Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody starting AF today? Day 1 for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a buddy to start this out....Day 1 for me.
    AF since July 8, 2009...

Hi National,
    I offer all my support. Do you have any meds or supps to help you? I feel like everyday I am starting again, even if the day before I was AF.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
    AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Hi National
      Good luck on your A/F days, I am on Day 8 today.
      If you need any support or really anything you are more than welcome to PM me
      Try and keep really really busy, it helps keep your mind of the drink, and L-glut is great for cravings
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

Good for you National! Have you taken a look at the toolbox thread in Monthly Abs? I'll see if I can bump it for you.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

day 1 for me

Hi National,
          Day 2 for me. on a home detox and feel dreadful. No appetite and want to sleep all the time. I know it will get better. My lovely new doctor put me onto this site. Any advice will be welcome. Stay strong.
          JackieClaire
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm in

Hi National - I'm in - day one here as well. I really screwed up last night and Mr. Wonderful is very unhappy with me. I need to get back to AF; this modding isn't working for me.

So - here's to day one.
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

National;658282 wrote: Looking for a buddy to start this out....Day 1 for me.
              Hi I am looking for somebody to start day one with and have as a buddy.

Comment

Jackie, Sunshine and Norris - looks like we're all trying to get started. It's eve of day one and I'm hanging in there at this point. Stay strong and stay in touch. Feel free to PM me as well. I'm looking forward to talking to you guys tomorrow about day 2 (and day 3 for Jackie!).
                P.S. Sunshine - I really screwed up last night as well. My mod attempts have been a disaster!
                AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

Day 1 for me. I went to dinner last night and ended up drunk as usual. Took the day off today to get things done but woke up with a hangover. The day has not been lost though, I found this cite! I have tried to quit many times before, but here is hoping that I will be successful this time. I feel determined and am exhausted from dealing with this problem.

Comment

Welcome Present! Sounds like a few of us are in the day 1 boat. Good luck!
                    AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

:new:I am on day 4 and feeling better but not 100%. Went to the health food store and bought the suggested supplements and am taking what seems like a gazillion pills, including the kudzu, L-Glut. I also bought some Liver Detox and Blood Detox. At least it gives me something to do besides drink. I am going to a knit and sip group I belong to tonight. I guess I better bring along something to "sip" that is not wine! Although that is the usual beverage. My mod attempts have also been a disaster. They work for a few days and then........ I always wake up next day just totally kicking myself. Just can't try that anymore.

Comment

Thank you! I am happy to not be going at this alone. I have never done any online chat groups before but I feel that I really need support to make this work. Most of my friends and family drink so this can feel very isolating. Good luck to you too!!

Comment

You bring up a good point Present - I have not done any online posts either, but for some reason this site has done the trick for me today. My friends and family drink as well and this might "feel" isolating, but I'm hoping for just a little while. I actually imagine, my friends and family especially, being really proud when (not if) I kick this. I will definitely be back on tomorrow.
                          AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

The day is drawing to an end here as well... A pat on your back and on to day two, everyone!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Off to bed and not sleeping tight! AF today :-)

Hope everyone else has a good night.

Comment

Working...
                              X