Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT, Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hi all,

Did not see a thread here so hope it's ok I started this. Anyway, on day 9 here and hope to make it an AF day and a productive one at that!

Everyone have a great Sunday!

AD

Thank you for starting this Another Day!!

Its a beautiful day in Florida, but then I got a call from my family. My father not doing so well, has some horrible kidney stones and is in some very, very serious pain. It sucks when your family is in pain. I said a prayer for him, and know God will take care of him

Im still sober, and have no thoughts of returning to the "before" days. Cravings not coming, which is a miracle in itself. This is my longest time AF in my entire life, and I honestly mean it. Its like a whole new world has opened up in many ways. I still have the same life, same lifes issues, same dog same cat, LOL. But its a different feeling now. Its like having your cake and eat it too! And I like cake

Enjoy your Sunday my friends,

Love,

Overit
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hi everyone, had a bit of a hiccup this weekend have drunk a bottle of wine over the two day's, but back on track today,hope you all have a good weekend, Twitch

Comment

hiccups are ok twitch...i still have them too
        I am so inspired by Overit and another day
        my goal is af Today thru Friday......
        have a happy Sunday Family
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I feel really stupid asking this but what does ODAT mean?
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

One day at a Time!!!

Comment

Hi everyone

It's Mothers Day here and have had a nice day so far. My girls gave me a very pretty braclet and a card. Have just stuffed myself with a chinese takeaway so intend to veg out for the rest of the evening.

Today is day 21, its the first 3 weeks I have achieved in a long, long time. So anyone struggling to string a few days together, never give up, there is hope there for all of us as long as we keep trying one day at a time.

Rustop

Comment

Happy Day for you Rusty!!!

Comment

Hello All ODATers
                  I did not see the thread before I went off to Church. Thanks for getting it going AD. Yeah, I said Me & Church in the same sentence.lol. I am trying to find a church where I feel comfortable. I really enjoyed the one that I was at today. I was raised by the CIA (Catholic Irish Alcoholic), so I am in recovery from that, but wish to maintain my Christianity. I won't get too deep.lol. Rainy, windy day here, so just catching up with folks by phone and doing some recovery reading. Happy Mothers' Day to my friends across the pond. And...a happy day to everyone else
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi ODATers,

Ok, I will confess to some urges today. I went to two stores and at both stores the thought of wine crossed my mind. I did not buy any. I bought dog food, lunch meat, a coupler for the pups and some spinach pie.

I had a conversation with a still drinking friend this morning who is going to marry a criminal. He is a scary guy. I was upbeat and as supportive as I could be. IOW, I stuffed my feelings. I wonder if my thoughts of wine are related to this. Most likely. While I know what not to do (don't drink), I don't know what to do, as I still feel very uncomfortable and it's been hours since we spoke. I feel very out of sorts. I feel nauseated just typing this.

I resorted to old behavior (buying something on Ebay) to deal with things even though I really wanted the item. I should not be spending this money.

At any rate, I am not going to drink today I don't think. Ok, just had to get this off my chest. Thanks for being here.

AD

Comment

AD-it must be very hard to watch your friend possibly head to ruins and not be able to do anything but be there for her. Please don't let her problems become yours and please don't let AL be the answer for you. If the weather isn't too bad where you are, hook up those pups and get walking-even if it's just up the block. You've resisted the urge so far today. Keep up the great work and give those pups a hug from me and my gang. :goodjob:
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Just stopping in to give a Special CONGRATS to Overit!! You're doing great.

I, however, have not been doing too well - especially this last week. Using stress as an excuse. (That's always a great one, eh?? :eeks

But I'm feeling like I'm ready to go AF again... soon.

Getting tired of it!
                        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

papmom3;822197 wrote: AD-it must be very hard to watch your friend possibly head to ruins and not be able to do anything but be there for her. Please don't let her problems become yours and please don't let AL be the answer for you. If the weather isn't too bad where you are, hook up those pups and get walking-even if it's just up the block. You've resisted the urge so far today. Keep up the great work and give those pups a hug from me and my gang. :goodjob:
                          Thanks, papmom I hooked the little tikes up and we headed out the door, but my neighbors were outside and I'm hiding from them. A visiting friend told my neighbors all about my being depressed and the drinking. Yikes! So I'm waiting for them to go inside and then we're going for a walk. That thing is really nifty and thanks for telling me about it!

Yeah, it's tough watching this whole thing. My friend lost her job talking to this guy while drinking until 5 a.m. Went into work under the influence. I don't know how much more of all of this I can take. Broke her leg too under the influence not too long ago. I am not going to drink. I can always tell her I just cannot discuss him. He isn't allowed to move to this state (Praise the Lord) as his probation officer won't let him. I don't do well with criminals.

You give your pups a hug back from me and mine!

Comment

Working...
                          X