im new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im new here

Im not really sure how to do this, I just wanted to come somewhere to see if I could find anyone else that relates to me. I have a problem with drinking and it is ruining me and my family. I have been married for almost 11 years and I have three wonderful kids. I use to be able to drink and everything be okay, but it has just gotten worse in the last year. I say that Im gonna quit and then a week without drinking, I start to drink again. I always use the excuse that something made me mad and that I just need one drink, and then another, and another. :new:

im new here

TB.....you are so welcome, and yes everyone here will relate to you! We all have a problem with drinking, some worse than others some sober longer than others, but one thing we all have in common is what you say 'it is ruining me and my family'.
    Stay here on this site and people with much more knowledge and experience than me will guide you in the right direction.
    Molly:welcome:
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

im new here

Thank you so much mollyka

Comment

im new here

Hi there and :welcome: Great start to come here and post! You will deffinately find people who you can relate to. Alcohol has had a negative impact on all of our lives to one degree or another. You might want to download and read the book. Look at the health store at the top of this page. People here are very supportive, helpful and non-judgemental. Best to you in your journey!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

im new here

Hi TB, I join Mollyka is welcoming you to MWO. We are all ages, from many walks of life, from all over the world here at MWO....the one thing that we all share in common is that to one extent or another, alcohol has taken a tole on us and our lives. Most if not all of us made promises to moderate our drinking or stop drinking altogether many, many times, without success. Many of us here, have found a way to successfully release ourselves from the ravages of alcohol abuse here! You too, can find your way out!

Best Wishes!

Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

im new here

LOL!! Cross posted with you Greenie!! Wise little green one! XXXX
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

im new here

Welcome TB!!!
              I have only been here a month and have found somuch love, support,wisdom and strength.
              We are here for you and we do not judge.
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

im new here

Welcome TBP, well done on taking that first all important step. The good news is you have found a great place where the support is fantastic. There is a book available to download here or you can order a hard copy. It helped me formulate a plan of action when I first came here.
                Keep safe
                KTAB
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

im new here

hi TB. glad youve found us. ive been here just over 2 weeks and have managed to remain sober. this is a great place with lots of wonderful people with support and advice. we are all here for the same reason. read as much as you can. there is great inspiration here :welcome:
                  Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                  Keep passing the open windows

Comment

im new here

Hey to you and welcome aboard. I agree with spuddleduck 100%. Also if you have a problem with da booze anything you find that can help you be AF is better than gold or silver b/c not drinking sets you free. Wealth can only buy you things that can be bought. Hang around here ~~ post and read & you will learn how to do this.
                    :imglad: you found this place

Comment

im new here

Hi TB,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
                      AL is no longer a part of my life, I'm so glad. You have nothing to lose & everything to gain

Please feel free to drop in the 'Newbies Nest' thread for support. Lots of people there just getting started as well

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

im new here

Hi TB, you came to the right place. And to echo everyone else, we all can relate to what you are going thru - and some. Some days are harder than others, but if you can make it one day, the next one comes and gives you a chance to do it all over again without AL.

Comment

im new here

Hey TB, welcome. The words you wrote about your problem and your family, it is the exact same for me. That is also why I am here. Read lots in here, write lots. You can do it.

Is your first goal one week with no alcohol?

Hill
                          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

im new here

Hi TB.
                            Plenty of good advice you've received already,just wanted to add my :hello2: and :welcome:,
                            J x
                            :l
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

im new here

Hi TB, welcome , I've been here for a few months and am managing to be af most of the time now, so much love and support here, ,read the post's, come to chat and stay as long as you need, love and hug's Twitch xxxx

Comment

Working...
                              X