Another slip.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another slip.....

Okay, I gave up my power yesterday. I had made the decision to get the alcohol out of the house while I do my 30 days ABs. Well, I should've had Hubby do it. I figured to have some before I poured it out. I had about 4 drinks. I did pour the rest out. So, I start over again one more time. I don't feel quite so horrible. I feel stronger this time though. I've decided to look at this 30 days as being a vacation of sorts for my brain. Just time to rest and get rejuvenated. I hope putting a postive spin on it will help also not having any alcohol in the house. Nothing to tease or taunt me.

Another slip.....

Morning all.

Back to square one for me too h.
    I had half a bottle of vodka last night.
    I don't know why.
    I was supposed to go to a friends house last night, but I had some men in, putting in a new heating system.
    They didn't finish until about 8, so I we didn't go.
    I just went and bought booze instead. I'm a bit upset because I can't work out why....

Comment

Another slip.....

JustH and Paul, somehow we forget...alas. though it confounds us. but we get up, and hopefully we learn and arm ourselves for the next "suprise attack".

en guard!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Another slip.....

Aw geez...can I just say THANK YOU to Just h and Paul for coming clean here...it really REALLY helps me realize I'm not alone with this devastating situation.

I want you to both realize the incredible impact your courage to post has had on me.

I, too, "slipped" after 9 days and was almost too ashamed to come back here to post.

Thanks to the lovely responses I received to my "I scare myself" thread, I'm stepping back and not judging myself.

Paul and Just H, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. This is not easy stuff. But we have each other, so that is something to be grateful for

love,
        Roxy

Comment

Another slip.....

Just H, and Paul,

I encore what Determinator has said. This is not an easy road and we all encounter bumps along the way. I know you both must feel bad, but please don't. Continue on your previous plans and you will get better. .

It's not about perfection - it's about progress.

Everyone here understands that and we are like family insofar as we understand all of it. In some ways we are closer than family because we are all sharing a common problem and a common goal. We are non-judgemental and have unconditional love, which our family members do have - conditional love.

We are playing the parts in a family drama where we are expected to "behave a certain way".

Just try to get back to where you were for your own sakes. We will support you and carry you no matter what your decisions are.

You are loved, you are supported, you are carried.

Love and best wishes,

Hilary
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Another slip.....

Hi All ...... Me too ....

Bottle and a half of wine ..... I was planning on having two glasses but didn't stop ....

Apart from being a bit hungover I actually feel OK though, I've never even managed 1 AF day in the past, & here we are on the 21 st jan and I've only drunk twice this year ..... I'm sure that if you think on the same lines you'll realise that you should actually be proud of yourselves.....

Love & Hugs, Paula xx :h :l :h :l
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Another slip.....

I think you are all doing marvellous, ok so you have a slip, but you still come back to try again... YOU DO NOT GIVE UP....When I started to try and stop drinking from about 8 or 9 years ago I must have had as many slips as I had hangovers and I know that beating yourself up over it only makes you feel a weak person and leads to negative thoughts about yourself, and don't forget, the Arch Villain himself, Mr Alcohol is just waiting to hear you say I GIVE UP..... or ...... I CAN'T DO THIS...these type of thoughts are food for him, whereas POSITIVE THOUGHTS will starve him, he will realise what a strong person you really are and crawl away with his tail between his legs.....

I found this poem which helped me a few times when I nearly listened to his voice and gave in, hope it helps you too.....

TODAY'S DREAMS ARE TOMORROW'S SUCCESSES..

DON'T BE AFRAID OF HIGH HOPES
              OR PLANS THAT SEEM TO BE OUT OF REACH.
              LIFE IS MEANT TO BE EXPERIENCED,
              AND EVERY SITUATION ALLOWS FOR
              LEARNING AND GROWTH.

MOTIVATION IS A POSITIVE STARTING POINT
              AND ACTION PLACES YOU ON A FORWARD PATH.
              A DREAM IS A BLUEPRINT
              OF A GOAL NOT YET ACHIEVED;
              THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO
              IS THE EFFORT INVOLVED IN ATTAINING
              WHAT YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH.

LET YOUR MIND AND HEART URGE YOU ON;
              ALLOW THE POWER OF YOUR WILL
              TO LEAD YOU TO YOUR DESTINATION.

