First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Post

Can someone please point me to the AA thread? I can't seem to find it.

Comment

First Post

Here ya go Sona:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...2-a-47019.html
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

First Post

Thanks so much!

This forum has been awesome for me today. I really appreciate all the help so far. If I can get some sober time, perhaps I'll then be able to help someone else. I'd really like that.

Comment

First Post

:welcome: Sona! This journey is one that is possible to succeed at. It will take a lot of hard work and self analyzation and there is no magic pill but it is soooo worth it! It does get easier each passing sober day. I promise!!
          the book is fabulous so you do need to get it. You can download Adobe Reader for free-just go to Adobe. the book itself costs 12 dollars to download.

I have to run to agility now but I'll check in later. Hang in there!!
          :l
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

First Post

I have now made it past the twelve hour mark, on my way to a full day of sobriety. I've been reading the forums all day long, and will definitely be hitting some AA meetings this week.

Comment

First Post

Great Sona!! Keep it up! Best, j
              Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

First Post

:welcome: Sona, well done in taking this step, you will get loads of great advice here,
                All the best Lilly x

Comment

First Post

Sona--I do not know much but I do know that when I was first quitting alcohol and then only occasionally drinking that I felt so depressed I thought-- I will never feel better. But surprisingly when I do get depressed now it is much better than it was before because I have taken that depressant effect away of the booze. You will be surprised at how much better you do feel when you have some sober time under your belt. Try not to focus on what you have lost from alcohol-- God knows I have done that so many times and it lead to me just saying screw it and going for the bottle. You have the power to make this change and have agreat life-- imagine how it would feel if this was not a problem that you could work on (such as gettting a serious illness unrelated to any lifestyle issues)-- but this-- you can do something about-- good luck!

Comment

First Post

Hi Sona, I just wanted to welcome you to a fantastic place. Well done on taking this all important first step.
                    Keep safe
                    KTAB
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

First Post

Just wanted to say :welcome: too!
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

First Post

I made it through the first night, and like I thought, I didn't sleep well but that will change either tonight or tomorrow night. I probably got a grand total of two or three hours, with the TV on. The point being that I didn't drink, and I feel good about it.

Today I have to go out, so I'm a bit scared about that. But admitting it here before I go will hold me to getting my chores done and not stopping to pick up liquor.

Been on the kudzu since Monday, believe it or not, but yesterday I amped it up to 3000 mg, and I swear it's helping. I know there has been controversey here as to whether it helps with cravings, but it sure seems like it has with me.

Yesterday and last night were not that hard, but I need to keep my guard up. I can never drink again, and certainly need to make that a resolution for all of 2011. Today is just today though. Goals for today: clean up my room, go out and get my chore done, be home to watch and make supper for the kids tonight, watch a film later on.

Those are today's goals, and I can do this one day at a time.

Comment

First Post

Great you came back,Sona.
                          You probably know that it's going to take a few nights before the sleeping gets better as you've done a huge chunk AF time already. But even when it's just a few hours it's soooooooooomuch much better that passing out drunk and waking up feeling crap after a night's drinking.
                          Just for today,Sona.

J x
                          :l
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

First Post

Hi Sona,
                            Welcome to MWO. It's a great place to build a "tool box" so that you always have what you need to get and stay sober and live a healthy life. I'm a little over 4 months sober, and I attribute that to working the steps in AA. I tried so many other methods and strategies prior to AA and I'm glad I did. Now I have no question that AA is my way out. Stop down in our Monthly Moderation AA thread. Hope to see you there and you're on your way!
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

First Post

JackieClaire;1031191 wrote: Great you came back,Sona.
                              You probably know that it's going to take a few nights before the sleeping gets better as you've done a huge chunk AF time already. But even when it's just a few hours it's soooooooooomuch much better that passing out drunk and waking up feeling crap after a night's drinking.
                              Very true, and thanks for that reminder.

Thanks to everyone for your support. I haven't been able to answer all individually, but I have read your posts and appreciate your words of encouragement.

j-vo;1031212 wrote:
                              Hi Sona,
                              Welcome to MWO. It's a great place to build a "tool box" so that you always have what you need to get and stay sober and live a healthy life. I'm a little over 4 months sober, and I attribute that to working the steps in AA. I tried so many other methods and strategies prior to AA and I'm glad I did. Now I have no question that AA is my way out. Stop down in our Monthly Moderation AA thread. Hope to see you there and you're on your way!
                              Thanks for the invite. I was able to read a few of the AA threads. I'm sure I'll post there soon.

The meetings and the working of the steps changed my life when I worked the program. I had a sponsor and worked the steps directly with him. I made it through the first eight steps in those eight months of sobriety I had. I know I'll be attempting this again, but with all I've been through I am struggling with the "higher power." I love the story of Jesus, I think it is the greatest story ever told. I hope for it, pray for it, but my doubts have been taking over.

And yet -- I am in this for right now, for today. And no matter what the method, I know it is important for me to be sober today, and enjoy the day for what it really is, not for a feeling from a bottle.

Getting ready to go out and make a sale... I will check in in a few hours.

Comment

First Post

Sona;1030704 wrote: Sobreity starts today, no need to wait for the New Year for resolutions.
                                THIS----^

I can't count the number of times I made some kind of abstract, future date based decision to get sober. I don't know why I expected my future self to make any better decisions than my present self but it always seemed more doable when it wasn't TODAY.

Once I was really, really hurting and decided I needed to find a better way through life I didn't see any reason to put it off. Sounds like you're at that point and you've certainly found the right place. Keep it up and 2011 will be a much different and better year.

Oh, and the sleeping, as you probably know, gets much, much better. I'm off of a sleep aid that I though I couldn't live without and getting a solid night's rest almost every night. It's wonderful!
                                "I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten"
                                AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X