation of it will hopefully keep us on track. Thank you for sharing those stories, it takes a lot of courage to admit that you did those things. Isn't it awful when people remind you of things the following day, and you can't remember. OMG I think its more humiliating to admit to yourself that you have a problem with the grog. So many people will not admit this to themselves.

I remember once having a conversation with my hubby and said we were alcho's - he would not admit it and we abstained from alcohol for 1 week (about 15 yrs ago) to prove it to ourselves. Once the week was over, we just about skulled the first couple of drinks - Not alco's, yeah right - but we convinced ourselves that because we could go without it for a week, we didn't have a prob. 15 years later and it is 10 times worse.
          Hey.....Life is good:yougo::crazymonkey::cheering:

Comment

Working...
          X