This is hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is hard

Don?t get me wrong I feel great not waking up hung-over and not making an ass out of myself. BUT THIS IS REALLY HARD!!!!! I have never gone this long in the past ten years without AL?.nope never. Yes I had a baby, and I?m very ashamed to say that I did drink while I was pregnant. Part of my reason this time to be AF is we are trying for baby #2, needless to say I?m not going to drink during pregnancy again.

Really this is hard.
    Last night out of control February 3, 2009. I'm not doing it again, I'm doing this for my daughter.

This is hard

Yep, Jamie, it IS difficult.... otherwise we wouldn't be here

Trying to get pregnant has got to be THE most wonderful reason to quit, though! I'm glad you are stopping now... good luck!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

This is hard

Yes, it's hard... what are you doing to help with the difficult spells? Want some ideas? Read through the "tool box" thread on the "Goals" > "Monthly Abstinence" section. And then you have to put some of the ideas into play... see what helps you, and use whatever helps. OK?

Comment

This is hard

this place helps make it easier

you're doing great. breath.
        We are all here to hear your stories, fears, challenges and sucesses. :l
        a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

This is hard

Thanks everyone. I know I need to sit down and breath, don't let the stress get to me. Just keep looking forward.
          Last night out of control February 3, 2009. I'm not doing it again, I'm doing this for my daughter.

Comment

This is hard

JamieAZ, how many days AF now? i found I went through many different phases. not clearly defined but more like 'cycles' of feelings. this most definitely DOES get better and more comfortable with days behind you. And ditto on checking out the 'toolbox' threads. experiment! live!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

This is hard

Hi Jamie

Also trying for a baby here. I didn't drink with my previous 2 pregnancies, had zero urge but I can't take anything for granted with no3, and I won't know how I feel about AL until I get pregnant. In my case I am taking it one AF weekend at a time, it is hard but it will be worth it for your peace of mind.

Comment

This is hard

I love babies!

How wonderful that some of you are trying to have babies, either the first or second time. LUCKY you--that you can bring that bundle of joy into the world.

When your cravings hit, look at the children you have (when they are looking and acting sweet). Or find someone else's baby to look at. MIRACLES, that's what they are. The FUTURE, that's what they are.

Strength in babies???

Comment

This is hard

hi jam,as up, said look at the bundle of joy,the baby will always put a smile on your face,like AL DRINKING,everything takes time,even making a nother little one,i wish you well gyco

Comment

This is hard

Hi Gia,

I'm also on day 6, congrats to both of us!

I really do look at my daughter when I have a craving for AL. It helps.

Comment

This is hard

Jamie -- wonderful on 6 days AF. Yes, it is very hard. AL is a beast and hard to beat. But worth all the pain. It is a process -- as you know. Unfortunately, no easy turn off switch. Good luck and God bless.
                      Matt

Comment

This is hard

you've got it, Gia!

"...my body is starting to love me again..."

that's what it is all about, isn't it? Healthy body, healthy misn, healthy relationships...

Comment

This is hard

Tomorrow will be 1 week AF for me.

Everyone is right, a pregnancy/baby is totaly worth it to be AF. I don't know what state of mind I was in my first pregnancy, I do know I was selfish.

Comment

Working...
                          X