DON'T COUNT THE STEPS AHEAD;
              JUST ADD UP THE TOTAL
              OF STEPS ALREADY COVERED,
              AND MULTIPLY IT BY
              FAITH, CONFIDENCE AND ENDURANCE.

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT
              FOR THOSE WHO PERSIST,
              TODAY'S DREAMS ARE TRANSFORMED
              INTO TOMORROW'S SUCCESSES.

Good luck to you all on your journey, as I have said many times, its not an easy one, but it is so worth it....

Love from Louise xxx
              A F F L..
              Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Another slip.....

Louise that was lovely,

Thankyou, Paula xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Another slip.....

thank you Louise
                  You are always so positive. I love reading your posts
                  love,
                  Roxy

Comment

Another slip.....

The best thing to do is not to blow off the episode.

Instead, learn from it. Confront it. Determine the whys....so that next time when the situation presents itself you will have the inner tools to fight that demon.

This disease is very sneaky. Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky.....

Paul: you mentioned that you were supposed to go to your friend's house where alcohol flowed freely. So in your mind you knew alcohol was going to be in the equation but you prepared yourslef by bringing your own beverage (you mentioned that a few days ago). Well now you couldn't go, no alcohol...and maybe because your mind was so consumed by this "alcohol" gathering that alcohol was going to be part of your Saturday night no matter what that you went out & got it anyway because it preoccupied your thoughts. Does that make sense?

That used to happen to me...if I already had something plugged in my mind there was no changing it.
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Another slip.....

Thank you for that wonderful poem Irish. I am going to print it and put it on my fridge. I think you are all doing so well and I think we have to remember we are human and we al have slips, and I think we do learn from those slips and get stronger each time. I am trying for mods and am scared I will slip, but after reading all of the posts I am not as scared because I know tomorrow is another day.
                      Sorry if this sounds wishy washy, just trying to put my thoughts into words.
                      :l :h :l
                      "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."
                      Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

Another slip.....

To try and fail and try and fail is not failure... To giveup...That is the failure.. To never try that is the failure
                        And so we are all here trying... It is a journey.. not a game.. it is life... our lives. Get back up and try some different way to get the success.

Martina McBride has a new song that will be released on a CD soon called anyway... (Words below)
                        I could see one of the verses being...

"and you start out today resoling not to drink.. and something happens in your life and you drink too much...
                        Resolve it anyway."

You really need to see/hear her sing it to get the inspiring feeling from it (you could go to YOUTUBE Click on link to the right... [ame= ]YouTube - Martina McBride "Anyway"[/ame]

Anyway Resolve to continue the journey!

Martina Mcbride
                        Do It Anyway
                        You can spend your whole life buildin'
                        Something from nothin
                        One storm could come and blow it all away
                        Build it anyway

You could chase a dream
                        That seems so out of reach
                        And you know it might not ever come your way
                        Dream it anyway

God is great but sometimes life aint good
                        And when I pray
                        It doesn't always turn out like i think it should
                        But I do it anyway
                        I do it anyway

This worlds gone crazy
                        And it's hard to believe
                        That tomorrow will be better than today
                        Believe it anyway

You can love someone with all you heart
                        For all the right reasons
                        And in a momemt they can choose to walk away
                        Love 'em anyway

God is great but sometimes life aint good
                        And when I pray
                        It doesn't always turn out like i think it should
                        But I do it anyway
                        Yeah I do it anyway

You can pour your soul out singin'
                        A song you believe in
                        That tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
                        Sing it anyway
                        Yeah sing it anyway

I sing
                        I dream
                        I love anyway
                        Control the Mind

Comment

Another slip.....

Thanks Rocky, nice lyrics. And, you're right, one about alcohol would be fitting.

Paula, Roxy, Paul, H, ... ya know what? At least we're no longer back where we were, drinking and sticking our heads in the sand! At least we're not pretending to ourselves to just ignore it, rationalize or forget about it. We're here and we want to be better. And that my friends, is what really counts!!

Day 1... again.... but so much further down the path than a few months ago!!
                          Olly

Comment

Another slip.....

Yes - Do it anyway
                            Control the Mind

Comment

Another slip.....

yes, Olly,
                              I was thinking the same thing today. At least we are all trying...and we keep coming back. Which is all anyone can ask. And I feel very privileged to share the journey with the people I am meeting here at MWO.

love,
                              Roxy

Comment

Working...
                              X