duh! moment.. Getting that first day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been hating myself for not making that one freaking day AL free.

Finally sunk in today.. I've read the book, take the supplements, listen to the cds, and for me, take the meds (off and on)... THEN you get the AF day. Do the work, THEN. Damn, I'm soft in the head. Mywayout is to get you there! Duh!

Listened to the cds three days in a row, haven't missed my supplements, MISSED THE TOPAMAX. Yeah, all while I'm getting blundgened by life. But I'm hanging on. I remember it took me about two weeks on Topamax, and doing all the mywayout things, to go AL free. Just like someone put a light switch in my head. Need that switch back.

So... remembering the fact that, for ME, mywayout is about getting there. Not just suffering tomorrow. Idea is to get to a better...little steps. Cds, supplements, meds, and exercise.

Taking the advice to home ... and easing up on the "I'm a shitty person" thread.

G

Hi middlepathpilgrim,

It's really tough to get that first day. You sound like you have things set up to do so. It's just a matter of toughing it through. You can do it. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it and I sincerely mean that. Nice to "meet" you.

AD

Comment

DONT HATE YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF FOR TRYING. youre here, thats a big step. take each day, each hour, each minute, and love yourself for trying
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Good effort MiddlePP. Your well equipt now so hang out with us so we can help you along the way.
        Be strong you can really do this!
        Love and strength to you!
        Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

:welcome:Hi MPP, recently someone replied to me as follow...we did not get in this scrape overnight, don't expect to get out overnight. Just don't give up trying.
          make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

hi grim,i love newbies,they are all rite,just recognising the problem and trying to do somthing is a great accomplishment,for addictive mindde people that is very hard to do,buy the way yur nt a shity person,you have an addiction,once you realise that half the battle is over,then you get to the harder part,living every day with out medicating your self,or other wise poisoning yourself,the longer you remain free of Al and drugs,the more youll find out we were tot wrong,remember the old story people take 2 roads,the rt one or the wrong one,i or we took the wrong turn,sobriety totally or i guess even in moderation is worth while,most people like us find modding challenging,take it day by day,there are many toolls to stay on the rt track,you just have to find the rt one,good luck and it is nt easy,but then neither is getting sick and paying for it,gyco

Comment

hi a day, duck, oday and jesse

Comment

Hi MPP,

Good, you are using all the tools!
                You will find success now One Day at a Time

Wishing you the best!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09