Day 15 - Have you noticed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 15 and still AF. I've had some rough days but keep reminding myself I am one drink from Day 1. I have tried to mix up my routine so I don't keep doing the same things when I was drinking, but I have noticed that sometimes I still feel "off" - like I am hung over and not 100% functioning. Anyone experience this? Is it mental? Or just me!!?? By the way, everyone's posts are helping me cope and thank you. On to Day 16!!!

Yes - I did notice that at first. But, it gets better. Very wise of you to try to change up the routine. Congratulations! You are doing great!! :goodjob:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Farm Girl,
      Yep, I have noticed that too. Have woken up some mornings feeling really crappy.
      Could be toxins leaving the body, or something to do with the food we had the day before.

I am even having 'drinking dreams' when I am hiding bottles, sneaking drinks etc.
      I then wake up and think 'phew' at least it was only a dream!

I really like your 'I am only one drink away from Day 1' thought....I think I will add that to my inner talk too!
      Keep on going you are doing great!!!
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Well done on day 15 Farm Girl. Keep on keeping on. You're doing great.
        Alcohol is poison to my life - AF 04 January 2010

Comment

Farm Girl - Well done on 15 days AF
          You might not be drinking enough water and therefore still feeling dehydrated? Try to consciously drink as much as possible, I changed my routine from opening the fridge to get the wine to putting on the kettle and making some herbal tea.

Also as Amelia mentioned it could be the detoxing, it took my body about 2/3 weeks to get rid of the toxins and boy did i smell awful! :H
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

I'd like to say :goodjob: on 15 days!

I am feeling pretty normal physically on day 9 here, but I drink a ton of water and I bet that has helped (don't know if you do or not). Too, I am going to bear in mind your idea to switch things up. Very good.

Comment

Congratulations on day 15!! do you exercise - that will lift your mood as well as release toxins. I did feel a bit crap also around day 15-20 as my mind was also adjusting and using up all my energy on thinking about why i shouldnt drink. Do you find yourself thinking about not drinking alot.
              At day 43 i do think about why i shouldnt drink but not nearly half as much - it does get easier and you will start to enjoy it soon.
              Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

congratulations on day 15 farmgirl keep the thinking positive
                When we believe that we will fail we often do. Try and keep positive try and banish the negative thoughts that plague us, that bring us down and prevent us from succeeding. You may have been someone who used alcohol to feel better about the way you thought about yourself, to make you feel more positive about yourself. Many people do. However, although in order to recover we need to accept our weaknesses, we also need to learn new patterns of thought and behaviour and appreciate our strengths and good points also.

" Negative thoughts are the weak link; a shift in your awareness and thinking positive will change your day." Unknown

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Well done Farmgirl! I reckon the ol' bod is still full of crap for quite some time - bound to be! Keep kicking on the way you are and you WILL feel wonderful quite soon
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

well done farm girl. great achievement. ive felt shitty somedays and thought 'huh, whats the point if im gonna feel crap anyway' but then next day i feel great. definately something going on internally i think. love the one slip and back to day 1 thought. im gonna hold that close.
                    amelia.. i keep having drinking dreams, looking for the hidden bottles and drinking them. i wake up feeling disgusted at myself.. and then i realise it was a dream. wow does that feel good. it also reminds me of how crap it feels the next morning without actually having done it.
                    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Thanks everyone, I feel much better. I do exercise (even when I was drinking, read somewhere sometimes people do this to compensate) and drink tons of water. Maybe it is my brain playing tricks on me - you know - give me some alcohol and we will be ok? I am still thinking about it a lot - funny thing - I don't really have the physical urge, I just think about it. And for me - I think a big part of why I drank was to drown out my emotions. On to Day 17 and thanks for the support!

Comment

Working...
                      X