First Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Day

Today is my first day that I pledge to give up the wine bottle, and tomorrow is Thanksgiving! I'm fighting with myself hourly not to give in and go buy a bottle. I came to this is a very painful way - my family no longer wants to spend the holidays with me or my husband - he drinks too. I'm a mess, having meltdowns and sobbing. Just took a very, very low dose of valium (2 mgs.) to help fight this craving. We're having turkey day alone and I'm told the children have other plans for Christmas too. OUCH! Please tell me this gets easier!!

First Day

well montana is does get easier .. and you have done the right thing for yourself just by coming here and looking for help .. all things will turn around and it all take time .. just use this time and do what you have for you and your hubby .. make the best of it .. dont look at it as sad but a time for change and they will see what you are doing for yourself and they will come around .. just do your best and come to chat tonight lots of surport there to .. to keep yourself busy .. have a happy holiday give thankx for not what you dont have but what you will ...
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

First Day

Hi Montana well done on taking this all important first step. As Tlrgs says yes it does get easier, it just takes a little time. Stick close to the boards there is so much support here if you just ask.
      Keep safe
      KTAB
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

First Day

Hi Montana well done on taking this all important first step. As Tlrgs says yes it does get easier, it just takes a little time. Stick close to the boards there is so much support here if you just ask.
        Keep safe
        KTAB
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

First Day

Hi Montana,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place! The first few days are rough but you can do it!
          Give youself all the help you can - download & read the MWO book then look in the Tool box (located in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas to help you make your plan.

Please feel free to drop in the 'Newbies Nest' thread for some extra support

Wishing you the best!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

First Day

Welcome Montana.
            How are you doing today?
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
            AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

First Day

Hi Montana, welcome to you.
              Hang tight my friend, things will get easier. But keep on asking for support, it really does help.
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

First Day

Hi Montana, things will become easier once you've made that decision to change. I find it really helps to log on to MYO at least once a day for support,and changing your routine so you are busy at the time you crave alcohol the most (I took my kids to the cinema lat night at 5.30pm, my usual 'open the bottle of wine ' time....) All the best X

Comment

Working...
                X