Liver Function Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liver Function Test

I had some Liver Functions Tests last week just as a procedure and was told not to worry they would discuss the tests at my next appointment next month. Had a call today they want to see me asap - am in state of panic now!!! anybody had these tests and what were your results? I know I should not speculate but my appointment not till next week.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Liver Function Test

I have never had those tests done but stay positive!! Just keep posting and don't panic!! Make sure you let us know how everything goes!!
    AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

Liver Function Test

Thanks Ronaldolover - easier said than done lol !! Crazy isn't it but all I keep thinking is oh blow it might as well have a drink - god how our crazy minds work
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Liver Function Test

Panno--I understand completely! I would also be thinking that a drink would be the answer right now....but just remember that drinking is what got you into this situation....so just stay AF and fight through this!
        AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

Liver Function Test

Panno - Because of pain and bloating I was experiencing in Nov/Dec before I quit AL I ordered a liver function test from the internet and did it myself. It was abnormal but not in the critical range and im pretty sure now im not drinking it will have gone back to normal and I intend to do another one soon just to make sure. Please dont panic, yours too could be slightly high and if it is they will just recommend how to bring it back down to normal. Did you get tested for anything else at the same time? Maybe they want to see you about something unrelated to your liver? Any chance they could see you before next week to set your mind at rest?
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Liver Function Test

Thanks Chillgirl, they also tested for cholestrol. The main reason they did the test was because the doctor noticed I was scratching and I have tiny spots on my abdomen. I too have pain and bloating.

Comment

Liver Function Test

Panno - Please please dont have a drink! I just saw your last post... The liver is an amazing organ and puts up with a lot of crap from us but by staying AF at least we can improve on any damage caused.
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Liver Function Test

Panno - After only a couple of weeks AF my bloating and pain had gone completely and I feel very healthy.
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Liver Function Test

Thanks Chillgirl I am really going to try and stay positive - and Ronaldolover I agree it is the AL that got me in this position!!!

Comment

Liver Function Test

Panno,

I was told 15 years ago I had elevated enzymes and that I was too young for this. My liver fixed itself. Please try not to worry. The liver is an amazing organ. Having said this, please try not to drink at all.

AD

Comment

Liver Function Test

Panno--as the world's worst worrier.....I empathize with you. Remember what the other posts have said tho--the liver has an amazing ability to heal itself. Even if it's having a bad time right now, a change to a healthier lifestyle can pretty easily fix it. Stay positive. Drink LOTS of water and keep busy.

Love and strength--:l
                      :h getting better every day

Comment

Liver Function Test

Panno, baby...if it was critical they would not wait till next week....
                        see if you can get in there earlier to alleviate your stress
                        Be strong,,,you have come so far and we started this together
                        I am here for you
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Liver Function Test

Thanks Anotherday and Bellinator I too was born a 'worrier'!!

Mama Bear I intend to remain strong thank you for being there x

Comment

Liver Function Test

Panno, the liver is an incredible organ, even if there is some kind of problem, by doing what the doctors say ,the liver has a exceptional ability to repair itself. Your in my prayers, you will be fine! Runningwind
                            The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Liver Function Test

Panno - I agree with everyone else. Hang in there. I am also prone to thinking the worse so I know how you feel. Just continue on AF - it is the best thing to do.
                              I would suggest call the Dr back and saying that you are going crazy with worry and to please tell you the results of your test. You can't wait until next week. See if you get anywhere with that.
                              Keep posting and know that we are here for you. :l
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                              X