Clear All

So now I know i am an Alcoholic..

So took an oath that i am not going to take a sip until 9th of May
    Clean since 4 Feb 2012
    Goal :: 9 May 2012 ( 90 Days )

Comment

Good for you Levi! Take it ODAAT!
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Very well done for making the choice you have!
        I wish you all the very best xx
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wildflower.
        Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
        And eternity in an hour.

Comment

levis: I hope you continue to stay AF. MWO is a great help...read here when you feel the urge to drink. Also, the abs forum here is very good. Good luck. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

What if you slip once in a while.. you know.. small time ??
            I had this friend over and i could not say no to him. We had a few drinks and had a very nice dinner. I didn't drink the next day either. It was just that night.
            Clean since 4 Feb 2012

Comment

It's been 17 days
              Clean since 4 Feb 2012

Comment

Hi,

So very pleased for you
                How are you feeling? xx
                And eternity in an hour.

Comment

I will jump on this thread as I am realizing things about myself as I detox. I was a functional alcoholic. The things I put my kids through are horrible, they have seen me: held back by 10 or more people while I was in a very violent and destructive mode, arrested and pulled from the house by police, cried all the way home thinking that I was dying because I was puking all over the car while being driven home, passed out on the street and have to be put into the back of a truck to get me home. I have: drank at work, jeperdizing everything, not known what I did the night before, not knowing how I got home, driven home in near state of comatose, the list could go for miles. I have been drinking since I was 15 years old. As a kid I always looked a little older, had thick facial hair and got a fake ID. The arabs at the corner market sold me alcohol almost every day when I was a teen. Things spiriled down from there, especially after my tour in Iraq, as I am not the same. I justified all my actions by saying that I was a productive member of society. I have a very good job that I show up to every day, I am attending college for my AA in business, I go to church, I help at boy scouts, you would never guess that I had a problem or would think I was an alcoholic, I always dressed nice, smelt good, and pulled it off quite well. Drunk all the time at soccer games in the mornings, when I was at work, when I was at school, when I was.....Now time to move forward

Comment

Hi Miklo!

Very positive post Miklo

I think alot of us have been there with 'pretending' we have a normal life, while all the time 'lying' to ourselves.

Congratulations on going AF - happy to hear your detox is going well

Thinking your tour of Iraq would have been heavy, I'm sure you saw thinks no one should :upset:

Take care and good luck xx
                    And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Good job on the 17 days post levi ! How is it going for you? I think what your doing now at your age is really good!! Take care of yourself and don't worry about others. As I type that I need to remember it too People always thought I was the life of the party too.. I just got married and was at my wedding sober. I saw a lot of my family and friends I use to enjoy drinking with get really drunk for days leading up to the wedding and at the event... As a sober person looking in... it really looked like a sad group of disabled people. It was disturbing. I don't know if they were having fun.. lots of lost eyes and big smiles but not much going on upstairs except slurred speech and broken records. I slipped a few weeks after. Lots of compound reasons why.. but you'd mentioned does a small slip madder... and I think it's all part of coming to terms. I think when the pull to drink becomes really strong your in it's grip, and your not in charge. That's when I think it's dangerous. Sure there are those "took it easy" nights... wine with dinner... no alcohol the next day, a since of normal and feeling ok.. but all of it is a gamble if you have a tendency to loose control. Thanks for listening to me ramble.. I just had a slip and need to be here to get back my AF life. It's so much better then struggling with alcohol.

Comment

Choice! You are an inspiration....good to see you. I just put in a meager 50 something days and decided to buy a bottle of wine. I'm not beating myself up. I did not drink for 4 years in the past. Different reasons but still it's hard to go AF in this society. Am I in those "took it easy nights" or have I taken control. That is always the question. Only we can decide. Wishing you all the best. xo
                        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I think I read the entire post... how did the car get home? Did the cops come?

Congrats on 17days! That's great.

Comment

Working...
                          X