Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT, Tuesday, 16th March

Good Mornings all.

Hope it's not bad etiquette for me to be starting this thread after my nearly year long absence :P

Hope you all habe a stunning day. Day 2 AF for me. Made it through last night safely thanks to a busy schedule. Workout after work tonight and a church group meeting at seven. So should see me through tonight as well hopefully. Just going to try and keep myself busy.

So wishing you a great day from sunny Cape Town
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Hi everyone, thank's for getting us started johnnyh,
    day 1 for me today, after nearly 2 week's, but don't feel bad, this time I am going to make it through to 3 week's minimum, I will probably be here 24/7.
    New's on Jazz, my sick cat, he is not out of the wood's but they may send him home today, not sure if that mean's there is nothing else they can do for him, off to London today for a read through of Fred's film script, got a hangover so not good, but serves me right, will not have one tomorrow!! sorry it's a long post, I am rambling to myself really, have a wonderful day all of you, love and hug's Twitch xxxx

Comment

Hey Twitch. All the best for your cat. Had a fat hangover myself on Sunday. But on track now. It's a great new day for a great new start.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

HI Johnny and Twitch day 2 for me, feeling more positive than the times before, ODAT. Have a great day both of you :l
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Hi all ODAT'rs

Thanks for starting us off Johnny. A little more overcast here today, I hope it stays dry for the parades tomorrow.

Still taking my supplements and they are really helping, no cravings this time at all, the odd thought thats all. Looking forward now to making it a month AF. The closer I get to it, the stubborn part of me does not want to ruin things with Al which is a good thing. I will get there ODAT.

Big hello to everyone to come.

Rustop

Comment

Nice to Meet you Johnny! Thank you for starting this for us, I look forward to getting to know you better! Yes, staying busy is a great idea. Keep the mind busy and away from, you know.

Twitch, hoping for Jazz's quick return home. Dont ever apologize for rambling, I do it all the time! Im sure I bore someone at times!

Morning Panno, Rustop. Im still hanging in there. Really no thoughts of drinking, so I just really take it One Day at a Time.

I have a crush on someone. I have decided to tell him on Friday. I really hope it turns out well.

Its a new day, lets all get our resolves in firm place.
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

A crush....awwwww....something juicy to look forward to!!!! I had a HORRIBLE day at work yesterday..you can read my thread, "I am so discouraged" if you are really bored...then to top it off hubby goes to bar at 2:30 and comes home at 9!!!! I was very pissy and guess what....I drank.
              But I am at work, taking supplements and trying to get my head back in the game.......
              have a great day family
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi everyone....hope you all have a great sober day...whether it is day one or day 1,000. I am on day 6 AF myself. Had a rough day yesterday...lots of stress and PMS to top it off. Almost gave in and bought AL. Then I remembered how much worse I would feel by drinking poision....

We can do it! Everyone take care!

flower

Comment

Thanks for starting us off today Johnny H! Happy you made it through day 1

Twitch, I do hope your kitty recovers and soon.

Overit, how exciting! Good luck with the crush!

Mama, back on the horsey and ride.

Rustop, Panno, Fragile a big wavey to you and good going on AF time to date!

Hope all are well!

It's day 11 here and I'm finally sleeping through the night. I have this thing that once I hit ten days AF I do. I am on day two of no cigs and am sleeping too! Woohoo! I had forgotten I quit BOTH AL and cigs at the same time last time which made it especially horrible but it's not as bad this time around. Just have to go through it.

Ok, let's us all have a great AF Tuesday wherever we are!

AD

Comment

AD good for you! Look how far you've come! congrats!

MB - you'll be ok - still doing better than when you started, right??? you have to look at it that way.

Overit - fab on the crush. We all love a good story.

all others - have a great day.

I'm off on day 23 AF - can't even fathom it!

Comment

Funny Girl;823130 wrote: AD good for you! Look how far you've come! congrats!

MB - you'll be ok - still doing better than when you started, right??? you have to look at it that way.

Wow, FG Day 23! You keep on with this and that number will always be bigger than MINE!

Comment

Funny Girl;823130 wrote: AD good for you! Look how far you've come! congrats!

funnygirl. are you not on day 24. i am (wehey) and ive been with you along the way. maybe i cant count or maybe its a time difference thing. anyway WEHEY!!!! KEEP IT GOING. spud x
                        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Fluff checking in-Just waiting for new dishwasher to come!
                          If you slipped you can start over again-don't let it get you down.
                          Funny girl-Day 23 is great! Congrats!
                          Hope all is well with everyone- stay sober today!
                          Luv, Fluff
                          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Spud - is it tomorrow where you are? We're behind you a little. It's Tuesday the 16th here so it's still day 23 for me . . . Monday, Feb 22 was my first full day AF, so that's where I count from. Either way, I know you & I are close - I surely hope we can stay together on this. It's nice to have a 'running buddy'. . . . .I'm just amazed I've made it this far. I wasn't sure I'd make it through the first week!

Congrats to you & to everyone else here for plowing forward! Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Hi Johnny! I am back to day 2 myself, after 2 weeks AF, had 3 drinks on Sunday. Taking it ODAT again and hoping for the best! Ready to just give it all up I think!

Comment

Working...
                              X