Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re thinking goals

Hi Spud!

As I was discussing my drinking problem with my doctor he said, "You know, the dream of every alcoholic is to be like a normal drinker". I have to admit he is right.

As much as each person on here wishes we could just be a "normal" drinker, the fact is that we cannot. Its called being an alcoholic, problem drinker, whatever.

For a brief period of time, I thought I had out smarted it. My plan was to drink just two beers and stop at that, but within a weeks time, it wasnt working.

I've come to a place where it literally is ALL or NOTHING, and I have become really ok with that. Its just simply not worth even trying to moderate or even opening up that flood gate of what might happen.

I once posted on here a while ago how I was afraid to take my Antabuse because "My whole life is going to change!" Someone wise on here said " Your whole life doesnt have to change. Just how you relate to drinking will change." If you think about it that way, and make drinking just a small part of your life, then I think we can get to the point where we realize drinking does not have to be what we revolve our lives around.

WIshing you the best Spud!

Overit
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

re thinking goals

Hi Spuddleduck. I know I sound like a broken record always saying the same stuff but I think its important and hopefuully it helps. The day you can honestly say in your heart of hearts that you don't care if you EVER have another drink again is maybe a good day to let thoughts of modding cross your mind. Otherwise you can find yourself trying to figure out how to let al back into your life while still trying to kick him out.

If you must think about modding someday then I would suggest considering the fact that its probably going to be a hell of a lot harder than what you're doing now. Trying it will be a gamble that has a decent prize if you win, but could cost you big if you lose.

Comment

Working...
      X