Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Saturday, March 13 2010

Good Morning Guys!

After working my ass off all week, I thought I would sleep in this morning. Found myself up at around 6:30 am just full of life and energy. Sleeping good too! Hey, I aint complaining!

I got in pretty late from work last night, and went back to read the ODAT on Friday. Aww, yesterdays posts were really great and special. I think we are all really building some solid friendships and are of great support to each other. Thats wonderful. When I try to offer support to someone or encourage, its truly from my heart. I pull for everyone on here to get to their success. Every person on here deserves to be happy, and living the life they were meant to be before we got messed up with the, you know.

Funny girl, I guess I did not realize you were on day 19, so today is 20? Thats awesome girl! You are two days ahead of me! Keep it up! You have come a very long way, you can keep going, and going!

I know weekends are hard for most of us. Have your resolve firm in place, and it really should just be another day to be sober, and enjoying LIFE!!!

Hugs to all you,

Overit
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Overit,

What a lovely post! And day 18 for you, if I count correctly! Woohoo! :goodjob: You too are almost at that magic 21 day number.

Anyway, count in me today - hoping for another AF day. Today is my big quit smoking day too.

Well, I am up too early for me so going back to bed. Just thought I would check in.

AD

Comment

Morning Another Day!

Im the funny one on here, I really do not like to count my days. My last drink was February 23. I know when I get to March 23 (big goal of mine!) that will be a month!!! When I get to one month Im gonna be REALLY excited!!!

How you doing! Any cravings or feelings like you might fold? I've been truly blessed the cravings have not come "yet". I truly am so familiar with those awful rotton cravings, and I have to fight them when they do. I have to remember that picking up the first drink is a certain recipie for disaster. I know this because that is what always happens when I do!

What I have been thrilled to find out about on this journey is that what everyone has said before me is TRUE. The longer that time passes, the easier and easier it seems to be. I wish I would have done this ages ago!

Post alot if you feel weak, lets get through the weekend (and wayyy beyond) ok?

Comment

hi everyone, bad day yesterday, cat seriously ill, had 2 glasses of wine but left the rest which is a first for me almost, and thinking about finishing it tonight, doesn't appeal, what's wrong with me? I dont feel the need to drink, how amazing is that? Love and hugs Twitch xxxx

Comment

Twitch. Im sorry. Is the kitty going to be ok? Thats rough.

Twitch, when I had two glasses of wine, I always considered that huge success. I've just came to the point where its just too dangerous for me.

I hope you and kitty feel better!

Your wine doesnt feel appealing? Nothing wrong with that! Nothing really is that appealing about some substance that makes you feel like crap! Good going!!!

Comment

Twitch;821466 wrote: hi everyone, bad day yesterday, cat seriously ill, had 2 glasses of wine but left the rest which is a first for me almost, and thinking about finishing it tonight, doesn't appeal, what's wrong with me? I dont feel the need to drink, how amazing is that? Love and hugs Twitch xxxx
            Twitch, will your cat be ok? Is your cat in the hospital? I know what you are going through and it is rough. No surprise you turned to wine I must say. I don't think there is anything wrong with you. In times of stress, we regress. Simple as that. Hang in there and sending good thoughts that your kitty recovers and soon!

AD

Comment

OverIt2007;821458 wrote: Morning Another Day!

Im the funny one on here, I really do not like to count my days. My last drink was February 23. I know when I get to March 23 (big goal of mine!) that will be a month!!! When I get to one month Im gonna be REALLY excited!!!

How you doing! Any cravings or feelings like you might fold? I've been truly blessed the cravings have not come "yet". I truly am so familiar with those awful rotton cravings, and I have to fight them when they do. I have to remember that picking up the first drink is a certain recipie for disaster. I know this because that is what always happens when I do!

What I have been thrilled to find out about on this journey is that what everyone has said before me is TRUE. The longer that time passes, the easier and easier it seems to be. I wish I would have done this ages ago!

Post alot if you feel weak, lets get through the weekend (and wayyy beyond) ok?
              That is funny. And I don't like to remember my "sobriety date" as it were so I can't tell you what it is. So I'll say it was somewhere in the first week of March as time passes on. I was once in rehab and there was this guy there. We all had to go around and say how long we'd been sober. So it comes to him and he says casually, "oh, I don't know. somewhere over 30 days." I thought that was so cool! He had been a member of LifeRing before this rehab. So even though I am counting right now, I won't be later on.

