Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regrets

Hi Twosox,

You are right....we don't want to forget...because that will help us maintain a sober life. Keep posting...we love hearing your thoughts. And you make perfect sense.....this journey is all about wanting to change and coming up with a plan. If you have a few slips on the mountain, along the way...well, no one here will judge you...there's only support. BTW, did you get the name Twosox from Dances with Wolves? One of my favorite movies.

Sk8, my sweet friend, oh yes, there is hope for your situation....and even if things don't work out with her, just the fact that you are sober will open you up to new, exciting and wonderful relationships with other people, and maybe a new partner, if that's in the stars.

Isn't it frightening how quickly a person can slide down that AL mountain? I had NEVER had an issue with AL until 3 1/2 years ago....it changes a person so quickly you don't even know what hit you. I didn't realize I had become such an unreliable nut case when it came to my family. But looking at me, and by my success in my career, you would never know. I have a fabulous career, travel all over the world, own my own company and yet AL came close to destroying everything I've ever had....my family, my friends, my career and my life. I can't let it happen. And like Sk8, who has helped many people in this forum, I want to help others, because if I do have another spill, this is the first place I'll be.

Comment

Regrets

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words Rusty. I do try to help people. By helping them I'm also helping myself as well. My story could have been much worse. Thankfully it isn't and my life is turning around. I may not get her back. But like you said my life will be much better now that I'm sober.
      Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
      No more bad future-Skull Skates

Comment

Regrets

I know what you mean about the regrets and memories sometimes hindering you getting sober, and then at other times increasing your determination. Maybe it depends on how you're feeling in yourself when the regrets hit, but it's definitely better to let them make you strong rather than pull you down. :goodjob:
        Children are forgiving and will respond to the change in you. Even if they're grown up now, you can forge a great relationship with them, and if you don't think you were a good mother, you can one day be a fantastic grandmother.

Comment

Regrets

I think regrets turn into valuable learning experiences when we use them to fuel real changes. If we keep repeating the same old mistakes, then regrets become the stick we beat ourselves with.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X