No announcement yet.

first time in newbies nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RG, have you seen the Newbies nest roll call thread? You might enjoy posting your days there, we give prizes and everything, you are coming up on one, 7 days! Congrats on your 5 days!!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks Byrdlady! I did see it but need to figure out how to post there. I will check into it soon. I've got a busy day on my hands.

Comment

Hi again RG, we really have to stop meeting like this lol. The Roll Call is quite simple, you "copy" the post above your reply, paste it in your reply, then add your name and days sober at the end of the list, then post your reply. I have a thread under General Discussion, the 24 Hour Club where every day you post time and location and ask for another 24 hours of sobriety. You'll soon get the hang of the forum, and you can always ask for help/advice. The important thing is that you remain AF! It can be done!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Oh yes, I totally relate to your story. I'm in my early fifties and have done that sort of thing on a few occasions over the years. Like you, I was very lucky that nothing bad ever happened. I emphathize with how you feel. Try not to hate yourself. Remember, you should love yourself no matter what. By being kind and compassionate to yourself, you won't give up trying to get a handle on the problem.

Comment

Welcome to all of you.

gettinghealthy - yes, I can relate to your post. I would imagine just about everyone on MWO has a few stories to tell from our drinking days. That's the main reason most of us decided to quit. After a while, the shame and anxiety become too much. I wanted peace. It sounds like you do to. A life where you wake up in the morning knowing that you didn't do anything absurd, embarrassing or dangerous is priceless. Hang in there.

mg72 - I was a decades long drinker also. It didn't really catch up with me until the last few final years. Then it hit me hard. I lost a lot. Glad you are giving it your all now. Good for you. And we'll be right here by your side when you need us.

Please keep this thread going. Come back and tell us how you are doing. When I started out here, there was a group of newbies that started with me. I'm proud to say that many of them are still here and sober. But we helped each other through those rough first few days and months. And we still support each other to this day.

runnergirl - the Newbies Nest moves quickly, but you'll soon get the hang of it. Hope to see you there.

Best wishes to all of you.
            Last edited by MossRose; October 27, 2014, 07:17 PM.
            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

I agree Moss, it's important for the newbies to have other newbies with them on their journey, sharing both the difficult times and the victories! We can be here to help and support as well, nothing better than to hear that your struggle will get easier and will definitely be worth it! They can also participate in the other threads, but this would be a great home thread! Welcome to all, read and post everyday, it is just one day at a time to freedom....
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm late to the welcome party but just wanted to add my welcome to you! I've been around a long time - on and off at first when I would try moderating and then go off and get back to where I was drinking too much, too often and so now I'm sticking with not drinking. Taking it one day at a time and it's not so overwhelming. It has been a big change but not as hard as I thought after I got through the first few weeks. You can do this! Good luck and welcome to all newbies - this is a great place!

Comment

Good afternoon...I'm on day 1 nursing a killer hangover sitting behind a desk at work. For a pretty successful woman I'm truly messed up. I'm very thankful to have found this site. I don't even know where to start...except to stop drinking. Thank you

Comment

Welcome In the sky.

Yep, stopping drinking is the simple answer. Not always easy, but you can do it.

Here is a link to our toolbox below. Some very useful reading there. Good to see you here. Go for it and take back your precious self.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Welcome Sky! You've come to a great place.

If you haven't already, please check Newbie's Nest & Newbie's Nest Roll Call. You'll find a wealth of information in the link G-man provided plus lots of helpful folks who've experienced the same thing you're going through in the Nest.

Looking forward to seeing more posts Sky.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                      X