On day three of Topa here and have lost two lbs since 3/8 (I should have weighed myself the day I stopped drinking but did not). I expect to lose more. Yes, let's march forward and have an AF weekend!

AD

Comment

Hi Family
                Twitchy....so sorry about your kitty.I would be devastated if one of my babies was ill.....my kids would die....is he going to make it? Had a few beers last night, just because....nothing drastic, but have determined that I need to get serious about this.I have invested time and money and emotions into this and I have got to find the determination and self control to make it stick. I have never tried to quit before and i had no idea it would be so tough....more of a mind game for me...but you,my friends, inspire me every day....
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear;821492 wrote: Hi Family
                  Twitchy....so sorry about your kitty.I would be devastated if one of my babies was ill.....my kids would die....is he going to make it? Had a few beers last night, just because....nothing drastic, but have determined that I need to get serious about this.I have invested time and money and emotions into this and I have got to find the determination and self control to make it stick. I have never tried to quit before and i had no idea it would be so tough....more of a mind game for me...but you,my friends, inspire me every day....
                  Morning Mama!

Next time you get the urge to drink, come here first and talk about it, ok? Cause I betcha there are several of us who will encourage you to not do so.

It is tough and you are discovering this.

AD

Comment

Hi all ODAT'rs

Having a very busy Saturday so just a quick check in. Twitch, so sorry about your kitty, hang in there.

Overit, I too dont like to get too hung up about counting days. I drove myself crazy in the beginning. I have started and slipped so many times. At the same time there is a sense of achievement when you get to 1,2,3 weeks and then a month. I am on day 20 so a few of us must have been hit with the sober wand at the same time. Have to say this is the easiest I have ever found it. I was at a confirmation party last night and didnt drink. I felt very disconnected from it. I was offered and said no thank you and after that it did not bother me and the drink was all around me. I was so glad this morning as I had an early call for a hockey match with my daughter.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Hi, update on Jazz my cat, he is on a drip and having antibiotics, his liver is failing and his pancreas, but he is able to use his litter tray so still hope, the vet sent the nurse out for some chicken and fish for him, at the moment they are syringe feeding him, hoping tomorrow bring's better new's, love and hug's Twitch xxxx
                      PS a big thank you for all your kind thought's

Comment

Good day All
                        I checked in on Thursday, but after writing a long paragraph, the site crash...Grrrr....very frustrating. I am going to try again.lol.
                        I am doing well. Still going to AA meetings. Still clean and sober. I am also now Church hopping; trying to find one where I feel comfortable. I when to a luncheon at a little Christian Church near where I am living. It was very nice. They also had a back room full of clothing, so I got to go shopping as well. I am going to go to their service tomorrow, and bring a bag of clothing that I no longer wear.
                        I am already beginning to see some of the gifts of sobriety. A friend of mine has decided to give me a car that he was trying to sell, and I got a few good job leads. I feel very blessed on this windy, blustery day in New England. I hope all of you have a wonderful day.
                        Twitch, I am so sorry about your kitty. I know what you are going through. It is very difficult. Please let us know how your kitty and you are doing.:l
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Good Job Sea.....kisses to Jazz the kitty

Comment

Hope kitty better tomorrow Twitch...

Hey Mama, is it an easy weekend for you? Ive been in a poopy mood, but no thoughts of drinking over it. Im not even going to go there.

Seacallin, thats great you are seeking out a church. I was lucky enough 5 years ago to find the church I go to every Sunday. It is literally the highlight of my week!

It makes a BIG difference when you find a church you like and even more importantly, with a Pastor who you can relate too. I LOVE our Pastor, and he has encouraged me in so many ways with my spirituality.

I hope you can find a great one! Sometime I would love to post more about religion, but honestly, it is such a huge topic for me, I dont think I could ever write enough. Maybe sometime in the future I can share more, but I do believe in God, I believe Jesus was the man he claimed to be, and I believe his death was to cover us. I simply believe that.

Hugs to you all,

Overit

Comment

Thanks for asking Over it....
                              I am relaxing on the bed actually thinking of dozing...bought a new book to read "Heart and Soul" by Meave Binchy...I really like her stuff....
                              went and got hair cut and colored so feeling allglam and going to dinner at Maggiano's later...good italian.....I am in Jacksonville...don;t I remember you saying you were close to here? Maybe we could meet for..........no......not drinks silly!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X