AF since Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF since Monday

I just wanted to share and thank you all-- I have not had a drop since Sunday and I feel so much better than when I was drinking-- my anxiety level has gone down so much that I am wondering if the alcohol was causing my sense of doom and anxiety to spiral. Still have to get thrugh this St Pat's party but I have tried to keep busy with organizing toys and crafts for the kids that come over with their parents to the party. I am hoping to start walking next week-- I think my sprain will be okay to do a little-- to fill the time and to get off this last booze and baby weight(alot to lose-- 40 lbs). It really helped me to read all the stuff that you all post. I come on daily to try to stay strong-- please continue to hope for me as I do you all!

AF since Monday

Great going! If things get too tough at the party, come on here and post, ok? It will help.

I have 60 + lbs to lose and I didn't even have a baby!

AD

Comment

AF since Monday

Awesome job.....!!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

AF since Monday

Good for you ATL! Spending time with the kids at the party might be a good way to avoid drinking. You can be the responsible adult or designated child go to person maybe. Best wishes, and know it's do able. :h
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

AF since Monday

Congrats ATL! You CAN do it! Be determined not to drink. The toughest part is early in the game and it's a lot harder if we continually relapse and have to keep doing it over!

I lost almost 60 pounds after going AF by following the My Way Out diet recommendations (no sugar or high starch / high processed carbs), starting an excercise program (for my first sober year, Curves) and getting my menopausal hormones corrected and thyroid tested. And did I say AF????

The AF life is good.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF since Monday

Well done ATL, like Doggy says be determined not to drink at the party. I found the most dangerous times were when I gave my self a glimmer of alcohol (e.g. 'I'll just have one diluted with water'etc), none, nada, etc. only way to go. By the way I lost 20 lbs in 2 months not doing anything except giving up alcohol - what an unexpected bonus!!
            Molly:thumbs:
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

AF since Monday

Answers

ATLThrash :goodjob:, your anxiety problem is, most likely to do with the alcohol. There is a research paper written by a Dr. David Gerstien, this will give you some insite on why you feel and do what you do. Go to the forum page, scroll down to research and click on it. Then go to the thread Alcohol/Healing the body and click on that. Scroll down until you come to the doctors article. I know this will give you the imformation that you need. Good luck on your continued journey!

runningwind
              The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

AF since Monday

Great job Thrash! Just look at it this way - you will be the one at the party that remembers everything that happened!

Comment

AF since Monday

Congratulations ATLThrash - you should be very proud. I agree with Farm Girl see the humour in it sit back and observe how people behave once the intoxicated I can watch it for hours and am happy that i made a decision not to be an out of control drunk any more.
                  Stay strong you can do it!
                  Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

AF since Monday

:goodjob: ATL
                    Keep up the good work. The rewards are endless. I used to drink to escape anxiety, and it backfired on me BigTime! I now have very little anxiety and am AF. Sending u strength.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
                    X