X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday May 15

Where is everyone??

Anyway, HI.

Day 1. Need I say more?? I just changed my mood thingy to "Learning" in hopes I am...!

I justified yesterday's "fling" because I realized that I wouldn't be able to drink today, Sat. or Sun. (HUH?)

The odd thing is that for the 4 days before AF, I really had no or few strong cravings. Yesterday, the urge was very strong... and I (honestly) didn't want to fight it due to reason above.

I just Can't (don't want to) tell myself that I really shouldn't drink.. at all.. ever. Can't go there. I'm praying I won't be Forced for some horrible reason to "go there"!!

Feeling a bit groggy. Gee, I wonder why.
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

ODAT - Friday May 15

Hey Savvy,

Yes, where is everyone today? As per our discussion yesterday, YES I do understand how we reason our way into getting a drink. We justify it to serve our purposes.

As I said yesterday, I have done the same thing. Example... Hmm, I have plans to go to Busch Gardens on Saturday, so I dont want to be hungover, so therefore I guess since its Thursday, I better get my drink on!!! I guess its called planning drunk, but any way which you slice it, its still just crazy and hurtful.

I've mentioned this before but I also never count days. For some reason I find it self defeating. I have a BIG calendar on my wall, and I honestly write down everytime and how many drinks in BIG numbers on my calendar. The goal of the calendar is to minimize my drinking every month lower and lower till down to a minimal number I am personally satisfied with. Crazy? Im not sure, but it does seem to be working. I have only 4 drinking days for the month of May, so progress? I would like to believe so.

Happy Friday everyone and have a weekend meeting your goals.

Love Overit.
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT - Friday May 15

This is sooo wierd !

I've been reading this thread & occ posting & mostly its been just chit chat . I first joined on Monday & have felt I could do this & then hit a big Friday night blip . I went off to do the supermarket shop for dinner & there they went --- 2 bottles of wine into my trolley ! 1 Still not quite sure how they got there !!!!

I'm now sat here with a glass of wine & felt like a pathetic idiot . I just decided to log on & there were your 2 posts saying you'd had a drink too . So now I feel like its ok if I'd had a blip it doesnt mean I have to give up on trying like i" ve always done before, but to look at it that hey , I havent drunk at all for 4 days & didnt really even miss it ----& that really is something for me.

Cant remember your names ( but I think one is Savvy? )---It doesnt show the thread once I start typing - sorry ---but thankyou both so much for saying what you did today . It makes me feel I still am getting somewhere.

really grateful ... have a great weekend & hope the weather is a lot better with you than it is here in south England!!

Comment

ODAT - Friday May 15

Hi Everyone! Day 5 for me and the first day I really want a glass of wine. FIne for the other days, but like you am justifying it in my mind. Today I took the day off to do a walk-a-thon for my middle daughters school. Lovely weather here in PA and so nice to spend some time with her. Not hungover! But I really want to go out and get a nice bottle of wine, but I am staying on here till that damn urge passes. Hate AL the bastard. But I am so weak. Not craving it physically, but wanting it mentally - does that even make sense? Augh. Anyway, let's stick together. As long as we are doing our best and keep supporting each other I am sure we can win this thing. A few days without my wine is a victory for me. Now if I can do the weekend AF, THAT will be a major victory! Take care everyone and I pray that we can all be strong. If not, we will get back on that AF bandwagon again and start the hell over. We will be ok.

Love Kat

Comment

ODAT - Friday May 15

Hi Bubblex - Your post made me realize (again!) how we never know how our posts will affect someone... Even if the post is sort of negative, it still can do someone good!

Overit, Capa - glad someone finally posted. I was beginning to feel like I needed to change deodorants or something!

Still wondering where the usual suspects are! Greenie, Madmum, Lavande... etc.??

Hope everyone's just out having fun.
          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Friday May 15

Hi Savy, Over it and Bubblex

I also had a drink last night. But I am attempting to modd at the moment and I actually feel like it was a success. I shared a bottle of red wine with husband over dinner and did not open another bottle as I would usually. No ill effects this morning either. Feels like I might actually be making progress! AF tonight too.

Bubblex - don't give up trying. Have a look at the new weekend thread.

Savy, I'm going to hold you to those 3 days - Fri, Sat and Sun did I hear you say?
            If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

ODAT - Friday May 15

Capa, I think the biggest part of the battle is mental, not physical. Otherwise, why would we feel like crap all morning and day, then by 5:00 our minds have changed? That is totally mental. Glad you enjoyed the day with your daughter, and hang in there.

Comment

ODAT - Friday May 15

OK I am back to day one as well. I tossed my moderation out the window and lost it last night, feeling very horrible (emotionally and physically) today. I talked myself into it "I'll just have one, to be social" etc etc, and consumed a bottle and a half of wine, and pizza and loads of fatty food, after cleansing out my system all week with herbs and supplements, water and gym work, and I am disgusted with myself for letting it all go.

However, today is another day, and I can drink lots of water, get back on track with my diet and exercise, I know a gym session and a shower will make a huge difference, so here's my plan to move forward.
                1. Take some herbs and my supplements.
                2. Go and get my car from my friend's house, stupid me thought I could drive there).
                3. Go to the gym for a workout and sweat out the booze while drinking copious amounts of water.
                4. Have a long shower, give myself a mini facial to rehydrate my skin.
                5. Watch my daughter do ballet.
                6. Do a grocery shop and buy lots of healthy fruit and vegetables.

I don't hate myself quite so much now.

Thanks for listening to my tale of woe.

Miss B

Comment

ODAT - Friday May 15

Excellent, EXCELLENT, Miss Blossom!

I'm inspired. I may do a facial now - lol.

Comment

ODAT - Friday May 15

Right, I took my chinese herbs and the supplements, got my car, went to the gym, had a shower, sewed up my daughter's tights for ballet, did her bun, watched my daughter at ballet, went to the mall, treated myself to a new vest and cardigan, bought school shoes and a movie for my daughter, and a movie for myself, for next time my husband goes out and I am all alone and tempted - at least I have something to look forward to.

I feel much better, haven't had any pain killers to deal with this hangover and am remarkably fresh - considering.

The irony is, the friend I was drinking with last night is a psychologist with a rehab clinic.

Anyhoo, off to have a sleep this afternoon, i'm currently having a well deserved cup of tea, and feeling so much more positive than when I first woke up.

MB

Comment

ODAT - Friday May 15

Hey everybody...hope you are all doing well! I'm glad to be back from my overseas trip and get on this site again...wished I would have visited it while away...although I wasn't terrible, I did not go AF. Looking forward to try for the AF life again! Last10

Comment

Working...
                      X