Prescription Meds should wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to site and haven't read MWO book, yet. Wondering whether most members pursued meds at same time as supplements, exercise and CDs.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome Lemonhead.

I personally did the meds (Topa) but many here have quit drinking without the meds.
    The great thing about the MWO program is you get to decide what to incorporate into your plan.

I do suggest you read the book first, it is a quick and easy read which will explain everything clearly -- and it's inspiring:-)
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

scared shitless to try the meds, I cannot afford to get blurred vision or
      have issues with concentration at work, so I have opted not to take the topa
      doing lots of vitamins, juicing organic fruit and veggies healthy meats and fishevery day
      but after saying all that, I do feel healthier than years ago, but I still have cravings alot
      love the wine. miss the wine, I do not feel that kudzu is curbing the wine crave
      and it makes me bloated like I am 6 months pregnant.

life goes on take it all in every breath you take.

Comment

Hi CabSavvy,

Yes, the Topa does have side effects altho I was really lucky and mine were minimal -- the topa definetly curbed my craving for wine so it was worth it.

Have you tried taking L-glut for the cravings?

Great job on your new healthy lifestyle:-)
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Welcome Lemonhead and CabSavvy,

Please do start with reading the book so you can make your plans.
          You know yourselves better than anyone and what you may or may not need for success. Customize your plans to meet your individual needs

I did not take any Rx meds. I also have not used the program supplements. Before finding MWO, I started on some herbal products to help with a severe, chronic anxiety/depression problem. Once they kicked in I felt strong enough to set my quit date. I was reluctant to give up those herbals because they were so effective for me.

Do the reading, search your souls, be honest in identifying your needs and go for it! We'll be here for the support, as much as you need.

All the best,
          Lavande
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X