SLEEP ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLEEP ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

during my 1st week AF i went through hell trying to sleep. (sleep, whats that). tried herbal remedies but nothing seemed to help. ive since started taking SOMINAX. its an over the counter sleep aid, active ingredient is an antihistamine (i have to laugh, on the box it says 'may cause drowsiness' wehey). this week i have had wonderful sleep. i know its not a long term solution but as i have had more sleep ive been more active during the day, hopefully tiring myself out for natural sleep. i will stop them when the packet runs out and see how i go, but as a short term help it as worked for me. sweet dreams everfyone.... its morning here but the thought is there x
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

SLEEP ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

See that dot in the distance - thats me runnin down the road to get SOMINAX!! Still can't sleep well and really getting cheesed off now, at this stage I reckon its prob nothing to do with booze! x
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

SLEEP ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Funny Girl swears by melatonin
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

SLEEP ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Hi Guys - in my 1st few weeks AF I hardly slept a wink. I didnt actually mind too much at 1st as i was on such a high and had amazing energy rushes. However it did wear thin and I took NYTOL for a couple of weeks then stopped. Now I have the most amazing sleeps since BA (before alcohol). I thing its great to take something to start you off into a new pattern but you dont want to become dependant on something else to make you sleep..... Talking of which, goodnight dear friends ZZZZzzzzzzz
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

SLEEP ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

I totally agree with the melatonin. Plus avoiding bright light close to bedtime. They say you should make your bedroom like a cave ~~ cool, dark & QUIET. T.V. in the room is a no no for good sleep. Bedroom is for sleep and sex period. I love sleeping and for sure have used it as an escape at times but now am looking forward to the time when it rejuvenates me. You cannot plan when you will be tired so going to bed on a schedule is tough but you should get up the same time every day. Nothing like a good night of sleep and an early A.M. bicycle outing to start the day.
          Wishing good ZZZZZZZZZZZ's to all.

P.S. ~~ Starting a sleep diary is also helpful in that you discover what helps and doesn't.
          When you read back it can be very revealing as to what is preventing a good night
          of blissful sleep. .

Comment

SLEEP ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

I also took some over-the-counter sleeping aid for the first couple of weeks when i needed it - natural stuff doesnt work for me my tolerance is too high (not really a good thing) anyway this helped me as i am hopeless without a good nights sleep now at day 43 i am sleeping well. I can sleep the whole way through and know that my liver and other organs are also getting a good rest. When i was drinking i would often wake up at about 3am with the dry horrors and almost felt that i hadn't had a wink of sleep i guest that is because my system was trying to break down the poison i had put in it.
            Here's to restful sleep!
            Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

SLEEP ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Alcohol interferes with your normal sleep patterns and though I might go out like a light, I wake up about 3 -4 am. When I'm AF it takes 2 days for normal sleep to return, but I also use a herbal relaxing tea at night (as a kind of nightcap) and it knocks me over.

Comment

Working...
              X