Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 2...fears of W/Ds but no symptoms...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for the encouragement, peeps!

Thought I wouldn't post every day as it seems a bit of a self-indulgent text overdose (it's just been abstinence, abstinence, abstinence etc.)

Anyway, about to embark on night 14 of sobriety, when I get up for work tomoz it'll be two full weeks...it's just flown by. Hoping to make a month, and then maybe longer....

Felt a bit crap today because I only managed six hours last night but should do better tonight (I'm proper knackered). Did get one urge for some spirits earlier, quite odd as I never usually drink teh spirits. Ah, well, resisted
    , must be the extremely cold weather we're getting.
    [I]Quit drinking nightly at home (8 yrs) at the end of Feb. One night out 8/4/2014...I am ALLOWING myself to drink when on a night out, just cos I want it that way.[/]

Comment

Well Done!! Really chuffed for you

Comment

I am on my Day 2 too I am so scare that i cant control myself and make it to Day 3. Hopefully we both can make it 30 days .... I hate my drinking life

Comment

^Hope it goes well, rwd, I know it's hard to start off with. Just think, day 2 goes to day 4 pretty quickly, and by that time you'll have already doubled your days off.

Funny, I've just come back from the supermarket and I saw a woman in front of me buying a bottle of red wine and I just looked at it and the immediate thought that flooded into me was 'poison'. Can't believe that slightly over two weeks worth of abstinence has made me think that way already!
          [I]Quit drinking nightly at home (8 yrs) at the end of Feb. One night out 8/4/2014...I am ALLOWING myself to drink when on a night out, just cos I want it that way.[/]

Comment

Hi Redwinedrinker, well done on your two days. Hope the wkend goes ok for you. You're not alone in how you feel.
            You too Wastrel, great news on how you are doing and feeling

Comment

Working...
            X